There are 156 users in the forums

Webzoners Final 53 Man Rosters

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
We're gonna need at least 5 corners against GB..........

Have you EVER seen 5 corners on the field at the same time? We wouldnt need more than Rogers, Brown. Culliver, Cox, Goldson, and Whitner on the field.

Like I said though if a good corner or safety is cut from another team we may get one. If Harbaugh wants to keep Brock then either Ian Williams or Bakhtiari will be cut.

Didnt say on field at same time.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I think we should go 2 QB's and dump the almighty Tolzien. This will add a 5th CB to the team, I think its dumb to go 4 cb's especially with safeties Colin Jones and trenton robinson not really even capable of playing on starting D. Also, I prefer anthony dixon over Rock Cart but I can see if others would rather have it the other way.

QB's: (2)

Alex Smith
Colin Kaepernick

RB: (6)

Frank Gore
Kendal Hunter
Brandon Jacobs
LaMichael James
Boobie Dixon
Bruce Miller

WR: (6)

Michael Crabtree
Randy Moss
Mario Manningham
Kyle Williams
AJ Jenkins
Ted Ginn

TE: (3)

Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Konrad Reuland

OL: (8)

Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Jonathan Goodwinn
Alex Boone
Anthony Davis
Leonard Davis
Daniel Kilgore
Joe Looney

DL: (7)

Justin Smith
Isaac Sopoaga
Ray McDonald
Will Tukuafu
Ricky Jean Francois
Demarcus Dobbs
Ian Williams

LB: (8)

Aldon Smith
Patrick Willis
NoVorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Parys Haralson
Larry Grant
Tavares Gooden
Erik Bakhtiari

CB: (5)

Carlos Rogers
Tarrel Brown
Chris Culliver
Perrish Cox
Tramaine Brock

S: (5)

Dashon Goldson
Donte Whitner
CJ Spillman
Colin Jones
Trenton Robinson

ST: (3)

David Akers
Andy Lee
Brian Jennings
  • mod
  • Veteran
I wouldnt be opposed to dumping either gooden or bahktiari for McBath
I will doubt we have room on the team for Tukuafu
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I agree. He would have to bring something special at the FB position. But with Soap taking some snaps at FB, his usefulness starts to wane. I also wouldn't be surprised if another team picked him up. He has talent, but he is the 7th best D-lineman on our team, and I see us only carrying 6. Ian Williams has more value as a pure NT, which don't grow on trees.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Dixon will make it over Cartwright.

hope not
no he will not,, also stop with the fragile ginn blather, he has missed a few games in five years,,, jesus
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I agree. He would have to bring something special at the FB position. But with Soap taking some snaps at FB, his usefulness starts to wane. I also wouldn't be surprised if another team picked him up. He has talent, but he is the 7th best D-lineman on our team, and I see us only carrying 6. Ian Williams has more value as a pure NT, which don't grow on trees.

I think Tukuafu is our best backup DL. I like RJF but I think Tukuafu is the better player. He will make it before Dobbs and Williams do.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the rock will make it over dixon,,,, and please stop with the fragile ginn blather. he has missed a few games in five years, sheesh
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I think Tukuafu is our best backup DL. I like RJF but I think Tukuafu is the better player. He will make it before Dobbs and Williams do.

I disagree, Ricky J is our best backup. Ian Williams has outplayed Will in TC and the preseason
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'm leaning toward either cutting or training Ted Ginn. Too many injuries too often. This would allow the team to protect Owusu or Palmer on the 53.

7 WR's on a team that uses a lot of 2 TE sets...?
Subtracting 1 and adding 1 leaves you with the same number.
For instance: 6-1+1=6

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Dixon will surely make it over Cartwright! Your the 1st to hear it right here! Josh Johnson will make it over Tolzien...

Dixon, yes.

and Tolzien is not going anywhere
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Dixon will surely make it over Cartwright! Your the 1st to hear it right here! Josh Johnson will make it over Tolzien...

Dixon, yes.

anybody who says otherwise is fooling themselves IMO, they have the cartwright blinders on.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Dixon, yes.

anybody who says otherwise is fooling themselves IMO, they have the cartwright blinders on.

Meh, Cartwright has looked good all preseason. Dixon has had one good game. Im fine with either one, Im also fine with both getting cut.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Dixon, yes.

Meh, Cartwright has looked good all preseason. Dixon has had one good game. Im fine with either one, Im also fine with both getting cut.

lol Rock has been dead average in games 2 and 3
lol Rock has been dead average in games 2 and 3

And Dixon was even less than that in games 1 and 2. I HOPE that Dixon can play great on Thursday and stick around but Cartwright is and always has been the better running back.
Share 49ersWebzone