There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Originally posted by kush:
Seriously, GreAT post bro.

What are ppl thinking, Taylor Mays should be proof that 2nd rounders are given EVERY chance to earn a job. Hell, Baalke refused to cut him loose purely because of his draft position and the fact that Trent didn't want to look like a fool.

/thread

Was Mays not cut the year after he was drafted? I believe
this post is Invalrod
Taylor Mays
CK
LaMic James

Baalke is on a streak of 2nd round busts.

If I remember correctly, sing put his foot down for mays. Baalke was not happy.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by kush:
Seriously, GreAT post bro.

What are ppl thinking, Taylor Mays should be proof that 2nd rounders are given EVERY chance to earn a job. Hell, Baalke refused to cut him loose purely because of his draft position and the fact that Trent didn't want to look like a fool.

/thread

Was Mays not cut the year after he was drafted? I believe
this post is Invalrod

Yeah, not to mention there were whispers up and down throughout management (his rookie here) that Mays was a 'b*****d Singletary pick', and it wasn't Baalke's fault he had to follow off of McCloughan's leftover draft board a mere month after Scot's office was pillaged! -Baalke was a 'temp' GM, couldn't do anything until he was a 'legit' GM (last season) to toss Taylor's ass onto the street.
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Points and int's are what matters for qbs. Keap is beating tolz ass against better compettion.

but...but..tolz iz better in the huddle lol

Watch out for the goderators now, I said that same thing the other day and almost got put on timeout because "I have a problem with people expressing their opinions"

Apparently, you learnt nothing from the experience. For the record:

You weren't almost put on a time out. I commented on a post of yours in-thread. You, unlike either of the above posters, clearly took exception to other posters opinions.

Calling the mods here goderators is childish. This place is moderated lightly. Anyway, if you don't like it, no one forces you to stay.
and "for the record" who are you to teach me anything??? maybe thats why I never learn, Hence the "goderator" remark,

Well, he's someone whom the creator of this community felt was fit to try to keep the peace around here and make this community better. Tell me, how do your rants against the staff and complaints about how mistreated you are do that?
Originally posted by susweel:
Taylor Mays
CK
LaMic James

Mays was not a Baalke choice, but a singletary choice. Also Mays was traded for a seventh rounder. Shows Baalke is not afraid to get rid of someone that is not wanted and has no potential.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
Mays was not a Baalke choice, but a singletary choice. Also Mays was traded for a seventh rounder. Shows Baalke is not afraid to get rid of someone that is not wanted and has no potential.
lots of people here were sucked in by mays cuz he hit hard and they had visions of ronnie lott the second. back to topic it is way to early to analyze james in my opinion. some people have him as a bust which is not logical given he has only played a little bit of pre season.. some people have him as third best running back and second or third best punt returner. i am sorry but he has shown nothing in this area to warrant that type of a crown. he was drafted high, he has somewhat of a long leash and hopefully his ankle is ok so he can play in the last two games and show us and the coaches what he has
Taylor Mays
CK
LaMic James

It's all speculation nobody knows for sure.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I doubt he wins any games. He stares down his WR's, is inaccurate with almost every throw, throws late, reads the field badly, reads the field late for the play and is an interception return for a TD waiting to happen.

Its amazing how when you lock into a mindset, it is closed no matter what happens. Even when it comes to the draft, you are adamnant that the niners F.O. is wrong for not doing things your way.

While I agree he has on occassion stared down a receiver, but common he doesn't do it on everyplay. Neither is almost every throw in accurate or late otherwise we wouldn't have any completions. And had only two throws that were almost intercepted, but bottom line weren't. Show me a QB that this isn't true for in any game, including Bress and Brady, they always have throws that are almost intercepted or late. He had great throws that were dropped by the wr, the last being by Moss.

The only thing about CK is that he looks ugly delivering his throws. I believe JH can mold him into a winner, his motion maybe ugly, but if he wins and gets the score, that is fine with me, Larry Bird's play looked ugly compared to Magic Johnson's poetic movements but it got the job done.
It's all speculation nobody knows for sure.

Perhaps-but the video they once showed of the blowup during the draft, sure didn't seem that way, nor did some reporters who quoted insiders.
CK has not yet proven anything
Originally posted by cciowa:
lots of people here were sucked in by mays cuz he hit hard and they had visions of ronnie lott the second. back to topic it is way to early to analyze james in my opinion. some people have him as a bust which is not logical given he has only played a little bit of pre season.. some people have him as third best running back and second or third best punt returner. i am sorry but he has shown nothing in this area to warrant that type of a crown. he was drafted high, he has somewhat of a long leash and hopefully his ankle is ok so he can play in the last two games and show us and the coaches what he has

LMJ is playing catchup, remember, he couldn't join the team till after his schools graduation had been had, a stupid rule if you ask me.One he doesn't have to think and just do, then he should be able to show more.

LMJ is playing catchup, remember, he couldn't join the team till after his schools graduation had been had, a stupid rule if you ask me.One he doesn't have to think and just do, then he should be able to show more.

Hunter had no off season at all last year and came in and tore it up in the pre season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Hunter had no off season at all last year and came in and tore it up in the pre season.
susweet is right. and unlike korey sheets, hunter actually carried his good play over into the regular season
Taylor Mays
CK
LaMic James

Taylor mays was Sings pick... Lets try to remember that, i do cause he looks pissed off and sing was happy, sing leaves, so did mays. Also CK looks good, wtf guys this is his first whole offseason, he came from a pistol offense, but he showed he could step up and win the big games, first time nevada ever beat boise state. Second Texas Played there starters until the 3rd quarter, we played alex for one series, an colin made some good throws like the back shoulder to randy moss that he didn't catch, I have never seen alex ever do that. He almost got picked 2 times, once was the refs mistake, once was his not seeing the saftey, on the plus side he throws so hard defense back can't catch it, he made good choices an had severaly catchable passes drop. We wait 7 years for alex, why is everyone jumping to right him off so quickly... I trust Jim choice in qb's, not your's. Your the same people that question aldon smith, an a 7th round defense end starting at full back, yeah those guy were a bust. Your doing it with jenkins, your doing it with james, im tired of the fans negative point of view, some of you need to get on medications, and look at life in a positive light.

An as far as hunter, he was a steal like Gore, I live in oklahoma an watch osu games, he was way underated because of his size, but he's got great vision and he likes to go up the middle, but can bounce outside an was great in picking up the blitz in college, Like Jerry Rice, some players just get over look there too small, to slow, blah blah blah, but they have heart....
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:03 PM ]