There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Punt Return Duties?

Punt Return Duties?

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Cutting Ginn would be more like cutting Dashon Goldson or Bowman on defense. He is one of the best returners in the entire NFL.

I wouldn't classify him in their league of import. People forget the other equation, the people up front who forms the wedges and stalls the gunners. Last year was one of his best if not the best as a returner not only because of him, but those around him also. Not saying his job is easy and easily replacable. Just that a lot of things will come down number crunchings and not wanting to lose a certain player. Otherwise, they would have locked him up b-4 f.a. if they didn't think he wasn't replaceable. After all, nobody else wanted him and he had to comback here.

I remember When Singlebraincell released Allen Rossum after Dre Bly's int fumble against the Falcons. I think that was the last time we had a good return man. We had awful, terrible returners from that point until we traded for Ginn. I don't ever want to see fumbled returns as the cause of our losses, as they were for years. People think Ginn is replaceable, I disagree. Kyle Williams is not an option. Neither are rooks. There may be one rookie returner a year that is worth starting...ie Patrick Peterson, Devin Hester, Josh Cribbs. They don't come around very often so you better damn well hold onto your guys if you have them.
  • mike
  • Veteran
I think you only learn by your mistakes and a big part of the reason KW f**ked up so badly was because he was thrown in a very high pressure situation with very little nfl punt return experience. He returned punts only 2 times in the regular season toward the end of the year. I like watching ginn return, he's electric, but at some point you have to let the young guys gain that game time experience. Plus he has got a ton to prove now so I'll be happy to see him move past his mistakes.

LJ also returned punts at Oregon and could be fun to watch too. Jenkins returned a few kicks but not punts.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I still get tears in my eyes when I think back at the game, I dont think there is anything Kyle can do to make me forgive him. Cant do it, wont do it

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I still get tears in my eyes when I think back at the game, I dont think there is anything Kyle can do to make me forgive him. Cant do it, wont do it

me as this play unflolded

We forced them to punt

me watching kyle williams not field the punt

me after seeing kyle williams decide he wants to try and return the f**kin ball after it was rolling on the ground

me when it touched his knee and the Giants recovered

me while the play was being challenged

me when the call was reversed in the Giants favor

Me every day since that game

^ LOL
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 9, 2012 at 4:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Psinex:
I remember When Singlebraincell released Allen Rossum after Dre Bly's int fumble against the Falcons. I think that was the last time we had a good return man. We had awful, terrible returners from that point until we traded for Ginn. I don't ever want to see fumbled returns as the cause of our losses, as they were for years. People think Ginn is replaceable, I disagree. Kyle Williams is not an option. Neither are rooks. There may be one rookie returner a year that is worth starting...ie Patrick Peterson, Devin Hester, Josh Cribbs. They don't come around very often so you better damn well hold onto your guys if you have them.

that pissed me off so bad. Think I went on a week long rant after they released Rossum. He was definitely the best return man and only reliable one we had at the time. I knew it was gonna kill us.