There are 162 users in the forums

Anyone else concerned

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
about the Oline

Been watching again... Anthony Davis is responsible for Alex getting hit twice... that's twice... in the first two pass plays and both from Barwin.

AD plays mean and nasty like you want... he's also pretty good on his run blocks... but man, this guy is gonna get our QB killed. I mean, it's no wonder we don't run more vertical plays.

All of my impressions from games are from a one time watch of games (so i can be totally off) but he gets beat to his inside shoulder too much. He's still a pup but that label will have run its course after this season or the next.

They all need to do better, EVERYBODY INVOLVED

They can do this..... GO NINERS !!!!!!!
Originally posted by THEB:
probably the exotic blitz packages they were bringing every single down alex played...

"Exotic blitz packages". Such as? Its not as if there are not ways to counter the blitz. Its almost as if some fans don't believe the QB has any control over his own performance.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Aug 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Not sure I see posts adding value to the thread here. But at least you are all boosting your post count.

Funny i get most of my post count on here just by doing a lot , ppl get alil freaked out on this forum waaaaaaayyyyy to easy lol, but i do love you f@ckers, thats why i read everyday

• THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
"Exotic blitz packages". Such as? Its not as if there are not ways to counter the blitz. Its almost as if some fans don't believe the QB has any control over his own performance.

you have to game plan for that type of situation. you cant just pick up a blitz without ever seeing film on them. our QB performed just fine. It was the Offenseive line that did poorly, and rightfully so. They didnt game plan for this game at all, period.

Stop overreacting.
Originally posted by fly15:
its not only schaub, its Cutler, Flynn, even Wilson, and others.... #11 is our starter, but man, just throw the ball more than 4 yrds

See and it just keeps on happening

Concerned with:
1. The refs
2. More drops of VERY catchable balls
3. Alex getting decapitated
4. Injuries (how long can we dodge this?)
5. OC/Solari - Texans had 7 sacks the previous game; hey Roman/Solari, what game were you preparing for? Remember the Saints game last year? We almost lost Alex to a season-ending injury in that game as well.
6. Coverage - there wasn't much again (bend but don't break at least)
7. Zero pass rush w/u Aldon/Brooks (even with J.Smith)
about the Oline

Been watching again... Anthony Davis is responsible for Alex getting hit twice... that's twice... in the first two pass plays and both from Barwin.

AD plays mean and nasty like you want... he's also pretty good on his run blocks... but man, this guy is gonna get our QB killed. I mean, it's no wonder we don't run more vertical plays.

He first one barwin beat him bad, right off the snap. And before AD could get back he was pushed down from behind. Either way I don't think he could have stopped barwin from laying a lick on Alex.

The second one though was pretty good protection. Alex had a decen pocket but no one was open. By the time Alex decided to tuck the ball it was too late. Alex needed to be a little bit faster on deciding what to do there, IMO. That was more of a coverage sack
about the Oline

But he's REAL quick to be the first one over there throwing a guy OFF Alex, isn't he? Get off Twitter and let's try to block a guy THROUGH the entire play so Alex doesn't get killed and can get comfortable throwing deep like Shaub did into double coverage and look good doing it. Big difference!
Nope way to early. Looking forward to GB game
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Houston was gunning for SF in a pre-season game like it was the superbowl because they are trying to fire themselves up.

SF was testing some things.

Big difference.

What led you to this conclusion?

Seriously. Seems that every 49er fan in here is brushing the game off because the Texans 'were out to get us', but thats just the huge bias on our side. Yes, they left there starters in for ONE more offensive series than us, and yes they made some big hits and tackles, but where in the hell did you guys get the idea that the Texans only wanted to win.

Maybe there were 'testing some things' as well and wanted to see their first time O get more reps. Maybe the 2nd string and 3rd string players wanted to make this team so gave it all they got. Just annoys me to see so many homers on here making such a ridiculous claim

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
about the Oline

He first one barwin beat him bad, right off the snap. And before AD could get back he was pushed down from behind. Either way I don't think he could have stopped barwin from laying a lick on Alex.

