LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Anyone else concerned

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Preseason is when you play your pimp hand close to the vest, if at all. Besides, after the injuries to Jacobs and LMJ, I'm not too stoked about having our starters out there for too long.

Can't we ever use a preseason game to practice throwing deep. Take a chance and throw it ten times in a row. We and everybody else knows we have a running game, let's give them something else to think about.

Greenbay still will play the run and try to force Alex to throw, let's get ready
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the right answer. there is something to be said for posters who have all of thier little red boxes filled up

That they have a lot of free time on their hands... .

J/K

or that when they agree they post ........"this".... underneath another post like three or four times a day.
Truer words have never been spoken my friend.

This

Not sure I see posts adding value to the thread here. But at least you are all boosting your post count.
Originally posted by English:
Not sure I see posts adding value to the thread here. But at least you are all boosting your post count.

This ^
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the right answer. there is something to be said for posters who have all of thier little red boxes filled up

That they have a lot of free time on their hands... .

J/K

or that when they agree they post ........"this".... underneath another post like three or four times a day.
you guys are so easy
Originally posted by BayArea:
I agree but Alex could get rid of the ball a little quicker and also looks like he needs to work on his reads. Missing wide open receivers deep and instead hitting guys for very short gains.

I noticed right off the bat, Alex looks short first. Compare him to Schaub last night who was looking at deep routs first before bring in his looks. Maybe he realized he could do that with Brooks and Smith having the night off. Just an observation.
Don't have any red boxes filled but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Like many others here, I won't get worried about our offense until the actual season starts. A lot will change and I don't think teams like the Saints will be falling to the Jags or the Packers will be getting blown out by the Browns.
not concerned yet.. I'm more sick of the drops than the inaccuracy. I think we're still a run first team, but because teams cant stack the box now, it only enhances our running. If we need to spread out the field for a pass, we also have the talent for it too. I'm not worried at the moment because our run game actually looks BETTER than it was last year, and that should scare NFL teams. KH is a damn beast
I'm concerned about the injuries and the officiating.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Wait am I the only one who saw our first team offense move to the length of the field twice despite 2 penalties that went against us that shouldn't have ?

This. With the Texans playing as if it was the regular season, it's encouraging to see the offense moved the ball twice downfield close enough to score on both possessions using only vanilla plays. Had the offense been able to score TDs, it'd have been much better, but with Jacobs out, and Smith getting hit on almost every play, there was no point in trying too hard to win a meaningless game. Had Jacobs not been injured, I'm sure the 49ers offense would score TDs on both possessions.
Not even a little.

Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Wait am I the only one who saw our first team offense move to the length of the field twice despite 2 penalties that went against us that shouldn't have ?

This. With the Texans playing as if it was the regular season, it's encouraging to see the offense moved the ball twice downfield close enough to score on both possessions using only vanilla plays. Had the offense been able to score TDs, it'd have been much better, but with Jacobs out, and Smith getting hit on almost every play, there was no point in trying too hard to win a meaningless game. Had Jacobs not been injured, I'm sure the 49ers offense would score TDs on both possessions.

The plays seemed like the normal play book from last year...hopefully JH has more plays
Not concerned in the least with the New Orleans exhibition opener from last year still fresh in my mind.
ERMAHGERD!!!!!

Our offense had a bad game in their 2nd preseason, I'm worried and we need a change. I say we get Tebow for our Super bowl run. Jacobs and James are gone forever. Trade for TO. Ok, that should shore everything up.

vanilla bro.............V A N I L L A ! ! ! !
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Preseason is when you play your pimp hand close to the vest, if at all. Besides, after the injuries to Jacobs and LMJ, I'm not too stoked about having our starters out there for too long.

Can't we ever use a preseason game to practice throwing deep. Take a chance and throw it ten times in a row. We and everybody else knows we have a running game, let's give them something else to think about.

Greenbay still will play the run and try to force Alex to throw, let's get ready

If you hadn't noticed, Smith was hit constantly, including some rather nasty looking ones. I'm sure the coaching staff would have loved a few more long passes like the one Smith tried but Manningham was held (but not flagged), but after the Jacobs injury, I think Harbaugh just wanted Smith to finish the two drives in one piece.
Share 49ersWebzone