LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

49er Fans • Please take a moment and give thanks...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Gotta disagree with Derek Smith. Dude was a beast until he wound up truning into a cyclops due to injury. The guy still tried to play 1-eyed.

Agreed. I'm glad we're out of those god awful dark, dismal days of SF football but Derek Smith was a pretty damn good players until that injury.

Agree, Ulbrich and Smith were probably one of our only bright spots back then.
you forgot the fan favorite jamie winborn. The only thing he ever did was have one good game for us and then he hit nolan in the eye
Let us not forget the following game plan that must have taken hours to produce.

1st down, hand off to Frank Gore off right guard, 2 yard gain.

2nd down, same play, lets impose our will on the defense, 1 yard gain.

3rd down and 7, QB (insert name here) rushed by the pass rush, rolls right and throws out of bounds or at the feet of the receiver or dumps i off for a 2 yard gain, either way it is a

4th down- punt, even if we are on the other teams 35, we will punt.

Defense, bend but do not break, give up 6 yards a pop, then holding them to a field goal is a victory. Great coaching.
I liked Nolan. He brought some of the quality players we have now. He just couldn't coach or put a good coaching team together. The other coaches sucked big time. Like some said I don't want to think of the past. I'm so ready for a Super Bowl trophy #6.
Originally posted by luis1985:
I liked Nolan. He brought some of the quality players we have now. He just couldn't coach or put a good coaching team together. The other coaches sucked big time. Like some said I don't want to think of the past. I'm so ready for a Super Bowl trophy #6.

No way, Nolan was awful and a pretentious, big nickel, offensive challenged moron. Yeah him and Drunk McCloughan may have brought some good players in but they also brought in an equal or greater number of real stinkers.

I don't give them any credit for that. I could have drafted Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis. They whiffed on a lot of picks in the top ten as well.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
I remember when tickets were 6 bucks on stub hub for regular season games.
Great post
Originally posted by fly15:
you forgot one clown

Originally posted by susweel:
Something still lingers from that era.

Yeah but it seems we are stuck with you two...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by fly15:
you forgot one clown

Originally posted by susweel:
Something still lingers from that era.

Yeah but it seems we are stuck with you two...

dont curr what you think

Man, for all the criticism Alex takes today, you gotta admit he's light years better than he was in '05. Yah, I guess that's too be expected after 7 years, but wow watching him then - flat feet, poor decision making, staring down receivers, deer-in-headlights look, etc. - ugh...
Originally posted by btthepunk:

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mickey49:
Man, for all the criticism Alex takes today, you gotta admit he's light years better than he was in '05. Yah, I guess that's too be expected after 7 years, but wow watching him then - flat feet, poor decision making, staring down receivers, deer-in-headlights look, etc. - ugh...

back then he helped lose games for us. One thing some haters are either unable or unwilling to look at is that he did not lose us games last year. How many times did he make a decision to do or NOT do something and we said,, " wow the alex of years ago would have never been able to do that"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

is that woods? you know there were so many awfull people to wear that number, they kind of all blend together in this big noise in my head when I think of those times
being superstitious ...this post is too early...without having played one regular season game yet

Share 49ersWebzone