LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Depth Chart released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
but can we honestly say anyone else should be inactive though (excluding injuries)?

disappoint they may not be playing, but somewhat content with they progress they made.

I would like to see Jenkins jump Williams and Ham....James needs to pass Dixon which shouldn't be that hard IMO.

I can see Jenkins passing Williams. but not Mario, esp. not in year 1. 2013, i'm epecting Jenkins to push for a starter position, especially if Moss isn't resigned.

Dixon's role is going to be ST. as a RB i'm sure hes above him. IMO he's competing with Kendall for PT. Jacobs is primarily short yardage. 2013 i don't think Jacobs is back.... Gore will be short yardage () and LMJ should see more PT at #2.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I wouldn't worry about it. I think Harbaugh is the kind of guy that puts a premium on experience. I also wouldn't put it past him to have the young guys continue to sit and learn while he works them into the line up later in the season. After all, look what they did with Aldon Smith last year - He really didn't play until week four? It certainly wasn't because he sucked.

But Aldon at least dressed and got game time experience. I just want to see them in real action, not hear practice reports.

and we had no depth at OLB last year.......................
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea it's not a great sing that he couldn't beat out Ted Ginn. This a early depth chart though. I hope he surpasses him and Williams on the depth chart by the end of the year. But yea when it's likely that your 1st and 2nd draft picks aren't even dressing that you are either extremely deep or just drafted the wrong guys. We shall see

Ginn was going to suit up regardless if Jenkins is better or not

Ginn is our return man.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea it's not a great sing that he couldn't beat out Ted Ginn. This a early depth chart though. I hope he surpasses him and Williams on the depth chart by the end of the year. But yea when it's likely that your 1st and 2nd draft picks aren't even dressing that you are either extremely deep or just drafted the wrong guys. We shall see

Ginn was going to suit up regardless if Jenkins is better or not

Ginn is our return man.

Jenkins just needs to perfect running a reverse to beat out Ginn. hasn't done it yet.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I wouldn't worry about it. I think Harbaugh is the kind of guy that puts a premium on experience. I also wouldn't put it past him to have the young guys continue to sit and learn while he works them into the line up later in the season. After all, look what they did with Aldon Smith last year - He really didn't play until week four? It certainly wasn't because he sucked.

But Aldon at least dressed and got game time experience. I just want to see them in real action, not hear practice reports.

and we had no depth at OLB last year.......................

Very true but even if we did I would expect him to jump to competition. Every 1st rounder has walked in starting jobs for the most part or got PT early on regardless of injury. The only way to really evalute a player is in actual games. I dont like new toys collecting dust and if the problem was raw speed last year having both speed guys sit doesnt really solve the issue.
Very true but even if we did I would expect him to jump to competition. Every 1st rounder has walked in starting jobs for the most part or got PT early on regardless of injury. The only way to really evalute a player is in actual games. I dont like new toys collecting dust and if the problem was raw speed last year having both speed guys sit doesnt really solve the issue.

this is week1's draft chart. There is no reason to assume LaMike or AJ Jenkins won't move up the draft chart.

Its not a big deal that the rooks won't see the field in week 1.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

this is week1's draft chart. There is no reason to assume LaMike or AJ Jenkins won't move up the draft chart.

I know I just want to see these guys play. All the draft hype and we have to watch them stand around in jeans...like a big cock tease.

week 4. then i start to worry.
Isn't it a good thing that rooks don't start right away? It's usuallly a sign of a championship team with a roster loaded with talent.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Isn't it a good thing that rooks don't start right away? It's usuallly a sign of a championship team with a roster loaded with talent.

Aldon Smith
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Colin Jones
Bruce Miller

we were championship caliber last year and all of these guys either started or played very fast

AJ & LAM will get playing time as the season progresses.

We NOW have real coaches who know what to do.

I feel your impatience - this has been the LONGEST off season I can remember.

OLine is a concern as is OLB as far as depth.
Don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty nervous about our depth.

We really don't have much behind:
-Our OTs (I'm guessing Leonard Davis swings to tackle if we need to?)
-OLB (I'm not very excited that Clark Haggans becomes a starter if either OLB goes down. He si 35, average at best, and facing disciplinary action. I'd rather see Larry Grant just play the OLB spot if we had to put a backup in.)
-Safety (not that impressed by either Trenton Robinson or CJ Spillman)

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the line up.
I didnt see anyone reply to your question so ill try to answer it.

-Our OTs (I'm guessing Leonard Davis swings to tackle if we need to?) My guess is that if either one of our tackles go down, Boone will take over the T positions and L.Davis will take the RG spot. If both tackles go down (god i hope this doesn't happen) Boone takes the left T spot and L.Davis moves to right T and Kilgire moves to RG?

-OLB (I'm not very excited that Clark Haggans becomes a starter if either OLB goes down. He si 35, average at best, and facing disciplinary action. I'd rather see Larry Grant just play the OLB spot if we had to put a backup in.) I'm not excited much with the signing either, mostly because of Haggans DUI charge, however he fits very well into our 3-4 defense since he has the experience coming from Pittsburgh. I also think that if either of our OLB's go down that we might see Harbaugh and Fangio have Haggans split time with Grant or Dobbs? This happens to be my main concern going into the season, we are very thin at this position, but i'm sure Harbaugh and Baalke have a plan......

-Safety (not that impressed by either Trenton Robinson or CJ Spillman) Meh im ok with it, I think C.J. has shown a ton of upside the last two years and has proven to be the most reliable backup safety we have and of course his ST play is outstanding. Robinson, I felt has shown flashes in preseason as a possible starter in the future, he's a rookie so he will show from time to time why he isn't ready, but that goes without saying.

Aldon Smith
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Colin Jones
Bruce Miller

we were championship caliber last year and all of these guys either started or played very fast

Well I can't argue that. Perhaps this year we're over-loaded with talent that the rooks are barely hanging on!

I mean, did anyone really expect Aj to be a starting WR on a chart that has Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, and Ginn, and Williams?!

Aldon Smith
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Colin Jones
Bruce Miller

Well I can't argue that. Perhaps this year we're over-loaded with talent that the rooks are barely hanging on!

I mean, did anyone really expect Aj to be a starting WR on a chart that has Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, and Ginn, and Williams?!

Ginn aand Williams, yes. Moss and Crabs, no. Ham, maybe.
Anyone else find it interesting that AJ is behind Crabs and not Moss? I just assumed AJ would be Moss's replacement by next year. Do you think that means they see AJ and Crabs as having similar skill sets? I thought AJ was the burner.
Share 49ersWebzone