There are 266 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else concerned

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the right answer. there is something to be said for posters who have all of thier little red boxes filled up

That they have a lot of free time on their hands... .



J/K

or that when they agree they post ........"this".... underneath another post like three or four times a day.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Wait am I the only one who saw our first team offense move to the length of the field twice despite 2 penalties that went against us that shouldn't have ?

You can't win with FGs forever
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Wait am I the only one who saw our first team offense move to the length of the field twice despite 2 penalties that went against us that shouldn't have ?

Nah. It was just such a s**tty night overall it's overshadowed a bit probably.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Wait am I the only one who saw our first team offense move to the length of the field twice despite 2 penalties that went against us that shouldn't have ?

You can't win with FGs forever

True, although they did some good things im sure they feel like failing to score a TD was big for them, considering its what we've been working on and its one of our biggest problems from last year.
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the right answer. there is something to be said for posters who have all of thier little red boxes filled up

That they have a lot of free time on their hands... .



J/K

or that when they agree they post ........"this".... underneath another post like three or four times a day.
Truer words have never been spoken my friend.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I will get concerned when we lose a real game
of course this is the right answer. there is something to be said for posters who have all of thier little red boxes filled up

that we have been around long enough to say the same yearly stuff regarding our offense during preseason..... I don't know... one thing I forgot to take into consideration this year about a repeat performance by our team, were injuries. Everyone else was worried about expecting or not expecting the same turnover ratio for our offense again...but I think some forget how lucky we were last year regarding injuries.

I'm also worried about the play of Cully & Brock....I believe in these guys...and feel if down the road we needed them to start, we could find a way to make it work. BUT they are the ones defenses are going to try to exploit early in the season....the stuff the Texans were going after, Green Bay will easily do the same. I know its only preseason, our offense needs to show that they can take over a game themselves, and not put too much pressure on our defense again....they need to do this from the early part of the game atleast.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Concerned about the oline, yeah. How do you take shots downfield when your QB is about to take a shot or taking a shot?

I agree but Alex could get rid of the ball a little quicker and also looks like he needs to work on his reads. Missing wide open receivers deep and instead hitting guys for very short gains.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
that we have been around long enough to say the same yearly stuff regarding our offense during preseason..... I don't know... one thing I forgot to take into consideration this year about a repeat performance by our team, were injuries. Everyone else was worried about expecting or not expecting the same turnover ratio for our offense again...but I think some forget how lucky we were last year regarding injuries.

I'm also worried about the play of Cully & Brock....I believe in these guys...and feel if down the road we needed them to start, we could find a way to make it work. BUT they are the ones defenses are going to try to exploit early in the season....the stuff the Texans were going after, Green Bay will easily do the same. I know its only preseason, our offense needs to show that they can take over a game themselves, and not put too much pressure on our defense again....they need to do this from the early part of the game atleast.

A huge part of the D is pressure. Teams can't run the ball, and when they pass we need to get pressure. The DB's are the weakness for sure, but a good Pass rush will make them look way better. When Aldon and Brooks are in that is the last piece to the puzzle.
Ohhh noes the season is over..........

Relax.

Hey P. Manning threw two interceptions last night on back to back drives.

I'll worry when the real games start. Right now it's all about individuals trying to make the team not how "fluid" or "efficient" the offense is.

Too much worry going on.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Concerned about the oline, yeah. How do you take shots downfield when your QB is about to take a shot or taking a shot?

I agree but Alex could get rid of the ball a little quicker and also looks like he needs to work on his reads. Missing wide open receivers deep and instead hitting guys for very short gains.
yeah, if Alex hits Randy deep on that play..the Texans would have to adjust to the big play...and they would have to ease back alittle bit with all that pressure, until we hit them again.

someone help me remember, but when Kaep came in he was still playing the starters..BUT they were not blitzing like crazy anymore, because of his and our RB's big play ability with those miss direction plays.

what's funny is that Alex can run those types of plays, especially if teams over commit with the pressure...some bash Kaep when the coaches calls those types of plays, but they also help keep the defense honest and give us more time in the pocket. We have to make teams want to give us more time in the pocket....if Alex hits Randy deep or Alex and the RBs execute big plays with those QB read option runs....our Oline would magically look better out there.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
yeah, if Alex hits Randy deep on that play..the Texans would have to adjust to the big play...and they would have to ease back alittle bit with all that pressure, until we hit them again.

someone help me remember, but when Kaep came in he was still playing the starters..BUT they were not blitzing like crazy anymore, because of his and our RB's big play ability with those miss direction plays.

what's funny is that Alex can run those types of plays, especially if teams over commit with the pressure...some bash Kaep when the coaches calls those types of plays, but they also help keep the defense honest and give us more time in the pocket. We have to make teams want to give us more time in the pocket....if Alex hits Randy deep or Alex and the RBs execute big plays with those QB read option runs....our Oline would magically look better out there.

Yeah instead they accomplished the opposite. Instead of getting them to back off the pressure they let them know that even if they got a wide open receiver deep Alex wont event try to get it to them. Made them feel fine with leaving the deep threats to chance so they could focus the pressure.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the right answer. there is something to be said for posters who have all of thier little red boxes filled up

That they have a lot of free time on their hands... .



J/K

or that when they agree they post ........"this".... underneath another post like three or four times a day.
Truer words have never been spoken my friend.

This
Little concerned about the passing game, but with all the new additions that will take time. Run game looks great, hope Jacobs is not too hurt, I like the additude he brings to the whole team. Pass d is a concern, that is two weeks in a row we gave up big plays and our schedule is filled with every elite qb in the league starting with week one and two. Ackers looked good, but I want to see some touchdowns, setteling for field goals was a weakness last year and seems to be carrying over. The kick return bothers me, but those things will happen from time to time
Preseason is such a tricky tease... You've been without football for forever it seems, and when a preseason game airs you get the same good ol' football feeling you had at the end of the year, except, you're not watching a real football game...

... You're watching a data gathering fest, there's no game-long strategy, there's no focus on winning, there's not starter intensity, just fear of injury. It's fun to watch our squad out there on t.v. on a football field, but that's really all we're watching... not a game.

But it poses as a game. Preseason just makes me CRAVE football even more. I think it'll get me by the last month before it starts, but it's really just like tasting the batter before you bake a cake.

21 days!!! Uggugughghgghg!!!
why would you show your playbook in preseason?you have to stay plain vanilla .