LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone know who we cut for Haggans yet? I was at work all day today and missed out.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Although a deal has been struck, I don't think it is signed yet. What is the time table rule for having to cut a player after signing another? This guy has a discipline hearing, so each he gets any suspension, the 49ers will be without his services, so the niners still would be in a quandry if something happens.

As for who the niners cut, I also don't get what the talk is about Dobbs cutting cut, not only is he valuable for his versatility, he has shown talent, it is just that Smith is in front of him. Celek well if we need a tight end and he gets picked up elsewhere well there are other options.

Who gives a you know what wild bill. The final 8 that are not active are like PS players anyways. The team needs OLB depth, trush harbaugh et al.,
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i jizzed myself.

Technically, I think your father jizzed yourself.
Haggans, 35, started all 16 games at left outside linebacker for the Arizona Cardinals last season. The 49ers kept three outside linebackers -- Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks and Parys Haralson -- on Friday as part of their cuts to 53 players.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-finalize-deal-with-Haggans?blockID=767113&feedID=5936

Whoa....Dude is ancient!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Haggans, 35, started all 16 games at left outside linebacker for the Arizona Cardinals last season. The 49ers kept three outside linebackers -- Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks and Parys Haralson -- on Friday as part of their cuts to 53 players.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-finalize-deal-with-Haggans?blockID=767113&feedID=5936

Whoa....Dude is ancient!

You just now realized how old he is?

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by jreff22:
You guys worry about this slap in the face crap, its a business. The money was better used in savings because we now have a serious cap problem. People love guys like him...Snyder, ronnie fields, MRob, Spencer...medicore players who some fight tooth and nail to keep.

It's fine to trash players and I'm all for it, but who do you REPLACE them with?

For example, which player would you rather have, Snyder or Rachal? I certainly would rather have Snyder.

In the case of Snyder and rachal, neither. Sometimes you look for better players not on the roster. Parys is expensive and not worth the cost, and in all of my mocks I had olb being a high pick....and had us drafting two.
Anyone know who got cut?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Anyone know who got cut?

Rumor is Haralson's mystery injury is serious enough to put him on Injured Reserve.

But if that is not true we will not know who got the axe until the move is officially announced which likely wont happen until later today or possibly even tomorrow.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Anyone know who got cut?

No, not yet. They may be determining if Haralson is going to IR.
Nobody got cut due to the fact the deal was announced after hours, per league rules. Haggans is good insurance...plenty of experience in NFC West. IF he gets suspended, it'll be for just 3 games. By then, Haralson should be fine.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nobody got cut due to the fact the deal was announced after hours, per league rules. Haggans is good insurance...plenty of experience in NFC West. IF he gets suspended, it'll be for just 3 games. By then, Haralson should be fine.

he might go on IR
[ Edited by jreff22 on Sep 3, 2012 at 9:08 AM ]

he might go on IR

That's pure speculation for now.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Curious that they felt the need to go get a vet. I fear this injury to Haralson is worse than originally feared. Maybe not IR, but with a potential 3-game suspension looming the team was looking past week 3.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oscar:
Curious that they felt the need to go get a vet. I fear this injury to Haralson is worse than originally feared. Maybe not IR, but with a potential 3-game suspension looming the team was looking past week 3.

I have no idea what's going on.... There's some very strange reports in twitter land.

It's a mystery.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

he might go on IR

That's pure speculation for now.

still, if he is hurt now the 3 game suspension doesnt allow him to help us now
Share 49ersWebzone