LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

crabtree was always slid never denied that just said he needed some practice time with alex

although i do stand by my point he isnt a true #1 WR and by that i mean he cant dominate the recieving part of the game however they may be only 5 or so true #1

crabs does have potential to put up great numbers though and looks like a force on 3rd downs
Is Crabs terrible? No

Is Crabs a #1 WR? Not yet

Was Crabs worth a 1st? No

I wouldn't say "bust", but definitely not worth 1st rounder
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Is Crabs terrible? No

Is Crabs a #1 WR? Not yet

Was Crabs worth a 1st? No

I wouldn't say "bust", but definitely not worth 1st rounder

Well we took a major risk, guy had a foot injury. Personally he's had more yards every season. With his first camp, and Alex's improvement, looks like a 1000 yards. I much rather have Crabtree, than Darrius Heward Bey. Crabtree has more yards, more Td's, so we totally got a better value with crabtree over Bey. Really the only wr that I would take as of now over crabtree from that draft, would be Jeremy Maclin.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Well we took a major risk, guy had a foot injury. Personally he's had more yards every season. With his first camp, and Alex's improvement, looks like a 1000 yards. I much rather have Crabtree, than Darrius Heward Bey. Crabtree has more yards, more Td's, so we totally got a better value with crabtree over Bey. Really the only wr that I would take as of now over crabtree from that draft, would be Jeremy Maclin.

Really, Id add Nicks to the list at the very list.

Strong consideration for Harvin but its more debatable. Nicks and Maclin for sure in my book. And I consider myself a Crabtree fan, Doing quite a bit of defending of Crabs to the alarming amount of 49er fans who just hate the guy
Definitely should not have been a 1st round pick, is not a #1 WR, and shouldn't be the highest paid WR on any NFL team. Crabtree is a move the chain guy but lacks the elite speed to be a top NFL WR. In previous season since entering the league and joining the 49ers has miss all TCs and preseasons which result in weak production early in those seasons. This year he participated in some TC and preseason and now he is looking a lot better as the highest paid WR on the team, still we need AJ Jenkins to step in and step up soon, cause KW (as a WR), Ginn and D Walker aren't really doing anything to help the team thus far and probably will not in any significant fashion as the season continues.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:30 AM ]
Ell naw, he's not a bust.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Go Crabtree!
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he was money tonight and good for him and for our team, he and mario did some very good things last night, we are also keeping moss healthy and rested for late in the season , we have two very very good wide outs and whatever we get from moss and ginn will be gravy. in the meantime, the kid whom we drafted can set and learn from some very good people and he can be a factor next year
Alex and Crabtree broke the Lions' hearts on that long 4th qtr drive...they just took over the game. Michael came up big and is fulfilling my prediction that he'd have a monster season. Some fans only judge elite receivers by how fast they are or how many TD's they get...controlling the game as he and Alex did last night was huge...and set up the toss to Vernon to put the game away. Crabtree is becoming one of Alex's main targets...and together, they're going to wreak considerable havoc on a lot of NFL defenses.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Alex and Crabtree broke the Lions' hearts on that long 4th qtr drive...they just took over the game. Michael came up big and is fulfilling my prediction that he'd have a monster season. Some fans only judge elite receivers by how fast they are or how many TD's they get...controlling the game as he and Alex did last night was huge...and set up the toss to Vernon to put the game away. Crabtree is becoming one of Alex's main targets...and together, they're going to wreak considerable havoc on a lot of NFL defenses.

He's playing better than previous seasons early, because he actually participated in some TC and preseason this season. He still lacks elite speed to be a top NFL WR. Hopefully he can keep it up with catching all the balls going his way and moving the chains, cause we're going to need him to do that if we want to get to the SB and win it.
Still waiting to see if they are going to put AJ Jenkins in the game at least as the 4th WR, since now there are some weak opponents in the coming weeks.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Sep 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
mario was very good to cept for one drop. i did not think anyone but ginn should be allowed to run a reverse but he certainly did a nice job last night.quiet pre season for him but he is a fine player for us
After his big grabs in the fourth quarter drive, he looked a little upset on the sidelines, perhaps Jimmie should have called his number in the endzone as a reward for those great 3rd down grabs, I hope JH gets Crabs in the endzone next weekend.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
After his big grabs in the fourth quarter drive, he looked a little upset on the sidelines, perhaps Jimmie should have called his number in the endzone as a reward for those great 3rd down grabs, I hope JH gets Crabs in the endzone next weekend.

This
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch #49ers Michael Crabtree, last 13 regular-season games: 74 catches, 885 yards, 4 TDs (16-game projection: 91-1,089-5).
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

This

I would have to go back and look if he was a bit upset but I wanted to comment that I hope he starts getting in the end zone and gets rewarded for his hard work and good blocking. He was huge tonight... stats don't do his game justice. He is one of the main reasons we put the dagger in them.
Share 49ersWebzone