LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Debunking the "tough" schedule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Saints, Pats, Lions, Packers, Giants... yeah that's a bit tougher bro-ham. That's 5 playoff teams, all top-10 in the league.

Bears & Seahawks at Century Link aren't a walk in the park either.

Compare that to Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Ravens, & Steelers... I'll take last year's schedule in a heartbeat.

you wouldn't have said that at the start of last season. Everyone thought the schedule was too tough and look how the 49ers did. Every year is different and teams change. Everyone was all on the jock of the Eagles and the NFC east and that division bombed.
its tougher imo because we face more pass oriented teams (good pass oriented teams at that)
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
Yes but like I said, this schedule for the 2012 season has been known for years. What's the surprise? A 1st place schedule?? That's only a difference of 2 games, nothing else has changed. We knew we were going to play 14 of these games a long time ago regardless if if we went 16-0 or 0-16

I really don't see what point you're trying to make here. Why would it matter if we knew most of our schedule before hand? The only thing that matters is whether or not the 2012 schedule looks tougher than the 2011 schedule (and it does).
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Listen n00b,

It IS a tough schedule. Patriots, Saints, Packers, Bears, Giants, Lions.

Saints we beat once we can again plus they will be without SP and without Vilma, Lions we beat, Giants we went 1-1 and really should have been 2-0, NE is beatable remember how easy their schedule was how many "winning" teams did they beat last year? Bears aren't any tougher then any other team on the schedule.
[ Edited by kingairta on Aug 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
i talked to rich eisen

he says all the schedules in the NFL are tough...

its the NFL
Would Bill Walsh have cared who was on the schedule? Eff no. The opponent was nameless and faceless. The 49ers' job was, and is, to destroy them in a merciless and businesslike fashion.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
i talked to rich eisen

he says all the schedules in the NFL are tough...

its the NFL

Did you bask in his glow?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Would Bill Walsh have cared who was on the schedule? Eff no. The opponent was nameless and faceless. The 49ers' job was, and is, to destroy them in a merciless and businesslike fashion.

Unless they are in Baltimore on a short week.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

i got to work with him
Tough schedule?...the 49ers are in the NFC West!

Originally posted by DirtyP:
Listen n00b,

The Bears blow

right..and frank gore still has breakaway speed...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

i got to work with him

Sweet! Is he the same off air as he is on?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Listen n00b,

The Bears blow

right..and frank gore still has breakaway speed...

Well, he was tied for third in the NFL in runs over 20 yards and fourth in runs over 40 yards last season.

• Garce
  • Veteran

he was tired as f**k
i had to drive him to the airport - he was kind of cranky
but the dude is really cordial overall, nice guy and comes across as very smart.

i kept wondering why the F is this guy in sports and not something more relative.
HE SHOULD BE HELPING THE WORLD hahaha

edit: no im not a limo driver.... it was for a show called the great escape, which he hosted.
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

he was tired as f**k
i had to drive him to the airport - he was kind of cranky
but the dude is really cordial overall, nice guy and comes across as very smart.

i kept wondering why the F is this guy in sports and not something more relative.
HE SHOULD BE HELPING THE WORLD hahaha

edit: no im not a limo driver.... it was for a show called the great escape, which he hosted.

That's cool, man! I'm jelly!

Glad to hear he's not totally fake. I didn't think he was, but after seeing so many behind the scenes clips of guys like Berman flipping out I was curious.

I really like Eisen. He just comes across like such a regular dude in a business full of stiffs and divas.

He is helping the world. We need entertainment to keep our brains healthy. It's science!

Sounds like you have a cool job.
Share 49ersWebzone