There are 214 users in the forums

Preseason Week 1: Thoughts after Re-Watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fastforward:
From the look of that run against the Saints, Smith could have gone all the way 50 yards out. Staley took care of the guy who had the realistic chance of pushing him out of bound. Two other guys were 6-10 yards away.

Staley should of been called for tripping.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

nope
Originally posted by oldman9er:

nope

Yep.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

nope

Yep.

Have to disagree
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I don't know if this has been mentioned in prior pages but while I agree in much of the analysis of this game the fact that we play the Vikings in week 3 means that we should take everything we saw in this game with grain of salt. Normally I don't put much stock in any preseason game but knowing our coaching staff every play called Friday night was for misdirection. Not saying we will come out slinging the ball all over the field but it was pretty obvious to me we stressed the run Friday to keep the other side guessing. Week 3 will be here before we know it.
^
Ah huevo!!!!

do you even know what a tripping foul is?
Marvin, agree completely with evaluation of Kap. Sheesh he was our 2nd pick last yr, and looks this yr much like last yr...ie, not very good, uncomfortable, can't read coverage, isn't comfortable in pocket, can't find receivers, but ye gads, can that kid run. So here's a question for you. We trade him , with luck we get a 7th rounder, and with no luck, nobody even bites. So in the spirit of trying to salvage a #2 pick, how about seeing if our 6'4" guy who runs like the wind, can catch passes. If so, he would be that big TE that towers over the DBs. Hey, he's a QB, has great hands, doesn't play good Qb, but how about giving him a shot at TE? or WR? I would love to see if he can catch passes, because with the speed he showed, he can outrun everyone in the vikes backfield. If he can catch, we might just have something. Again, lots of talent, great speed, very poor QB traits...and they haven't improved in a yr. What do you think??
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

He's just trolling
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

He's just trolling

Dude, I'm not trolling. I've watch that play a million times. Staley falls down and swings his leg to trip the defender. I really dont care if you dont agree, but what I saw was very clear.

When they showed the NFL Yearbook with the Niners there was an angle they had which made it very clear what Staley did. You should watch it.

I'm as big of fan as any of you, but unlike some, I call it like I see it.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM ]

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Marvin, agree completely with evaluation of Kap. Sheesh he was our 2nd pick last yr, and looks this yr much like last yr...ie, not very good, uncomfortable, can't read coverage, isn't comfortable in pocket, can't find receivers, but ye gads, can that kid run. So here's a question for you. We trade him , with luck we get a 7th rounder, and with no luck, nobody even bites. So in the spirit of trying to salvage a #2 pick, how about seeing if our 6'4" guy who runs like the wind, can catch passes. If so, he would be that big TE that towers over the DBs. Hey, he's a QB, has great hands, doesn't play good Qb, but how about giving him a shot at TE? or WR? I would love to see if he can catch passes, because with the speed he showed, he can outrun everyone in the vikes backfield. If he can catch, we might just have something. Again, lots of talent, great speed, very poor QB traits...and they haven't improved in a yr. What do you think??

Harbaugh thinks his "very poor QB traits" have separated him even further from Scott Tolzien as the #2 quarterback on the team.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I would love for you to go play by play and tell me how you've drawn all these conclusions.

I think we must have been watching a different game.

He's just trolling

Dude, I'm not trolling. I've watch that play a million times. Staley falls down and swings his leg to trip the defender. I really dont care if you dont agree, but what I saw was very clear.

When they showed the NFL Yearbook with the Niners there was an angle they had which made it very clear what Staley did. You should watch it.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/166307-any-other-teams-you-root-sometimes/page7/search=Any%20other%20teams%20you%20root%20for

Yeah you would never troll

He's just trolling

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/166307-any-other-teams-you-root-sometimes/page7/search=Any%20other%20teams%20you%20root%20for

Yeah you would never troll

Say it ain't so Oak...say it ain't so...
Share 49ersWebzone