The second one though was pretty good protection. Alex had a decen pocket but no one was open. By the time Alex decided to tuck the ball it was too late. Alex needed to be a little bit faster on deciding what to do there, IMO. That was more of a coverage sack

On the first pass play where Alex got body slammed by Barwin (easily should have been a personal foul), AD stands his ground, but punches out.. basically giving Barwin an even better angle to run beyond him and right into Alex. Now here is the only thing, and it's important. It looks clear to me that the play was designed for Alex to take the snap and slide to his right... not a full rollout, but somewhat partial. Now if this is true? Then AD really f**ked up here. If this was Alex not dropping back in a straight line? Then it was "a rookie-type mistake" by him.

On the sack I am looking at (just making sure we are talking about the same play? The one at 6:22 1st quarter), I am a bit disappointed with Smith here. Boone was fine doing his zone block... maybe it was more ideal to take on the blitz LB instead of helping Goodwin. Hunter really blew his block quickly on Cushing... BUT... Smith really should have gotten the ball to the bottom WR (Mario on a curl route) or even better.. Crabtree over the middle on a slant.

It is plays like this that I can understand people's frustrations with Smith... but hey.. no one is as perfect as we want them to be. I think that body-slam from the first pass play may have shaken his confidence a bit... probably not his self-confidence, but the confidence in his OL.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Concerned about the oline, yeah. How do you take shots downfield when your QB is about to take a shot or taking a shot?

oh gawdd here we go.. So how the Oline that has what 3 - 4 first rounders is terrible... NFL Sirius always about how solid our oline is.. stop making excuses for alex smith. Wait till regular season. But i seriously dont think he has the vision personally.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Houston was gunning for SF in a pre-season game like it was the superbowl because they are trying to fire themselves up.

SF was testing some things.

Big difference.

What led you to this conclusion?

Seriously. Seems that every 49er fan in here is brushing the game off because the Texans 'were out to get us', but thats just the huge bias on our side. Yes, they left there starters in for ONE more offensive series than us, and yes they made some big hits and tackles, but where in the hell did you guys get the idea that the Texans only wanted to win.

Maybe there were 'testing some things' as well and wanted to see their first time O get more reps. Maybe the 2nd string and 3rd string players wanted to make this team so gave it all they got. Just annoys me to see so many homers on here making such a ridiculous claim

It's not that we didn't want to win, but we were clearly in practice mode. No exotic blitz packages, going for 4th downs inside the 30, less shifting presnap, no exotic offensive packages, limited snaps for several starters even when starters were playing....plus we have some preseason injuries that don't figure in long term.

This panic over a preseason loss in a game where we were holding our own just fine before pulling starters, and not giving it our all is just sad.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
about the Oline

On the first pass play where Alex got body slammed by Barwin (easily should have been a personal foul), AD stands his ground, but punches out.. basically giving Barwin an even better angle to run beyond him and right into Alex. Now here is the only thing, and it's important. It looks clear to me that the play was designed for Alex to take the snap and slide to his right... not a full rollout, but somewhat partial. Now if this is true? Then AD really f**ked up here. If this was Alex not dropping back in a straight line? Then it was "a rookie-type mistake" by him.

On the sack I am looking at (just making sure we are talking about the same play? The one at 6:22 1st quarter), I am a bit disappointed with Smith here. Boone was fine doing his zone block... maybe it was more ideal to take on the blitz LB instead of helping Goodwin. Hunter really blew his block quickly on Cushing... BUT... Smith really should have gotten the ball to the bottom WR (Mario on a curl route) or even better.. Crabtree over the middle on a slant.

It is plays like this that I can understand people's frustrations with Smith... but hey.. no one is as perfect as we want them to be. I think that body-slam from the first pass play may have shaken his confidence a bit... probably not his self-confidence, but the confidence in his OL.

Oh we are thinking of different plays. I was referring to the play in the first series @ 9:12

But I went back and checked out the play you were referring to. Yea hunter got taken to school by Cushing. And Boone was a little late peeling off to pick up Jemeson, but I can't be mad at him for that. That type of stuff is going to be his growing pains. Looked like Alex could have had KW on the slant. Dunno about Mario at the bottom though. All in all thst was a bad play all around lol
Originally posted by English:
Not sure I see posts adding value to the thread here. But at least you are all boosting your post count.

Does this put me on the fast track to becoming a mod... ?
Share 49ersWebzone