LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon vs Rock Cartwright

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
i say we convert him to a Linebacker...he seems to have the mindset for it
Originally posted by cciowa:
rock will not be cut, he will named capt of the special teams. he has more and better intangibles than dixon. rock is focused on the team and the game and not on tweeting.dixon will be one of the last people cut but he will be cut, rock will stay and on the week before green bay will be named captain of special teams

Agreed. Rock can actually run too. They are both studs on ST but Rock has "captain" status. And should Hunter/James/Jacobs go down, I'd feel comfortable with Rock running it (much more natural). And as far as FB goes, we have plenty of TE's in VD, Walker, Dobbs, etc. should Miller ever go down.
I like big Dix
Dixon screwed up his opportunities. He couldn't make a 1 yard gain when it was needed. That is the only reason Dixon would even be considered. Dixon is gone.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Dixon only makes this team if there is an injury.

There are too many position where the Niners would like to keep an extra guy (WR, Safety) for the Niners to keep a 5th HB, even if he can play FB. Hell, the Niners probably would like to keep Reuland at TE as well but may be stuck.

with the injuries to Jacobs and James, I believe Dixon will have plenty of playing time in the final 2 games to shine and outplay Rock IMO.
he will have plenty of chances but he will not take advantage of them in my opinion

Agreed.
this is not a competition between dixon and rock, no matter what rock will make the team as a speacial teamer. not sure how dixon will fair. i certainly hope he pans out and makes something of himself because we did draft him. i just think this is another one of those cases where just because he played in the vaunted sec and did alright that we consider him a steal in the 6th round, where as if he put up similar numbers in any other conference we could have signed him as an undrafted free agent.
Dixon is a waste of roster space CUT HIM ASAP
alot of people in this thread sure don't know what they are talking about. the webzone hive mind is on full throttle. come game 1, alot of people will be scratching their heads wondering bu bu but i thought bla bla. cartwright dropped a sure 1st down pass and was ineffective running the ball in his last performance...dixon widely out played him. another performance like that, and cart will not make the team.
if cartwright is soooo important for special teams and can be a good running back..why the hell would the raiders let him walk? especiaclly after they lost their backup running back to the bears....wouldn't it be that more important to keep him? again especially with a new coaching staff that would want "strong vet leadership" like some spew around here?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
alot of people in this thread sure don't know what they are talking about. the webzone hive mind is on full throttle. come game 1, alot of people will be scratching their heads wondering bu bu but i thought bla bla. cartwright dropped a sure 1st down pass and was ineffective running the ball in his last performance...dixon widely out played him. another performance like that, and cart will not make the team.

Cartwright was brought in specifically for special teams. 10 total carries and maybe 1 pass his way the entire year. he will have more special teams takles than he does carries. why does everyone think he is battling dixon for a running back spot? i get that they will list him as a halfback but he is replacing blake costanzo for special teams. what else is there to know or to think or read into him getting carries. i mean good lord hes 32, you think we brought him here to run the ball with knowing hes a 32 year old running back?

Originally posted by Afrikan:
if cartwright is soooo important for special teams and can be a good running back..why the hell would the raiders let him walk? especiaclly after they lost their backup running back to the bears....wouldn't it be that more important to keep him? again especially with a new coaching staff that would want "strong vet leadership" like some spew around here?

we let costanzo walk and he was a big part of why we were so good on ST. the reason is is that these guys are on every team, every practice squad, its up to the coaching to motivate them into that type of a role.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Dixon screwed up his opportunities. He couldn't make a 1 yard gain when it was needed. That is the only reason Dixon would even be considered. Dixon is gone.

this just pisses me off beyond belief. Did you even watch the play? The first 4th and short he converts just fine but no one cares. The 2nd 4th and short if you watch the play he had no where to go. As the play unfolded the Texan lineman penatrated the gap only to be blocked by the 49er lineman. Well behind the Texan was 2 other Texans just chilling waiting on Dixon to make his move. THERE WAS NO PLACE FOR DIXON TO GO!!! WALTER PAYTON, JIM BROWN, BARRY SANDERS and Roc Cartwright would have all been tackled the same way.

Roc performed better in the first preseason game
Dixon performormed better in the 2nd game

Roc has a slighter edge bc of his special teams skills.
Not sure what happened to Dix. He ran very well his rookie preseason and not to bad when called on during the regular season, but since then, I have noticed his tip toes through the line trying to bounce outside instead of hitting the hole and going forward. I haven't followed Rock much, but at least he hits the hole and he has few more things to offer as a player. Between Rock and Dix, I choose Rock; and more than likely Dix will be with the Seahawks. :)
Rock!
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'll take boobie over rock
Share 49ersWebzone