LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Can anybody name ONE game where Crabtree dominated? There are plenty of games that Vernon and Frank dominated. Name one game for Crabtree.

Week 8 this year versus the Browns should have been Crabtree's career game and perhaps coming out party.

But Alex overthrew Crabtree three separate times....each of which Crabtree had burned the DB, and was streaking down the field wide open. In spite of having three long touchdowns wiped out by three terrible throws, Crabtree finished with 5 catches for 54 yards and a touchdown. As far as individual games go, this could have been a career performance.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Whateeever ... Sh*t ... there were a few times I swear a couple of those 'reporters' stole some of my football take and put them in their articles. But it's probably pure coincidence since I'm in the East coast with a 4 hr head start, and they just happened to woke up to my enlighten posts.

I dont think they are stilling my ideas, but I'm a firm believer that we feed off each others (webzone) thoughts and vocabulary if only subconciously. Its just human nature. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I think its more likely a product of reading our posts. Thats how inside jokes and words like "doe" start.

I think they do skim through to get a gauge on what subject the fans want to read or report on. They have to be careful though. If they read too much they can obtained presumptive views when they should be objective . If that's true, Grant Cohn might be the biggest troll around here.

20 bucks says Grant Cohn is Fly15....
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Can anybody name ONE game where Crabtree dominated? There are plenty of games that Vernon and Frank dominated. Name one game for Crabtree.

Week 8 this year versus the Browns should have been Crabtree's career game and perhaps coming out party.

But Alex overthrew Crabtree three separate times....each of which Crabtree had burned the DB, and was streaking down the field wide open. In spite of having three long touchdowns wiped out by three terrible throws, Crabtree finished with 5 catches for 54 yards and a touchdown. As far as individual games go, this could have been a career performance.

It was crabs fault... He couldn't booty scoot fast enough
Whateeever ... Sh*t ... there were a few times I swear a couple of those 'reporters' stole some of my football take and put them in their articles. But it's probably pure coincidence since I'm in the East coast with a 4 hr head start, and they just happened to woke up to my enlighten posts.

I dont think they are stilling my ideas, but I'm a firm believer that we feed off each others (webzone) thoughts and vocabulary if only subconciously. Its just human nature. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I think its more likely a product of reading our posts. Thats how inside jokes and words like "doe" start.

I think they do skim through to get a gauge on what subject the fans want to read or report on. They have to be careful though. If they read too much they can obtained presumptive views when they should be objective . If that's true, Grant Cohn might be the biggest troll around here.

I thought Grant was 981073476 or whomever that guy is that always posts Lowell's columns and then backs him as a Bay Area HOF sports writer.
crabtree is a bust. i like him and all, but he is a bust. he didnt come through in the playoffs, and never once does he come through in the off season
Originally posted by NickSh49:

I thought Grant was 981073476 or whomever that guy is that always posts Lowell's columns and then backs him as a Bay Area HOF sports writer.

Good point. I think he is 19806something....

No, Grant can't possibly say good morning in fewer than two paragraphs. Fly is more a one syllable guy.
As of right now I'd say yeah but it's not unheard of for a guy to break out in his 4th year. Seriously we had this exact same discussion with Vernon Davis not too long ago.

Some of Crabtree's setbacks have to do with maturity issues and not being on page with Alex and not being in camp, he gets those fixed and very well could be a 1,000 yard 8 TD receiver next year and while he may never be Fitzgerald that's hardly a bust either.
damn, i knew him cuz he is too weak that he is very bust for his injured by feets that always! He was suffered his feets when he did slow his speed and didn't help for us that Giants did beat for us!!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
As of right now I'd say yeah but it's not unheard of for a guy to break out in his 4th year. Seriously we had this exact same discussion with Vernon Davis not too long ago.

Some of Crabtree's setbacks have to do with maturity issues and not being on page with Alex and not being in camp, he gets those fixed and very well could be a 1,000 yard 8 TD receiver next year and while he may never be Fitzgerald that's hardly a bust either.

Yeah, but the big difference is you could always see the physical talent Davis had. The problem was they never threw him the ball. I think Crabtree has the ability to be an elite possession reciever (if there is such a thing), but I dont see him as a match up problem or a guy that must be double teamed. Is he really going to ever be able to do what Davis did in the playoffs under that kind of pressure? I highly doubt it.

Yeah, but the big difference is you could always see the physical talent Davis had. The problem was they never threw him the ball. I think Crabtree has the ability to be an elite possession reciever (if there is such a thing), but I dont see him as a match up problem or a guy that must be double teamed. Is he really going to ever be able to do what Davis did in the playoffs under that kind of pressure? I highly doubt it.

I do agree though that he will never be elite at his position but I don't think he has to be. You don't hit a home run with every top 10 pick. We've come pretty close at doing that with Davis, Willis, Aldon Smith so I can see why people are disappointed with his potential but 70 yards a game and 8-10 tds is a very good receiver and he's more than capable of doing that.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I do agree though that he will never be elite at his position but I don't think he has to be. You don't hit a home run with every top 10 pick. We've come pretty close at doing that with Davis, Willis, Aldon Smith so I can see why people are disappointed with his potential but 70 yards a game and 8-10 tds is a very good receiver and he's more than capable of doing that.

What do I know? The year Davis broke out I was calling for the team to trade him in training camp.... With that said, it wasn't an issue of talent. I think he was fighting, and I had enough.
Theres no way hes a bust. We've been a run first team for many seasons untill harbaugh came in. Who does the QB ususally feel comfortable throwing to in a run first team? The tight end! Thats why vernon spiked earlier and has ususally been discussed as the leagues best. Now that harbaugh is installing a REAL offense, whos numbers spiked last year? Our #1 reciever, crabtree. He had 48 to 55 catches in 09-10. Last year he had 72 catches, the same as mike wallace. This number should increase a little bit, but the AVG. and TD's will rise ALOT.
What...no boobies? I like boobies...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What...no boobies? I like boobies...

Share 49ersWebzone