There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would Peyton have been a better fit than Alex?

When B can't hold A's jockstrap, it's an easy choice.
Originally posted by strickac:
When B can't hold A's jockstrap, it's an easy choice.

But when A kills our cap, it's an even easier choice.
Alex Smith is Best....Why? Because He's with the Niners and Manning went to Denver
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Wow. Talk about a nuclear thread.

started by the mods who always lecture us humanoids about not starting threads that will incite and divide

What better way to trim the fat than to start a thread like this.
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Alex Smith is Best....Why? Because He's with the Niners and Manning went to Denver

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I don't think there's even a question about this. Manning is one of the greatest of the all time.

Yeah it's true.. i am a big fans of P.Manning because he is best offense and good everythings weapson for scores.. He is best for QB in History!
nope.
Talk about putting out the fire with gasoline. Peyton would have been a better fit IMO.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Aug 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:
My only worry would have been:

Denver O-line > 49ers O-line

I still worry about pass protection.

Other than that... Peyton is just a better QB than Alex. I think that's something we can all agree on.

I guess there's the money issue, too. Lulz.

This. Who WOULDN'T take a healthy Manning over any QB in the league? But from Manning's perspective, coming off a major neck surgery, it starts with his protection and that ain't us! Manning would LITERALLY be decapitated behind our OL. Aside from that, we were better in every category top to bottom and we saw how much more depth we have over them as well. I'm sure it was a hard decision either way...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
My only worry would have been:

Denver O-line > 49ers O-line

I still worry about pass protection.

Other than that... Peyton is just a better QB than Alex. I think that's something we can all agree on.

I guess there's the money issue, too. Lulz.

This. Who WOULDN'T take a healthy Manning over any QB in the league? But from Manning's perspective, coming off a major neck surgery, it starts with his protection and that ain't us! Manning would LITERALLY be decapitated behind our OL. Aside from that, we were better in every category top to bottom and we saw how much more depth we have over them as well. I'm sure it was a hard decision either way...

Oldman9er had it right! There were just too many drawbacks to P Manning...Cost to cap, injury, rapport with HC, age. A young P Manning would be a totally different story, or if the 9ers just wanted to take a wild shot, all cards on the table, for one year...then maybe. But they are trying to build a long term winner and Manning's salary would have really had a negative impact.
Ok, this should be ez. Would peyton have been a better fit than alex if he would have accepted the same contract as alex?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
A mod made this thread?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Yeah it's true.. i am a big fans of P.Manning because he is best offense and good everythings weapson for scores.. He is best for QB in History!

Manning is best QB in history? Blasphemy. You're on a 49ers fan site.

Seriously though, Montana's performances in the big games should allow him to claim the top spot, and Brady with 5 SB appearances might give Manning very stiff competition for the second spot.
Alex.
I got the feeling ,that with are going to rely in the running game and field goals again....... I haven't seen a better AS than last year..we did upgrade WRs corps .but not QB...QB...is the missing part in niners...otherwise....why would JH flirt with manning if the team had their QB already?,,,,,,yes manning would have taking us to promise land....
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home