LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Countdown to Opening Day: 49ers @ Packers: 0 days!!!! It's Game Day!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
11 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
It's going to be vanilla this game..so we don't show anything for Detriot

sarcasm alert - high
lol...hopefully i can get everyone to prepare so the zone doesn't explode

I don't think many people on here are expecting a W against GB. The pick 'em has the Niners at 79%, but I think there's a lot of red & gold colored glasses looking at that game.

Or maybe some folks have faith in the team? I know it is an alien concept to some, but it is a common occurrence amongst fans on fan sites.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This game will be all about Alex vs Rodgers. Wonder how the zone will be if Rodgers do what he do and pummels us or clearly outplays Smith.
Wonder what the zone will say if we win but due to our running game and not passing and Rodgers lights it up but gets no help from his defense.
Wonder what the zone will say if Alex pulls a Phoenix.

At no point in this game will Smith and Rodgers be on the field at the same time, except at the coin toss maybe. Unless you are expecting the to go toe to toe in a brawl at midfield, it will most likely be Rodgers and his offense against our defense and Smith and our offense against a very suspect green bay d. Personally I give us about an even chance to win.
^ some folks have to insulate their delicate feelings from pain by going into every situation defeated already and bracing for a beatdown. They'll still scrounge up enough excitement over a win or conversely be all "I tolds ya so" in their strutting vent-mode after a defeat. Either scenario gives them some sense of a victory.

Oddly, what will always be missing? Is their shame over their words and expectations prior to and throughout the games.
So really there is no scenario where Smith comes out looking like they won because of him? If he balls it out and puts up 30 points and 300+ yards it will be because he faced a crappy Packers defense? If he wins via another 4th quarter comeback it was because our defense kept the score close? If he outplays Rodgers it's because Rodgers had to fight against a top 5 D and Alex faces a bottom of the league D?

sigh
Originally posted by BayArea:
So really there is no scenario where Smith comes out looking like they won because of him? If he balls it out and puts up 30 points and 300+ yards it will be because he faced a crappy Packers defense? If he wins via another 4th quarter comeback it was because our defense kept the score close? If he outplays Rodgers it's because Rodgers had to fight against a top 5 D and Alex faces a bottom of the league D?

sigh

Only to those usual suspects...mist of us understand that it will be a team effort win or lose.

sigh

you hit the nail right on the head
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

sigh

I don't think anyone feels that way..i hope not

sigh

This is how the East Coast Media will interpret it. Who care?! Wins are Wins. And Wins get you to the playoffs. I don't care if Alex struggles mightily or he has a career day. As long as we can escape Lambeau with a W, then I consider it a success!
I'm soooooo anxious and starting to HATE preseason/all the mindless overanalyzes by the media fans (myself included).

EVERY year, after week 1, everything that was discussed in preseason instantly becomes meaningless.

So it's time to start thinking about what really matters....

.....What I'm going to wear on Sept. 9th and what I'm going to cook and bring to the pre-game BBQ!!!
[ Edited by stillpans4gold on Aug 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM ]

sigh

This is how the East Coast Media will interpret it. Who care?! Wins are Wins. And Wins get you to the playoffs. I don't care if Alex struggles mightily or he has a career day. As long as we can escape Lambeau with a W, then I consider it a success!

I've come to expect and accept this this offseason. If we win the SB this year and Smith puts up huge numbers and puts together a 4th quarter winning drive, it'll get spun as others' success that allowed him to win. Honestly, as hard as it is to endure this fact, It makes me feel better knowing that lack of respect means under-prepared under-respected opponents.

If last year was Alex's first year, he'd be called "Elite", but I'm kind of enjoying the "Elite Manager" label. That's my new spin when talking about him... Yeah, the packers have an "Elite" QB, but what it takes in this league to sustain success is an "Elite Manager". Wouldn't you say Eli Manning and Big Ben are such? 4 of the last 7 SBs won by their teams.... just sayin'.
Will any of the talking-head Media members choose the 49ers to beat the Packers? Doubt it
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
s**t is getting real
GPS game.
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by mayo49:
11 days

woooooooooooooooo

Share 49ersWebzone