LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Depth Chart released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea it's not a great sing that he couldn't beat out Ted Ginn.

Ginn only beats Jenkins because of his KR/PR skills. No way Ginn is even on this team without his return skills.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Anyone else find it interesting that AJ is behind Crabs and not Moss? I just assumed AJ would be Moss's replacement by next year. Do you think that means they see AJ and Crabs as having similar skill sets? I thought AJ was the burner.

Draft wise, I think we go back to WR but finally go after that big (6'3+) kid that can go up and get the ball. Also, Ginn will be gone next year as well so that opens another spot.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Anyone else find it interesting that AJ is behind Crabs and not Moss? I just assumed AJ would be Moss's replacement by next year. Do you think that means they see AJ and Crabs as having similar skill sets? I thought AJ was the burner.

Draft wise, I think we go back to WR but finally go after that big (6'3+) kid that can go up and get the ball. Also, Ginn will be gone next year as well so that opens another spot.

Yeah, we need a prototypical WCO WR badly...that and a top flight OLB and 3-gap, wide-bodied NT to groom along with a Justin Smith clone.
Mcbath can't wear 32 now thats its the regular season.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

He's #28 now that Cartwright is gone
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

He's #28 now that Cartwright is gone

thats cool 28 is a good FS #
Originally posted by 99problems:
im actually thinking Dobbs could be inactive.
we dont need him and Tuku active on game days.
and that would free up either AJ or Kyle
Um Dobbs plays 3 positions blocking TE backup DE and OLB. He plays for sure.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
im actually thinking Dobbs could be inactive.
we dont need him and Tuku active on game days.
and that would free up either AJ or Kyle
Um Dobbs plays 3 positions blocking TE backup DE and OLB. He plays for sure.

also on special teams, unless he is hurt there is no way Dobbs is inactive

I think AJ will learn all of the receivers positions, so he will be able to create mismatches with his speed. Give it time, I think he will become a factor by midseason and in the playoffs. The kid caught 90+ passes from a not so good qb last year, with no other threats on the team to take the focus off of him. I think he'll be fine, if nothing else he will give us depth.
Doesn't matter who Aj Jenkins is behind. They've said multiple times that he is learning ALL the WR positions.

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Gameday Inactives?

G. Celek
A. Jenkins
A. Dixon
S. Tolzien
I. Williams
D. McBath
J. Looney

Fixed
IMO Dixon will get the nod over James because of special teams

First roound pick inactive??????? Doubt it!
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Gameday Inactives?

G. Celek
A. Jenkins
A. Dixon
S. Tolzien
I. Williams
D. McBath
J. Looney

Fixed
IMO Dixon will get the nod over James because of special teams

First roound pick inactive??????? Doubt it!

This the problem when you have outstanding depth, highly touted draft picks don't suit up. Wait until next year, it will be worse, especially considering we are most likely going to condense 15 draft picks into fewer, higher draft picks.
Hey, Randy Moss made the team!
Originally posted by ninermedic:

WHEN!?
Originally posted by ninermedic:

I was more concerned about J Smith and P Willis starting, who would have guessed?

Seriously, for those concerned about our draft picks not suiting up. Didnt you see that coming? Who was AJ going to beat out? Williams maybe. With Ginn beat up and AJ not a punt returner? And James, I love the kid, but Gire, Hunter, Jacobs,Dix plays 3 spots now, his punt coverage was dreadful. I think he will come on later and be our home run hitter we all wanted him to be, but it may take some work. Or who knows, we are all just guessing until we see the 46.

Personally, I think the best part of our depth chart is TE. I almost feel bad for Celek. Yes, he makes the 53, but then gets listed behind a DL in Dobbs. Granted Dobbs will suit up every week, but to be 4th behind him, thats a bit embarrasing.
Share 49ersWebzone