There are 261 users in the forums

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by cciowa:
riddle me this...why sign a guy to replace a player going to IR, when he could have a 3 game suspension to start the season?

that was in the back of my mind as well,, i know it is against the law to second guess the coach and front office around here but to me,,, this is the question no one wants to look at
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers knew about Haralson's injury before releasing Bakhtiari, Alama-Francis, et al... @MAL1GAYA Any chance the #49ers sign bakhtiari?
should not be that pricey, i am thinking we are really up against the cap.. if they knew about his injury then why the hell did they release,,, ah never mind. i just get angry thinking about this and then i will get a lecture on how we dare never question the wisdom of the front office and the coach
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We drafted 2 backers that got injured whereas we already had 3 quality OLBs then all 3 of them got injured during preseason and now we got 1 rookie and 1 vet on IR so we got another vet to start the season with. I am not sure what more Baalke could do but injuries happen. They are inevitable

bringing in a guy who could be suspended is stupid
riddle me this...why sign a guy to replace a player going to IR, when he could have a 3 game suspension to start the season?

that was in the back of my mind as well,, i know it is against the law to second guess the coach and front office around here but to me,,, this is the question no one wants to look at
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers knew about Haralson's injury before releasing Bakhtiari, Alama-Francis, et al... @MAL1GAYA Any chance the #49ers sign bakhtiari?

The question is are any of these players good enough to bump another player off the 53

no, bring Cam up and put Francis on the PS (if he is eligable)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

The 3 game suspension is all speculation. Britt is a repeat offender and he only got one game.
going on injured reserve was all just speculation untill it took place,. you better be ready for all situations , including worse case.

The 3 game suspension is all speculation. Britt is a repeat offender and he only got one game.
still risky....and we cant afford a 1 game suspension at this point
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

The question is are any of these players good enough to bump another player off the 53

and can we afford it?

apparently baalke disagrees
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
bringing in a guy who could be suspended is stupid
as is cutting a guy who was respectable for us when you knew one of your guys was seriously hurt. I would like to get an answer if smith and brooks are 100 per cent but you know where that will go
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

fine, he gets suspended for green bay, we have two outside linebackers and both have been injured,, worked out well

Haggans, however, faces a possible three-game suspension in connection to a 2011 DUI arrest. A hearing on the matter will be held Wednesday and Haggans' agent hopes to avoid a suspension, or have it reduced.

Baalke can disagree all he wants....its still stupid.

Haggans, however, faces a possible three-game suspension in connection to a 2011 DUI arrest. A hearing on the matter will be held Wednesday and Haggans' agent hopes to avoid a suspension, or have it reduced.

Yeah i'll give baalke the benefit of the doubt over a few armchair GM's.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 3, 2012 at 1:01 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Should've signed Alama-Francis for a few games till Haggans situation is resolved.

Of the OLBs cut only Rowe and Cam were PS eligible. Bak and Alama-Francis have too many accrued games/seasons.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Of the OLBs cut only Rowe and Cam were PS eligible. Bak and Alama-Francis have too many accrued games/seasons.
well that sucks
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Yeah i'll give the baalke the benefit of the doubt over a few armchair GM's.
that is a helluva thing to roll the dice on given our current situation at outside linebacker on the week of the season opener against green bay up there.. i swear the arrogance of the front office and coach will bite us in the ass one day,, it almost did with the smith and manning fiasco
Share 49ersWebzone