There are 276 users in the forums

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

He's been hugeeee on 3rd downs
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
After his big grabs in the fourth quarter drive, he looked a little upset on the sidelines, perhaps Jimmie should have called his number in the endzone as a reward for those great 3rd down grabs, I hope JH gets Crabs in the endzone next weekend.

This

I would have to go back and look if he was a bit upset but I wanted to comment that I hope he starts getting in the end zone and gets rewarded for his hard work and good blocking. He was huge tonight... stats don't do his game justice. He is one of the main reasons we put the dagger in them.

fwiw harbs gave crabtree the gameball.
He made some huge clutch catches last night.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Harbaugh-Crabtree-catches-passes-like-a-?blockID=774941&feedID=5936

Michael Crabtree said it was his birthday and he had to address the team the other day. And he told the offensive guys, we've got to keep up with our defense. We need to match them. Do you like knowing that he's a vocal, he's doing a lot of that vocal stuff to get his unit going?
Harbaugh: "Yes. He talked to the team on his birthday and it was a real strong message, real strong message. Team-oriented message. And Michael is a great leader in my opinion. And he's a kind of guy who fixes things behind the scenes. He's not for public consumption. And then the way he plays. You can tell he's about us. Not one of those, it's about himself kind of guys. And yeah, all those guys that define a football player. Great in the locker room, smart, great study habits. Tough, has talent. Can do it when the chips are down. Can suck it up and get the job done for you. He's a football player."

Behind the scenes, just one example for us?
Harbaugh: "That's behind the scenes [laughs]."

He has said that he bulked up a bit during the offseason. Do you see that reflected in his game? And he was able to fight for a couple first downs at the end of the game yesterday. Is that evidence to you that he's a sturdier, bigger, stronger player this year?
Harbaugh: "Think those things. He's improved physically. I think he's got a confidence in his physical game and being able to run all day and practices extremely hard. He does the same thing in practice. He's been doing it this entire offseason."

How has QB Alex Smith matured and progressed when it comes to choosing between two plays at the line of scrimmage?
Harbaugh: "Well, like we talked about, he's an expert in this system. And to accomplish that in just a year speaks volumes. And how's he matured? He's just intellectually matured. He's got a lot to work with because he's a really intelligent guy. But, just the way he works at it. He'll be up in the building until 7, 8, 9'oclock at night and constantly grinding on the mental part of the game."

Could you put more on him now than you could at this point last year?
Harbaugh: "I think we can with everybody on our squad. It's not just Alex who didn't have the same coordinator in successive years with seven or eight different guys. That's multiplied, or at least there's addition here with every guy on the offense. So, I think you could say that for everybody. There's more that we can keep doing and hopefully keep growing."

Crabtree becoming a vocal leader like VD and Gore??? Seems like this offseason was definitely Crabtree's "A-Ha" Moment if he hadn't had it already. So pumped to see how well he does this year.
He's always been good.
Crabs and Alex will get better as the season progresses. Also, I know harbs has some other motives with his excessive praise, but he is really talking up Crabs. I hope he gets his number called more often. He may end up with 100 catches.
i bet after looking at the gametape they will center more of the passing attack to crabtree manningham and VD till we get in red zone area which is where we use moss and VD

unfortunatly crabs wont get the TDs he desrves this season but hwe will get a lot of yards and imo this is how to make our offense the most effective

crabtree unfortunately doesnt have that break away speed but he is solid at getting YAC

manning has ridiculous acceleration which can really come in use
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i bet after looking at the gametape they will center more of the passing attack to crabtree manningham and VD till we get in red zone area which is where we use moss and VD

unfortunatly crabs wont get the TDs he desrves this season but hwe will get a lot of yards and imo this is how to make our offense the most effective

crabtree unfortunately doesnt have that break away speed but he is solid at getting YAC

manning has ridiculous acceleration which can really come in use

The passes he get don't seem to give him a chance to...he has to start stop start again ... Catch pass then start running again
Originally posted by Leathaface:
He's always been good.

Thank you
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Cashtree is developing into Smith's #1 target in the clutch, and they're only going to get better as the season goes on.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
still cant score tds, lol
crabtree is not a bust,I think he will turn out to be one of the best pass catching recievers the 49ers have ever had
Originally posted by reno911:
crabtree is not a bust,I think he will turn out to be one of the best pass catching recievers the 49ers have ever had

ok lets not go that far he wont even be close

hes solid to a great player but imo nothing special he is not the type of guy you have to create a gameplan for like a fitz andre johnson megatron and a selective few others
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by reno911:

ok lets not go that far he wont even be close

hes solid to a great player but imo nothing special he is not the type of guy you have to create a gameplan for like a fitz andre johnson megatron and a selective few others

He is only 25, I have a feeling by the end of the year he will be in the elite group, may be a far fetched statement but I can see it happening.

The breakout year of te crabs
Originally posted by JMC52:
He is only 25, I have a feeling by the end of the year he will be in the elite group, may be a far fetched statement but I can see it happening.

The breakout year of te crabs

if you look before i said he this year i think he will have 1200+ yards but my statement stands

crabtree is quicker and strionger than i expected i will definitally give you that but he isnt the type of player who in oduble coverage will make a contribution thats what i signify as elite in terms of WR/TE

now with mario manningham and occasionally randy moss and of course VD he will not have to see those coverages too often. But like last year in playoffs if he is the only WR weapon we have i dont see him making a significant difference

as for big numbers and break out year

yes i agree with you

elite WR? no i dont
Share 49ersWebzone