LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The only position where we F'd up IMO, is OT. Can you imagine if we had the same situation at OT right now? People would be throwing a s**tstorm. We stupidly lost Mike Person to a 53, so we could keep McBath safe from the waiver wire. So what's more important, a 5th safety, or a dedicated backup OT? I don't get it.

Eh, what's more important, a tackle that would be inactive on gameday or a safety that can play special teams?

Active linemen:

Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, A.Davis, Kilgore, L.Davis

It's rare to have more than seven active linemen.

Now, if we have a bunch of injuries, that would suck. You just can't plan your roster worrying about it, though.

I can understand that we might want McBath for special teams, but losing our 4th tackle was not wise. ONE injury at OT, and we are going to be scrambling to find somebody to sign.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I can understand that we might want McBath for special teams, but losing our 4th tackle was not wise. ONE injury at OT, and we are going to be scrambling to find somebody to sign.

Well, when you have one injury at OT, the team is usually going to look for a player to sign. That's normal.

We didn't lose our fourth offensive tackle, though. L.Davis is the fourth OT. Is he better than Person? I have no idea... I don't think any of us do.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Oh well at least we're talking about back ups and not front line guys.
Originally posted by susweel:

word
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Wow, susweel with the silver lining!

Haggans may step in and provide solid depth. I have faith in Baalke!

Injuries happen.....
Well, I guess for now nobody is getting cut since Haralson is on IR which freed up a spot for Haggins. Wonder if we are set with those 3 or we bring back Alama-Francis or Rowe or Bakhtiari or an outsider?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Well, I guess for now nobody is getting cut since Haralson is on IR which freed up a spot for Haggins. Wonder if we are set with those 3 or we bring back Alama-Francis or Rowe or Bakhtiari or an outsider?

I thought Bakhtiari got picked up by someone. Is that not true?

If not, he would be my first choice. Otherwise, yes, we should bring back Rowe or Alma-Francis.
Originally posted by cciowa:
for the record,,, i never flamed the front office one bit about the injuries to the rookie linebackers we got because that is just bad luck,,, i am pissed cuz they knew about this injury and still let some people go, i am pissed because thier solution is to sign a guy who may not play this sunday. i am pissed because they are basing everything on this hearing this week to go thier way. that is arrogance and that is why i am pissed. I have said pissed so much i have to pee,, well the more i pee the less i will cry about this

Hahaha! Anyway, we all have our opinions, but some people don't look at the whole pic, you can't have top of the line at every position and b/u without having to worry about cap space. Everything, you have to pick your spots, maybe even your poison if you will. They are looking at long term, meaning if PH is out 8 games (and thats at the very least) and even if they have to wait for Haggans, they still need a quality b/u. Yes they are banking and hoping they will be okay until Haggan comes back should he get suspended. The people we let go, some may think they are good enough, but maybe they weren't in the eyes of the coaches and staff. Like I said Bak did his against thrid stringers and lesser talent, but how did he do in camp? As for picking up someone from another teams trash bin, I didn't hear of anyone better than Haggan (could be wrong), he offers experience, proven ability for the price and as an added bonus, could give us some sccops on the cards.
I am not so worried about any injuries to our offensive line. I am worried about injuries at wide receiver and special teams. We saw how our depth at those positions came back to bite us in the ass. Given they have added massive depth to those positions but still it's in the back of my mind.

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

If not, he would be my first choice. Otherwise, yes, we should bring back Rowe or Alma-Francis.

I suspect that Baalke thought more of Haggans than of the guys we had already work with us. We do not know why Haggans was let go other tha. Quotes Groves is going to replace him, but he was a starter in the NFL last season.

still need a 4th OLB
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I suspect that Baalke thought more of Haggans than of the guys we had already work with us. We do not know why Haggans was let go other tha. Quotes Groves is going to replace him, but he was a starter in the NFL last season.

I like this thinking bro!!
Makes me wonder if he has anything left in the tank at 35. If he does somehow, this might be an upgrade from Haralson if not an equal talent of Haralson. Just have to wait and see.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Baalke failed to address the position properly in the draft and free agency. Now we are paper thin at a vital position.

careful friend,, if you dare question this coach and front office, the wolves will circle you and the webzone is a lonely place when the wolves come out gee susweet,,,, i have this linebacker I know will be put on injured reserve plus i have two linebackers who are "working through something" so our plan is to sign a 35 year old who may get suspended for the first game against one of the top teams in the nfl at thier place but thats ok , because we are the 49ers and have everyone back on defense and have a new stadium going up and these cool little blue shirts, the hearing will go in our favor wednesday. holy f**king s**t

don't know why people are against questioning moves made by anyone. After all nobody is perfect even the great Bill Walsh made some bad moves it happens. I'm not saying to fire Baalke or anything but when something is not right he should be called out for it.

He did draft a bunch of them, just not at a high draft slots.

You can't blame a guy for having FOUR guys go down at same position. No GM is prepared for that scenario in August....
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone