LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 385 users in the forums

WHY I AM NOT TRIPPIN... YET

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I ain't trippin because we haven't seen any "LET IT ROLL, LET IT ROLL" from Alex Smith yet.

Actually, he did...and the Broncos were all over it.

Agreed. Not sure where all this vanilla talk is coming from either. This was one of the most creative games I've seen by Roman (and it didn't work much esp. on 1st downs and passing plays).
Originally posted by 99problems:
also saw a "real play" the play where like 5 different players went in motion, then hit crabs on the slant. he slips but still makes the catch for about 10 yds.

ya to me it seems like they try a creative play per drive then go vanilla offense
Why I am not trippin... PART 2

49ers vs. Texas 3rd preseason game -- 2011

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011082756/2011/PRE3/texans@49ers#menu=highlights&tab=recap
Greg roman was on KNBR this morning and was asked about Vernon's TD. he said, "we don't like to show too much in the preseason but at that time WE FELT COMPELLED to run that play".

this kinda reinforces what the OP says. Denver tries to get cute and harbaugh puts that s**t to rest with one play.

not scurred.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Greg roman was on KNBR this morning and was asked about Vernon's TD. he said, "we don't like to show too much in the preseason but at that time WE FELT COMPELLED to run that play".

this kinda reinforces what the OP says. Denver tries to get cute and harbaugh puts that s**t to rest with one play.

not scurred.

Harbaugh said the same thing

I think its extremelly clear how vanilla our coaching staff likes to be during preseason
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I ain't trippin because we haven't seen any "LET IT ROLL, LET IT ROLL" from Alex Smith yet.

Actually, he did...and the Broncos were all over it.

Agreed. Not sure where all this vanilla talk is coming from either. This was one of the most creative games I've seen by Roman (and it didn't work much esp. on 1st downs and passing plays).

It depends on your definition of "vanilla", I guess.

Let's wait and see what the offense looks like in the regular season after having a full offseason and being in the second year of the scheme.

You might just look back and think... "Yeah, that preseason was vanilla."

Share 49ersWebzone