There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tyms

Want to see what this dude can really do. Look very smooth and explosive on his only catch. Has the look of a solid receiver.
Nope. We want to hide this guy on the practice squad. No way he makes it this year. I agree he looks intriguing but we want him tucked away nice and safe for when Ginn and Moss are gone.
same here...on the field, he looks much faster than some of our other receivers. Online it says he ran 4.4 flat at his pro day.....but again he looks faster on the field.

when we had Josh Johnson out there for those 1 WR sets..I was hoping he would be out there, but they had #35 most of the time.

hopefully he gets more looks in the next game.

its crazy that we have so much depth at WR, because years ago I would've been so happy for our future if we had WRs like Tyms and Owusu as our 3rd and 4th receivers.
seems we have too much talent at WR this year. Hope we can hold onto this dude.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Palmer, Owasu and Tyms all seem practice squad worthy. They should just cut KW and keep one of those three on the roster and put the other two on the PS.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Palmer, Owasu and Tyms all seem practice squad worthy. They should just cut KW and keep one of those three on the roster and put the other two on the PS.

Why Williams has more NFL experience let alone just seems to be a better player then any of them, Palmer is nothing more then a camp darling right now and seems to to be flaming out, Owusu no matter how good he looked in 1 night is still a walking concussion, Tyms IIRC only has 1 season of college football under his belt and it was at Florida A&M. They all have potential but cutting Williams in favor of any of these 3 would be a complete mistake, maybe they'll show more in the next 3 weeks but right now I think it is clear that we are going to cut all 3 and try and sign 2 or maybe even all 3 to the PS.

Only way KW gets cut is if he blows it as a PR guy - which judging by last night, wont be happening. I feel like a broke record saying that I feel like a broken record but no matter how you feel about the NFCCG WIlliams is clearly head and shoulders better then any of those 3 RIGHT NOW, maybe next season they can challenge him for a spot or possibly just slip into Moss' spot should he depart. I'm very excited about our future at WR with Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, Williams and the potential development of Palmer, Tyms, and Owusu. Moss could be here longer then this season but I'm expecting him to be a 1 year, trying to win a ring guy.
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
same here...on the field, he looks much faster than some of our other receivers. Online it says he ran 4.4 flat at his pro day.....but again he looks faster on the field.

when we had Josh Johnson out there for those 1 WR sets..I was hoping he would be out there, but they had #35 most of the time.

its crazy that we have so much depth at WR, because years ago I would've been so happy for our future if we had WRs like Tyms and Owusu as our 3rd and 4th receivers.
Plus he's got good size. He's taller than any of the others except Moss. I could see keeping him on the practice squad, then promoting him when Moss is done in a year or so.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

I agree for the most part, but there's so much we do not know, especially with the younger guys.

The comforting thing with KW is we know what his floor is and can see he has a pretty nice ceiling if he can get to it.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by sfout:

I agree for the most part, but there's so much we do not know, especially with the younger guys.

The comforting thing with KW is we know what his floor is and can see he has a pretty nice ceiling if he can get to it.

exactly. people making snap judgements based off of one game need to wait another 3 weeks and see which if any of these guys are left on our roster and see what their realistic chances are of making it to our PS let alone unseating KW as the 5th WR. Remember Jenkins looks like a work in progress and right now at least in the early quarter maybe half a season I wouldn't bat an eyelash if Jenkins was the inactive 6th WR on gamedays with KW manning the 5th WR #2 PR spot.
eh would rather have Owusu....
hope he makes the team
[ Edited by fly15 on Aug 11, 2012 at 3:37 PM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Plus he's got good size. He's taller than any of the others except Moss. I could see keeping him on the practice squad, then promoting him when Moss is done in a year or so.

I would like to keep him on the practice squad. Great size and speed it looks like on the field. It would also benefit from watching and learning from Moss and the other receivers during the season. Baalke and this coaching staff are doing a great job filling out our roster spots from top to bottom.
Would like to hold onto him for the future. After Moss helps with the journey for number six.
I just noticed Tyms from watching the game again yesterday. Intriguing size. Like T.O. size. Don't know enough about him...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

Palmer, might not clear waivers, the others should be safe. We don't need Moss, that would clear up some space on the roster.