There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else concerned

that we're still not pushing the ball down the field with the passing game? I was hoping with an upgrade in the WR postion that we would start pushing the ball down the field some but it sure does not look that way.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
that we're still not pushing the ball down the field with the passing game? I was hoping with an upgrade in the WR postion that we would start pushing the ball down the field some but it sure does not look that way.

Concerned about the oline, yeah. How do you take shots downfield when your QB is about to take a shot or taking a shot?
I will get concerned when we lose a real game
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:

did you really think we would come out slinging the ball?that is not the west coast way. we are also not going to show our cards to everyone early. You need to realize closed practice is where we work on the important stuff in terms of the x and o. games are just a way to evaluate players. what we run is not important in pre season. to take anything important out of pre season games and to draw conclusions is not logical
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
I will get concerned when we lose a real game
of course this is the right answer. there is something to be said for posters who have all of thier little red boxes filled up
concerned in preseason?

injuries perhaps, but cmon
Not concerned we are the same as last year
You might get a few more down field passes but don't expect a dramatic increase with an ultra conservative QB. It's just not Alex's game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
You might get a few more down field passes but don't expect a dramatic increase with an ultra conservative QB. It's just not Alex's game.

and its not the west coast way
Preseason is when you play your pimp hand close to the vest, if at all. Besides, after the injuries to Jacobs and LMJ, I'm not too stoked about having our starters out there for too long.
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the right answer. there is something to be said for posters who have all of thier little red boxes filled up

That they have a lot of free time on their hands... .

J/K
I think we're going vanilla because of the preseason, and to agree with sus and iowa, you cant expect Alex Smith to become Dante Culpepper overnight, and in the WC offense you gotta establish the underneath stuff first before you blow the top off the coverage with double moves.
Wait am I the only one who saw our first team offense move to the length of the field twice despite 2 penalties that went against us that shouldn't have ?
Want to eventually see more deep shots, but not concerned in the preseason. Still can't understand how the refs missed the P.I. on Mario when Alex did take that one deep shot.
I thought our pass pro was a little weak with the ones last night but what else is new