LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 308 users in the forums

Preseason Week 1: Thoughts after Re-Watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Staley should of been called for tripping.

do you even know what a tripping foul is?

He's just trolling

Dude, I'm not trolling. I've watch that play a million times. Staley falls down and swings his leg to trip the defender. I really dont care if you dont agree, but what I saw was very clear.

When they showed the NFL Yearbook with the Niners there was an angle they had which made it very clear what Staley did. You should watch it.

I'm as big of fan as any of you, but unlike some, I call it like I see it.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/166307-any-other-teams-you-root-sometimes/page7/search=Any%20other%20teams%20you%20root%20for

Yeah you would never troll

Say it ain't so Oak...say it ain't so...

Quick question:

Have any of you seen NFL Year Book 2011 from ESPN? If so, they show the run from multiple angles and in slow motion. It wasn't the "block" that took down the Saints defender as much as it was the leg whip.....

Go back to the yearbook thread and read my post and a few others....

Sincal: lighten up. That's not trolling, thats just me being goofy.
Quick question:

Have any of you seen NFL Year Book 2011 from ESPN? If so, they show the run from multiple angles and in slow motion. It wasn't the "block" that took down the Saints defender as much as it was the leg whip.....

This thread that says nothing about any leg-whipping?
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/166592-nfl-yearbook-2011-san-francisco-49ers-1080phd/

I'm beginning to see the problem. You don't know how to define a leg-whip penalty, it would seem. Staley is sliding along the ground. His legs are in a natural position as this happens... knees slightly bent and calves a natural inch or two sliding along with his upper body... Harper tries to hop over and stumbles upon Joe's lower half. So this to you is leg-whipping? So far, you seem to be the only human being and fan of any team to be calling this a leg-whipping. Hell, I live in New Orleans, have Saints friends and family... NO ONE is calling this a leg-whipping or ever suggested that it was. No news reports... nothing. I don't even believe Harper himself ever suggested a leg-whip.

Your proposed extra film and angles is nowhere to be found anymore.. all seemingly pulled from availability... massive cover-up, is it?

Here is the play... http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01/16/joe-staley-wait-until-you-see-my-block-on-film/ .. and it is precisely as described. There is no possible angle that would make this play any more clear or controversial. If that play would ever have been called as a leg-whip, Harbaugh's head would literally have exploded, and the refs would have been rushed and beaten to a bloody pulp.

So either are trolling... or don't know what you're looking at in terms of what a leg-whip constitutes. If Staley would have suddenly lashed out and up with his legs? Then you would have been correct. Sorry... you are fighting a bizarre and losing battle here.
The great news regarding the Staley block/leg whip/no leg whip is that Alex would have had the first down for sure either way.

Won't feel guilty about it!
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quick question:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/166592-nfl-yearbook-2011-san-francisco-49ers-1080phd/

I'm beginning to see the problem. You don't know how to define a leg-whip penalty, it would seem. Staley is sliding along the ground. His legs are in a natural position as this happens... knees slightly bent and calves a natural inch or two sliding along with his upper body... Harper tries to hop over and stumbles upon Joe's lower half. So this to you is leg-whipping? So far, you seem to be the only human being and fan of any team to be calling this a leg-whipping. Hell, I live in New Orleans, have Saints friends and family... NO ONE is calling this a leg-whipping or ever suggested that it was. No news reports... nothing. I don't even believe Harper himself ever suggested a leg-whip.

Your proposed extra film and angles is nowhere to be found anymore.. all seemingly pulled from availability... massive cover-up, is it?

Here is the play... http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01/16/joe-staley-wait-until-you-see-my-block-on-film/ .. and it is precisely as described. There is no possible angle that would make this play any more clear or controversial. If that play would ever have been called as a leg-whip, Harbaugh's head would literally have exploded, and the refs would have been rushed and beaten to a bloody pulp.

So either are trolling... or don't know what you're looking at in terms of what a leg-whip constitutes. If Staley would have suddenly lashed out and up with his legs? Then you would have been correct. Sorry... you are fighting a bizarre and losing battle here.
Wasn't perfect but it worked
only made it to about halftime and fell asleep.i knew what was going to happen. and the game got pretty boring after kaep's TD run

Feel better now, you condesending prick. For the record, the video you posted was the basic angle, not the one on NFL Year Book. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looked like it.
Staley should of been called for tripping.

nope

Yep.

Uh...no. It is legal to cut a player. Tripping is when you completely miss and throw a leg out to trip him. Staleys block was textbook.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Marvin, agree completely with evaluation of Kap. Sheesh he was our 2nd pick last yr, and looks this yr much like last yr...ie, not very good, uncomfortable, can't read coverage, isn't comfortable in pocket, can't find receivers, but ye gads, can that kid run. So here's a question for you. We trade him , with luck we get a 7th rounder, and with no luck, nobody even bites. So in the spirit of trying to salvage a #2 pick, how about seeing if our 6'4" guy who runs like the wind, can catch passes. If so, he would be that big TE that towers over the DBs. Hey, he's a QB, has great hands, doesn't play good Qb, but how about giving him a shot at TE? or WR? I would love to see if he can catch passes, because with the speed he showed, he can outrun everyone in the vikes backfield. If he can catch, we might just have something. Again, lots of talent, great speed, very poor QB traits...and they haven't improved in a yr. What do you think??

I think he's still a QB and would command MUCH better than a 7th round pick based on his running ability alone.

I see the same stuff you do, but he was still a highly touted player who is learning. Teams would be willing to give up far more than a 7. Maybe not a 2, but much more than a 7.

Feel better now, you condesending prick. For the record, the video you posted was the basic angle, not the one on NFL Year Book. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looked like it.

woah. THAT was unnecessary.
LOL !! When all else fails? Name-calling FTW !!!

Tolzien > Kaepernick
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

street credited.

there is absolutely no need to do that and you should know better.
Actually, Marvin, do you see any improvement over last yr regarding reading Ds, staying in pocket, reading receivers? Deer in the headlights comes to mind, but it was fascinating watching him virtually outrun the entire Vikes DBs. He was fast. He has a cannon for an arm. But can he do the reads he needs to do? You see any sign of improvement over last yr?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Actually, Marvin, do you see any improvement over last yr regarding reading Ds, staying in pocket, reading receivers? Deer in the headlights comes to mind, but it was fascinating watching him virtually outrun the entire Vikes DBs. He was fast. He has a cannon for an arm. But can he do the reads he needs to do? You see any sign of improvement over last yr?

It's way to small of a sample size, but he did look better during the fanfest. Its not that I think he looks completely inept. I just thought Tolzien looked much better.

Kaep has alot of tools. He's still a very young player. When I mentioned trading him, I wasn't just looking to unload him. I was more thinking that he was the only guy who would have any trade value.

WAY, WAY to early to give up on Kaep. We knew he was raw coming in. It's to be expected. Kaep only gets traded if niners get a really good offer. Otherwise Its a battle to be on the roster between Tolzien and Johnson. Tolzien won round 1.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:

street credited.

there is absolutely no need to do that and you should know better.

I do know better, but I dont care. Dude always responds in a way thats snarky. He's a a jerk in a way that he knows he could get away with, per forum rules. Good for him. I'm sure he's smiling right now in his underwear Boone and Smith Fanboy t-shirt, drinking a slurpy while he waits for his mom to fix him a baloney sandwich....Anyways, I already have a 25 warning, do what you must. Trust me boast, you would be doing me a huge favor. Too much "group think," "in crowd" on this forum anway.

For the record, Oldman you can be a real homo. Peace.

Share 49ersWebzone