LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

**SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WK 3)**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Kendall Hunter is the only one that can fit in that car

Probably... I think it was Maiocco who joked about them letting Leonard Davis sit in it and coach said no chance and that he was like 1/3 of the car.

Just don't let Alex Smith drive it. He can't pass through tight spaces
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Manning might play less against the Niners.

They iz scurred!

LINK

Lol, Denver admits it too
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Manning might play less against the Niners.

They iz scurred!

LINK

Lol, Denver admits it too

Touche. They have Dumervil and V. Miller Smither needs to get rid of that ball. Don't step to the left or right, just step up in the pocket.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'd like to see Harbaugh name the starting receivers. Obviously, many will play the position, but let's get established some rapport and connection for Alex and whoever.

Unspoken but clear enough that it's Crabtree and then a healthy dose of Moss and Rio as the acknowledged starters... mix in a little of the others.
IMO, they should settle on two starters. After last year, rapport needs to be established with both. Also, Crabtree has missed some time. Establish the rapport with one, then two, then the rest. Spreading the starts among more than two will delay the connection of any two.
How serious is Bowman's injury?
harbaugh and roman said they are no starters rather they will have different WR do different things that relate to their strengths

i mean its not like we have a CJ or fitz (moss is 35)

moss will be used more on redzone and go deep

crabtree is all purpose except deep

manningham again is outsisde WR who can do almost any route

KW also slot WR

ginn is deep threat who will use his speed for example post go and crossing routes
I'd like to see Harbaugh name the starting receivers. Obviously, many will play the position, but let's get established some rapport and connection for Alex and whoever.

Unspoken but clear enough that it's Crabtree and then a healthy dose of Moss and Rio as the acknowledged starters... mix in a little of the others.
IMO, they should settle on two starters. After last year, rapport needs to be established with both. Also, Crabtree has missed some time. Establish the rapport with one, then two, then the rest. Spreading the starts among more than two will delay the connection of any two.

That does make sense.. and I suspect that Alex is throwing more practice reps to the primary trio than the others to establish more chemistry and familiarity.

All we can do is suspect, since Jim ain't sharing much info with the beatwriters or general public.
I'm rooting for Ginn. I'm like him...I think he can be a very good viable option at WR. He just need a chance to work on it and opportunities. He provide a dimension of speed to this team last year that the coaches appreciate. I noticed Smith throwing a few deep sideline route to Ginn, hitting him in stride, in a couple of the vids.

I don't think Ginn is being pushed aside by the coaches like he is on the Zone
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM ]
I'm rooting for Ginn. I'm like him...I think he can be a very good viable option at WR. He just need a chance to work on it and opportunities. He provide a dimension of speed to this team last year that the coaches appreciate. I noticed Smith throwing a few deep sideline route to Ginn, hitting him in stride, in a couple of the vids.

Encouraged to read that Ginn has strengthened up and worked hard to try and stay relevant as a WR. I just struggle to see how he takes snaps away from the main trio. Then, there's the Kyle W factor... then, there's not wanting to imagine A.J.J. being inactive every week.
i think the smartestt hting to do is just continuilly rotate to keep them fresh and tire out the D

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i think the smartestt hting to do is just continuilly rotate to keep them fresh and tire out the D

BuZz?

Encouraged to read that Ginn has strengthened up and worked hard to try and stay relevant as a WR. I just struggle to see how he takes snaps away from the main trio. Then, there's the Kyle W factor... then, there's not wanting to imagine A.J.J. being inactive every week.

He has more 3rd down catches then most people realized. As long as he can show improvements and be more dependable, he should be fine.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
He has more 3rd down catches then most people realized. As long as he can show improvements and be more dependable, he should be fine.

yes. we know what he can do in the return game. whatever we can get from him in being a wide out would be gravy. you know if he does become a good and dependable wide out for us this year I may have to rethink my position that he will be gone after this year I root for him and like many,, do not understand the lack of support for him from some
Things to look for on D:

- How the DB's do against two big targets in Thomas and Decker
- Peyton will throw to Tamme, so the cover skills of Willis or Bowman will be displayed
- Will the 49ers stuff the screen plays to the speedy Hillman (I'm fairly confident the D will limit McGahee between the tackles)
- Starting spot battles: Tramaine Brock vs. Perrish Cox
- Player stepping up: Ricky Jean-Francois

Things to look for on O:

- Developing chemistry between Smith and his new arsenal of WR's
- Crabtree/Moss/Manningham vs. Champ Bailey
- Stoutness of O-line
- Maturation of Hunter and dynamic ability of James against a solid Broncos D-line
- Will A.J. Jenkins stretch the field successfully (by catching a deep ball)
- Starting spot battles: Alex Boone vs. Leonard Davis/Joe Looney
Josh Johnson vs. Scott Tolzien
- Players stepping up: Kendall Hunter (Obvious choice)
Kyle Williams (Shocker!)
[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Aug 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Things to look for on D:

- How the DB's do against two big targets in Thomas and Decker
- Peyton will throw to Tamme, so the cover skills of Willis or Bowman will be displayed
- Will the 49ers stuff the screen plays to the speedy Hillman (I'm fairly confident the D will limit McGahee between the tackles)
- Starting spot battles: Tramaine Brock vs. Perrish Cox
- Player stepping up: Ricky Jean-Francois

Things to look for on O:

- Developing chemistry between Smith and his new arsenal of WR's
- Crabtree/Moss/Manningham vs. Champ Bailey
- Stoutness of O-line
- Maturation of Hunter and dynamic ability of James against a solid Broncos D-line
- Will A.J. Jenkins stretch the field successfully (by catching a deep ball)
- Starting spot battles: Alex Boone vs. Leonard Davis/Joe Looney
Josh Johnson vs. Scott Tolzien
- Players stepping up: Kendall Hunter (Obvious choice)
Kyle Williams (Shocker!)

Good points. Peyton does like to throw to his TE so it's interesting to see how we will do. I'm going to look for Staley/Davis against Dumervil and V. Miller
Share 49ersWebzone