LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Preseason Week 1: Thoughts after Re-Watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't think any player played poorly. Do think Jenkins was inconsistent but I don't recal any player showing absolute suck age or being on a stage that's too big.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think any player played poorly. Do think Jenkins was inconsistent but I don't recal any player showing absolute suck age or being on a stage that's too big.

Very true. With that said, I thought Dashon Goldson played below average...
Why isn't anyone talking about how good 81 looked? The kid from Stanford looked like a keeper. He looked second only to AJ.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow Marv didn't even see this thread awesome write up, agreed on everything.
I'm hoping Moss is not showing everything. From what the defensive players have said, "he hasn't lost a step". I really hope that is the case and that he can be the deep threat we need. If not, we have Manningham, Jenkins, Ginn, and Williams who can all go deep (man it's been a long time since we have had good depth at WR)
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Why isn't anyone talking about how good 81 looked? The kid from Stanford looked like a keeper. He looked second only to AJ.

He did look like a real WR, I think his concussions will hold him back
Great Post. I'd like to see some down field passing. Your observations on CK are spot on. With the 49er running game and defense they will set the tempo in games. Teams such as GB, NE and NO will score but the key factor is that they have to have touches. With the Niner run game and attacking defense these offenses won't get as many offense series. If they are behind and have to push it they play right into the 49ers hands. At the same time these high powered offenses have their rhythms disrupted. If the 49er passing game takes off, watch out. Chris Owusu bears serious watching.

9) Chris Owusu: I think hes gonna have touble making this team that is very deep at WR, but he looked pretty damn good out there. Not just the speed, but they RAC ability he showed on one of the passes he caught. I'm hoping this guy makes it through waivers and ends up on the practice squad.

10) The D: Barring that long pass by Ponder (looks like a broken coverage...Rogers was expecting help from Goldson), they are still DAMN good. Goldson still can't tackle tho. Sigh. Why would you even attempt to tackle Toby Gerhart up high? Thats like trying to tackle Roger Craig by hitting him in the knees. It's just make you look foolish. Other than that tho...these guys are GOOD. It should be fun this year. ;-)
Great Post !! I liked C Ouwusu or Cow as I call him i like that quick move to the inside that he had. Reminds me of Jmorgan but he did it to the outside. Makes me wonder how easy it is to find talent these days ? I see Adixon and Cjones on the team and can't remember a good play from them. And don't forget Abrooks not getting in front of a runner I saw 0 of that last year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I'm hoping Moss is not showing everything. From what the defensive players have said, "he hasn't lost a step". I really hope that is the case and that he can be the deep threat we need. If not, we have Manningham, Jenkins, Ginn, and Williams who can all go deep (man it's been a long time since we have had good depth at WR)

I really think they are not showing Moss for a real good reason, one they don't want him hurt so early. Two, hes part of some new game plans (obviously I know), but I think we will see a whole new offense with Moss, Manningham and Jacobs. Look how vanilla it was, almost high school like plays.
No one doubts Owusu's talent, it's his concussion history that's frightening to most teams.

• teeohh
  • Veteran
You rewatch the tv broadcast?
"Just wait." -- Sir Randall Gene Otis Moss.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
"Just wait." -- Sir Randall Gene Otis Moss.

from twitter?
straight cash homie
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Uh...I did.
Share 49ersWebzone