There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

Originally posted by cciowa:
so what happens if clark is suspended for sunday and brooks and smith are not 100 per cent? do we just put on our little blue shirts and scream whose got it better than us,,,, yes that should scare the s**t out of rogers

Injuries happen, you deal with it one game at a time, what do you do? I am sure that the niners will either adjust by adding Dobbs, who has had some reps there or a big saftey on passing plays there, maybe even move Grant or our other LB there, maybe move grant in the middle and slide Willis outside. You could have 4 OLB and all could get injured and still have to deal with it, it is no more unlikely than both Smith and Brooks both gettting hurt.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
It all depends on the phillosphy that you follow. You are looking at only backing up offense and defense, JH is looking at fielding good Defense, Offense AND ST. He and Baalke also probably looking at who we have scheduled for the season (the reason Brock is kept.). We did try to up it with Flemming and Cam and hoped they would come thru on D and ST, but $hit happens. This is one of the reasons why repeating last years success is hard, injuries, and why some are playing the odds against us like the media, yet some on the zone get po'd about.
for the record,,, i never flamed the front office one bit about the injuries to the rookie linebackers we got because that is just bad luck,,, i am pissed cuz they knew about this injury and still let some people go, i am pissed because thier solution is to sign a guy who may not play this sunday. i am pissed because they are basing everything on this hearing this week to go thier way. that is arrogance and that is why i am pissed. I have said pissed so much i have to pee,, well the more i pee the less i will cry about this
Baalke failed to address the position properly in the draft and free agency. Now we are paper thin at a vital position.
i guess we will know more after wed. if the hearing does not go our way and clark is suspended for green bay i want to know what thier plan is,, the coaches and front office better have that plan right now. the nfl is like a spayed b***h in heat,,, if you stand still you are screwed,, if you run , sometimes you get bit in the ass. after i saw how they arrogantly bungled the manning smith fiasco, i support them but no longer drink thier bathwater

I don't have all the specifics of that fiasco, but I thought we put a deal on the table for Alex prior to FA, he declined, Manning called, we met him, discussed, "evaluated", competed for his services, Denver put up more cash and somehow a more favorable package, Manning chose them, we finalized a mutually agreed upon contract with Alex Smith. I am sure these guys are arrogant aplenty, but I am not sure they bungled the deal. It would seem that they missed on Peyton and landed Alex. Not too bad, but I can gather that public perception was much more than that. It could seem that we lowballed Alex, then snuck off to try and nab Manning, then failed. After which we crawled back to the open arms of Alex Smith. I don't know exactly how it went down but I could not be happier after what I have seen the last decade. I can only hope for sustained success for a change
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Baalke failed to address the position properly in the draft and free agency. Now we are paper thin at a vital position.

I surprised you are as panicky as cciowa. KKCO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

careful friend,, if you dare question this coach and front office, the wolves will circle you and the webzone is a lonely place when the wolves come out gee susweet,,,, i have this linebacker I know will be put on injured reserve plus i have two linebackers who are "working through something" so our plan is to sign a 35 year old who may get suspended for the first game against one of the top teams in the nfl at thier place but thats ok , because we are the 49ers and have everyone back on defense and have a new stadium going up and these cool little blue shirts, the hearing will go in our favor wednesday. holy f**king s**t
I have my concerns about OLB depth, but this week (and next week for that matter) it probably won't come into play. The Niners will be in this set for 75% of GB's offensive snaps.

Brooks-McDonald-Smith-Smith
Willis-Bowman
Brown-Rogers-Whitner-Goldson-Culliver

If Brooks or Aldon go down, they'll probably shift Justin or MacDonald outside and play RJF at DT.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Sep 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:

uh, two guys who may not be 100 per cent, another guy who may not be able to play in an area that was supposed to be our power this year, against green bay and rogers at green bay. You are telling me with a straight face,, you are ok with this
Did Green Bay improve its run game? Anyone notice?

He did addressed it with 2 late round picks. The unfortunate thing was that they were both injured in camp.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran

they signed Cedric Benson if that is an improvement.

uh, two guys who may not be 100 per cent, another guy who may not be able to play in an area that was supposed to be our power this year, against green bay and rogers at green bay. You are telling me with a straight face,, you are ok with this

I am not happy about it but we have to accept it and judge the people who risked this situation (coaches and FO) accordingly.
Originally posted by sfout:

they signed Cedric Benson if that is an improvement.

Quick response would be a big no.

careful friend,, if you dare question this coach and front office, the wolves will circle you and the webzone is a lonely place when the wolves come out gee susweet,,,, i have this linebacker I know will be put on injured reserve plus i have two linebackers who are "working through something" so our plan is to sign a 35 year old who may get suspended for the first game against one of the top teams in the nfl at thier place but thats ok , because we are the 49ers and have everyone back on defense and have a new stadium going up and these cool little blue shirts, the hearing will go in our favor wednesday. holy f**king s**t

All I can say is we just have to wait to see how this plays out. It is a discomfort that we are seemingly undermanned at OLB but we have to hope for health, consistency, and on top of that perhaps a favorable verdict out of the hearing. It is a lot to ask, but I am willing to try. Heck, I don't want to see Rodgers back there with all day to make plays at home in Lambeau. We gotta play with the cards Baalke dealt us

don't know why people are against questioning moves made by anyone. After all nobody is perfect even the great Bill Walsh made some bad moves it happens. I'm not saying to fire Baalke or anything but when something is not right he should be called out for it.