Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 1,018 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon vs Rock Cartwright

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,829
so long Dixon. Hope you find a home.
bet if he werent twittering all day he would be a lock! Heard Harbaugh say the other day that he hates twitter...... lol
With that being said i do think it will be hard for harbaugh to let him go considering how much work the guy put in during the offseason.. he does look improved and i dont think anyone can say that cartwright did anything definitive to run away with the job... and if it comes down to special teams i would think you would take the younger guy... AD is certainly no slouch on special teams and you have gotta think that there is the possibillity for AD to improve wheras with cartwright you know what you have... It was ADs job to begin with and Cartwright didnt take it from him which is why i believe Harbs brought him in... plus AD can fill in at FB ... i say its AD... what has cartwright shown?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,143
Originally posted by sfout:
Dixon has rallied much like KW has. I would take Dixon over Cartwright because of age, size and familiarity with the scheme. Were talking about who we want as the #4RB for christ sake, we might as well go with the young player if there is barely a different between them in terms of how often we'd use them.
I was ready to flush Dixon down the toilet till I saw him yesterday. Early he was doing the same dancing crap behind the line, then he stopped and starting hitting the holes aggressively and had some nice runs. He looked like he has potential.
I think Dixon has won a spot over Cartwright. What are we using Rock for? Just special teams. Dix can fill that role, and play some RB/FB when needed. Plus younger
Dix def outplayed Rock last night
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
I think Dixon has won a spot over Cartwright. What are we using Rock for? Just special teams. Dix can fill that role, and play some RB/FB when needed. Plus younger

This! I believe, now, that Dixon has surpassed Cartwright because Dixon can and has played FB just in case something happens to Miller. Versatility will get you a job if you're in a back-up role in O and D and primary in ST. That's Dixon!

If Dixon gets cut, it will be on the final one, not this one. Next game will be the determining factor since Jacobs and James have been out and may be for the next one as a precaution. Therefore the bulk will be ran by Dixon and Cartwright.

I am hoping for Dixon as I love his energy especially on ST.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
I think Dixon has won a spot over Cartwright. What are we using Rock for? Just special teams. Dix can fill that role, and play some RB/FB when needed. Plus younger

This! I believe, now, that Dixon has surpassed Cartwright because Dixon can and has played FB just in case something happens to Miller. Versatility will get you a job if you're in a back-up role in O and D and primary in ST. That's Dixon!

If Dixon gets cut, it will be on the final one, not this one. Next game will be the determining factor since Jacobs and James have been out and may be for the next one as a precaution. Therefore the bulk will be ran by Dixon and Cartwright.

I am hoping for Dixon as I love his energy especially on ST.

I suspect you are right. If it is between Dixon and Cartwright then Dixon will get the nod if he keeps playing like this. That said, we are talking about keeping 5 RBs on the roster? Even if you knock one off and call him a 2nd FB, that is a lot....especially when we are heavy at WR. We are thinner at safety...so that allows us one extra WR or Rb...but not both....unless we let a DT go as well and do not add a OLB.

I suppose this is a good problem to have.
BIG DIX!!
I think Rock makes the team, and Dixon gets to watch games from home this season. IF Dixon makes the team, we need to pass the hat raise some cash and buy that guy a chin strap...I am sick of seeing his helmet fly off after ever play!
Dixon is better than Cartwright.
dixon over cartwright.

if dixon is cut, someone is picking his ass up quick (seahawks or packers). he's not going to sit at home.

plus, my fantasy team is anthony dixonyourface!!! we have to keep him lol
lol at all the people who are butthurt over his tweets. You guys and your vaginas need to find something else to complain about.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Dixon is better than Cartwright.


finally some people rallying for his support
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Aug 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM ]
IMO , Cartwright gives us more options ...he is a standout special teams player , he is a servicable running back , and he can catch out of the backfield

Dixon has had more than enough time to get it right , one pre-season game isnt going to change my opinion , Just my two cents, but I think Rock is staying
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone