There are 163 users in the forums

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
still, if he is hurt now the 3 game suspension doesnt allow him to help us now

Man, I'm not even sure he's actually got anything physically wrong with him now. Crazy reports are crazy.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
You guys worry about this slap in the face crap, its a business. The money was better used in savings because we now have a serious cap problem. People love guys like him...Snyder, ronnie fields, MRob, Spencer...medicore players who some fight tooth and nail to keep.

It's fine to trash players and I'm all for it, but who do you REPLACE them with?

For example, which player would you rather have, Snyder or Rachal? I certainly would rather have Snyder.

In the case of Snyder and rachal, neither. Sometimes you look for better players not on the roster. Parys is expensive and not worth the cost, and in all of my mocks I had olb being a high pick....and had us drafting two.

So you're saying you suck at mock drafts or are you saying you know more than Baalke and company?
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
You guys worry about this slap in the face crap, its a business. The money was better used in savings because we now have a serious cap problem. People love guys like him...Snyder, ronnie fields, MRob, Spencer...medicore players who some fight tooth and nail to keep.

It's fine to trash players and I'm all for it, but who do you REPLACE them with?

For example, which player would you rather have, Snyder or Rachal? I certainly would rather have Snyder.

In the case of Snyder and rachal, neither. Sometimes you look for better players not on the roster. Parys is expensive and not worth the cost, and in all of my mocks I had olb being a high pick....and had us drafting two.

So you're saying you suck at mock drafts or are you saying you know more than Baalke and company?

we drafted 2 didnt we? and had us going after Bruce Irvin who Baalke was eyeballing.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Sep 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nobody got cut due to the fact the deal was announced after hours, per league rules. Haggans is good insurance...plenty of experience in NFC West. IF he gets suspended, it'll be for just 3 games. By then, Haralson should be fine.

he might go on IR

That's pure speculation for now.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest Not a bad fallback. RT: @mattbarrows: The 49ers have signed Clark Haggans to a 1-year deal and placed Parys Haralson on injured reserve.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Nobody got cut due to the fact the deal was announced after hours, per league rules. Haggans is good insurance...plenty of experience in NFC West. IF he gets suspended, it'll be for just 3 games. By then, Haralson should be fine.

he might go on IR

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest Not a bad fallback. RT: @mattbarrows: The 49ers have signed Clark Haggans to a 1-year deal and placed Parys Haralson on injured reserve.
now we need another outside linebacker. we have 3, two are hurt and one could be suspended,, this is not good
Originally posted by cciowa:

he might go on IR

now we need another outside linebacker. we have 3, two are hurt and one could be suspended,, this is not good

agree......people get upset when you question Baalke but we are in a bad spot right now
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

he might go on IR

Whaaaaaaaat!!!!

Man, I wasn't a fan of Haralson starting, but I've always said he makes a solid bench player. Pretty big loss if its true.

nevermind its true I just seen the front page.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Sep 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

he might go on IR

Whaaaaaaaat!!!!

Man, I wasn't a fan of Haralson starting, but I've always said he makes a solid bench player. Pretty big loss if its true.

riddle me this...why sign a guy to replace a player going to IR, when he could have a 3 game suspension to start the season?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
riddle me this...why sign a guy to replace a player going to IR, when he could have a 3 game suspension to start the season?

that was in the back of my mind as well,, i know it is against the law to second guess the coach and front office around here but to me,,, this is the question no one wants to look at

that was in the back of my mind as well,, i know it is against the law to second guess the coach and front office around here but to me,,, this is the question no one wants to look at

Perhaps they think he might escape league discipline. At least I hope so but we may not be that lucky

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers knew about Haralson's injury before releasing Bakhtiari, Alama-Francis, et al... @MAL1GAYA Any chance the #49ers sign bakhtiari?

he might go on IR

agree......people get upset when you question Baalke but we are in a bad spot right now

We drafted 2 backers that got injured whereas we already had 3 quality OLBs then all 3 of them got injured during preseason and now we got 1 rookie and 1 vet on IR so we got another vet to start the season with. I am not sure what more Baalke could do but injuries happen. They are inevitable

The 3 game suspension is all speculation. Britt is a repeat offender and he only got one game.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
The 3 game suspension is all speculation. Britt is a repeat offender he only got one game.

This.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers knew about Haralson's injury before releasing Bakhtiari, Alama-Francis, et al... @MAL1GAYA Any chance the #49ers sign bakhtiari?

The question is are any of these players good enough to bump another player off the 53
Share 49ersWebzone