Originally posted by 5timechamps:
good move!

NO
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
This debate is not for you. Stop being amused IMMEDIATELY, or I shall ask you a second time!

I am not amused by your tone.

Sir, I demand you recant or face my typos!

HAR HAIR HUR HA R. EWE maid type-ohs like a stoopad. Mossed be imbarasing four yoo. EYE wen, ewe loose! Luser!!!!

BTW, Allex SMiff Gets cut to make rume 4 haygins. Dobes strtz at kwarterbeck. CHampyunshp!!!

Eye wubs yew!
Smart temporary signing, I like it
This debate is not for you. Stop being amused IMMEDIATELY, or I shall ask you a second time!

HAR HAIR HUR HA R. EWE maid type-ohs like a stoopad. Mossed be imbarasing four yoo. EYE wen, ewe loose! Luser!!!!

BTW, Allex SMiff Gets cut to make rume 4 haygins. Dobes strtz at kwarterbeck. CHampyunshp!!!

Eye wubs yew!

*sphincter puckers*
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
They listed Dobbs as a TE on the last two depth charts. They had no way of knowing how healthy he was before cutdowns, since yesterday was the first time he got back on the field since his injury. Celek was undrafted for a reason. He had 14 career receptions at Michigan State, and he is not at all fast. He is an adequate blocker, and both is hands and sense of zone coverages were pleasant surprises, but it is unlikely that any GMs cursed the Niners when they secured Celek after the draft. I look at him as a cheaper, younger Peele.

As of Wednesday, Fangio had stated that the backups had not impressed him. Robinson and McBath made one significant play each in that game. If one had been head and shoulders above the other, I believe we would have kept only one of those two guys.
I never said that Celek was a lock. I said I doubted he'd be a casualty of a Haggans signing. Fine, he only had 14 career receptions at Mich. St. But he didn't make this roster for sh!ts & giggles either. I know Fangio said he wasn't impressed but at this point his options aren't better than what he has now. We aren't gonna go into the GB game with only 4 CB's. And keep in mind we currently only have 1 secondary guy on the PS - S Michael Thomas - and he's a rookie. Like I said, at this point it's a numbers game.

What are you talking about? Obviously no one made the roster on a dare, but they still have positions where fringe players are more likely to contribute than others. Dobbs grants flexibility at 3 positions, and he rushes the passer well. McBath and Robinson are safeties, not CBs. You don't need 5 on your roster, and we didn't have 5 on the roster last year, unless you count Colin Jones a safety (which is like calling Brian Jennings a TE). Barring injuries, you would not have more than 3 safeties on the field at any one time (on defense), and that would only occur if you have more confidence in that 3rd safety in a dime situation than you would your 4th CB. I don't see that being the case this year, as both Cully and Cox have looked good in coverage.

Re: Celek, you mention that Harbaugh loves pass-catching TEs. If that was his drive, he would have kept Reuland, who reportedly catches everything but needs work as a blocker, over Celek, who was a blocking TE in college and is still developing in the passing game.

Reuland can't run after the catch. He killed himself Friday night.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Eye wubs yew!

*sphincter puckers*

Tight end?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Reuland can't run after the catch. He killed himself Friday night.

Now the Jets have the ultimate weapon! Zombie TE!
Probably Celek goes for the time being. They've got line beef if they need a TE blocker (see Davis, Leonard). They'll need all the DBs they can accommodate for their first game and at least three others coming up, so I'd be surprised to see any of the CBs or safeties dropped. And DBs (like WRs and RBs) seem to get dinged up more often than average. And while any player on the 53 waived now is at risk to be picked up by another team, Celek may be the safest to risk.

Eye wubs yew!

*sphincter puckers*

Tight end?

*sphincter relaxes*
Wow. That was a pretty ugly first post.

You need to include a link to your quote so we know the source.

Your butchering of Haralson's name amuses me, though. Especially considering the correct spelling is in the quote you provided.

That said, I'm also interested in learning more about this information.

Good subject matter, poorly executed. I'll give you a pass this time, but get your s**t together before you post again.
Here is the link
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/09/02/report-cardinals-castoff-haggans-will-bolster-49ers-olb-corps/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Thank you for bringing up the proof reading error as that is all it was.

Back to the point. This article in my opinion brings up the possibility of money being a issue rather than injury or both although I would like to not believe it is about money at this point. Nothing would surprise me though.

I just hope this signing does not mean Haralson's departure. Other than that I see it similar to the Leonard Davis signing as veteran insurance.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
*sphincter relaxes*

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jgreen49:
Here is the link
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/09/02/report-cardinals-castoff-haggans-will-bolster-49ers-olb-corps/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Back to the point. This article in my opinion brings up the possibility of money being a issue rather than injury or both although I would like to not believe it is about money at this point. Nothing would surprise me though.

I just hope this signing does not mean Haralson's departure. Other than that I see it similar to the Leonard Davis signing as veteran insurance.

Thanks for the link, Bro! Good job on the second post! Welcome aboard! Don't let the a*****es here bother you!

I'm such an a*****e.
Please please please cut Haralson!!!!
Originally posted by jgreen49:
Here is the link

Thanks for the link, Bro! Good job on the second post! Welcome aboard! Don't let the a*****es here bother you!

I'm such an a*****e.

It would make sense to keep him out of practices involving gameplanning if he was refusing to renegotiate. Wouldn't want him to know the defenses and coverages they were emphasizing for the big game. I guess a lot depends on how much faith they have in Dobbs being able to step into a third position (as releasing Haralson would drop us back to 3 OLBs).

...did someone mention a*****e? *sphincter re-puckers*
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Please please please cut Haralson!!!!

I'd be on board if we weren't so thin at the position.
Share 49ersWebzone