LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon vs Rock Cartwright

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I'll take boobie over rock

I think we can all agree that Boobies Rock...
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Dixon screwed up his opportunities. He couldn't make a 1 yard gain when it was needed. That is the only reason Dixon would even be considered. Dixon is gone.

this just pisses me off beyond belief. Did you even watch the play? The first 4th and short he converts just fine but no one cares. The 2nd 4th and short if you watch the play he had no where to go. As the play unfolded the Texan lineman penatrated the gap only to be blocked by the 49er lineman. Well behind the Texan was 2 other Texans just chilling waiting on Dixon to make his move. THERE WAS NO PLACE FOR DIXON TO GO!!! WALTER PAYTON, JIM BROWN, BARRY SANDERS and Roc Cartwright would have all been tackled the same way.

Roc performed better in the first preseason game
Dixon performormed better in the 2nd game

Roc has a slighter edge bc of his special teams skills.

i swear most who post here do not watch these games...they are either distracted or worried about their fantasy teams or just for whatever reason don't pay attention....i don't wear my love for my team on my sleave, but i damn sure try to pay attention to every detail i can regarding my team and the game itself...but you have folks who wear 9er gear all over or have s**t all over their car, yet quickly say that someone on the team "sux" as if they are paying attention to what is going on.....but of course, these types of fans are themost vocal.....they try to prove fanness by giving their opinions(bashing] with no merrit.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM ]
Dixon screwed up his opportunities. He couldn't make a 1 yard gain when it was needed. That is the only reason Dixon would even be considered. Dixon is gone.

this just pisses me off beyond belief. Did you even watch the play? The first 4th and short he converts just fine but no one cares. The 2nd 4th and short if you watch the play he had no where to go. As the play unfolded the Texan lineman penatrated the gap only to be blocked by the 49er lineman. Well behind the Texan was 2 other Texans just chilling waiting on Dixon to make his move. THERE WAS NO PLACE FOR DIXON TO GO!!! WALTER PAYTON, JIM BROWN, BARRY SANDERS and Roc Cartwright would have all been tackled the same way.

Need we say more, he loves being in the NFL for the celeb factor he just can''t play, only tweet.

Cus I'm the Fireman u hear the Firetrucks!
by Anthony Dixon on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:47:42

The young heart attack I spit that cardiac Uhhhh Yep!
by Anthony Dixon on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:41:31

Fishing in the right pond,I hope they catching on to every line!
by Anthony Dixon on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:39:09
Cut both?
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM ]
Nice knowing you Dix.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
if cartwright is soooo important for special teams and can be a good running back..why the hell would the raiders let him walk? especiaclly after they lost their backup running back to the bears....wouldn't it be that more important to keep him? again especially with a new coaching staff that would want "strong vet leadership" like some spew around here?

this is what I am saying, you guys treat Rock like he is a 4 time probowler. He signed a 1yr deal and all he can do is play ST. He is as valuable as Colin Jones is lol
Originally posted by bassmanr:

Need we say more, he loves being in the NFL for the celeb factor he just can''t play, only tweet.

Cus I'm the Fireman u hear the Firetrucks!
by Anthony Dixon on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:47:42

The young heart attack I spit that cardiac Uhhhh Yep!
by Anthony Dixon on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:41:31

Fishing in the right pond,I hope they catching on to every line!
by Anthony Dixon on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:39:09

who gives a f*ck about his tweets???
dix is probably done unless he can play ST like rock. even if we kept bobie he wouldnt see but 20-60 carries this year anyways. he really hasnt demonstrated that hes an effective running back. lk for him to get the hook in a couple of weeks :(
For all his size, Dixon just doesn't get how to hit the hole. Rock's not as big, but is a ST demon and has shown he can still carry the ball if need be. I'd cut Dixon and keep Rock.
Titty Dixon cant even get 1 yard if his life actually depended on it. He has a colorful personality though he should just be our mascot. The man under sourdough Sam costume

Dixon...if the raiders didn't want him. Than I sure don't .
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
if cartwright is soooo important for special teams and can be a good running back..why the hell would the raiders let him walk? especiaclly after they lost their backup running back to the bears....wouldn't it be that more important to keep him? again especially with a new coaching staff that would want "strong vet leadership" like some spew around here?

this is what I am saying, you guys treat Rock like he is a 4 time probowler. He signed a 1yr deal and all he can do is play ST. He is as valuable as Colin Jones is lol

Is was obviously Rock's choice to leave Oakland. He is highly respected around the league as a ST Ace, and has been doing it for years. I love Jones, but it was 1 season, I'll take the consistent Rock over a 1yr guy. At least Rock can play RB, Jones doesn't seem to have grasped playing Safety.

I hate when people say "lets just stick a rookie back there" either on ST Ace or as a Returner just to save a roster spot, when these guys like Rock and Ginn are among the top 53 players, which is what you try to have, best 53, not best 46 and then some young rookies who probably won't help or play.

As for Dixon, he is useless, he can't gain any yards, and looks clueless on the field.

Guys like Rock, Gooden, and Leonard Davis all signed vet minimum deals that only count $540K against the cap, so it's not killing the cap, if they are among the top 53, which IMO they are, then you keep them.
  • THEB
  • Veteran

I do, and you should.

When every other 49er that i follow posts things like "Just got a good workout in, got my mind right, ready to go!" and Boobie is posting wack ass rap lyrics, theres something off.
Originally posted by THEB:

I do, and you should.

When every other 49er that i follow posts things like "Just got a good workout in, got my mind right, ready to go!" and Boobie is posting wack ass rap lyrics, theres something off.

Assuming you can tell about a persons character and work ethic from twitter is the only thing "off" IMO.
Originally posted by THEB:
I do, and you should.

^^^Plus 1. I agree. His tweets offend me and Lamicheal James tweets aren't to far off either
[ Edited by CripplinYaStyle on Aug 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone