Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
How do you guys know more than Vic Fangio about which guy he should use as linebacker in his 3-4 defense...The guy only put all four of his backers in the ProBowl at one time in his career when he was the LB position coach. Not like he graduated from the WebZone University of Higher Football Learning or anything.

Vic Fangio is the Bob McKittrick of linebacker coach. Dude can take a crack head off the street for 4 weeks and have him pass rushing at 260lbs and making 5-7 tackles a game. So chill.

Think its more up to Trent

Pretty sure with Fangio telling Trent which guy he wants out of the available list. Trent is the GM but he don't know 3-4 LB like Fangio.

I doubt Fangio has a running list of FA OLB's in ranked order, thats a GM job.

That's most likely true. That's why I said it's up to Fangio to pick out the guy he would like to work with from the available list.

I'm not sure he would know who all the guys are. Even though he has NFL experience I cant imagine he pays that much attention to other teams guys.

I thought it would be obvious to most, that NFL coaches watch game tapes and can request game tapes of certain players from assistants through the years. And Baalke being a good GM that he is should provide Vic with the game tapes of the guys on that list so Vic can evaluate further. Then Vic can pick and choose after seeing them.

In preperation for GB.....I still cant see him sitting down watching 10 different tapes to look for a backup. He would be more familiar with offensive players from his tape watching.

Sure he can when he has 20+ years of experience to know what he's looking for. It doesn't take long.

not saying he doesnt know what to look for, im saying I dont think he had an extra 8 hours to blow while trying to prepare for Rodgers
How do you guys know more than Vic Fangio about which guy he should use as linebacker in his 3-4 defense...The guy only put all four of his backers in the ProBowl at one time in his career when he was the LB position coach. Not like he graduated from the WebZone University of Higher Football Learning or anything.

Vic Fangio is the Bob McKittrick of linebacker coach. Dude can take a crack head off the street for 4 weeks and have him pass rushing at 260lbs and making 5-7 tackles a game. So chill.

Think its more up to Trent

Pretty sure with Fangio telling Trent which guy he wants out of the available list. Trent is the GM but he don't know 3-4 LB like Fangio.

I doubt Fangio has a running list of FA OLB's in ranked order, thats a GM job.

That's most likely true. That's why I said it's up to Fangio to pick out the guy he would like to work with from the available list.

I'm not sure he would know who all the guys are. Even though he has NFL experience I cant imagine he pays that much attention to other teams guys.

I thought it would be obvious to most, that NFL coaches watch game tapes and can request game tapes of certain players from assistants through the years. And Baalke being a good GM that he is should provide Vic with the game tapes of the guys on that list so Vic can evaluate further. Then Vic can pick and choose after seeing them.

In preperation for GB.....I still cant see him sitting down watching 10 different tapes to look for a backup. He would be more familiar with offensive players from his tape watching.

Sure he can when he has 20+ years of experience to know what he's looking for. It doesn't take long.

not saying he doesnt know what to look for, im saying I dont think he had an extra 8 hours to blow while trying to prepare for Rodgers

8 hours Damn, I hope Vic isn't that slow in knowing what he wants and see out of a few LBs, when most of what they do is watch tapes.

You know those 'tapes' can be cut up into each snap for that particular player by assistants so they don't have to trudge through the other crap during the game right. Like a condense version.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM ]
does he play this week?
does he play this week?

nope
Maiocco's twitter says he was suspended 3 games. It's crazy when someone like Britt who has his 8 arrest in a few years got 1 game and Haggins who supposedly was going back home to his daughter who had stopped breathing gets 3 games. Either way I am wondering if we send Celek down and bring Cam Johnson up until he is back? Either way expect Aldon and Brooks to get all the snaps baring injury.
Share 49ersWebzone