There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 49ers signed G Leonard Davis

Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Any reports on how he looked in practice today?

Fat.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Fat.

Link or it didn't happen.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Jonas Jennings part 2?

Or Larry Allen part 2.

Or neither.

Fun game.
How us this guy a career bust? He made 3 pro bowls...akili smith and Ryan leaf never made any pro bowls....those are career busts.... That being said I hope the young guy Boone beats him out, would give us a long term solution rather than a band-aid at guard
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
With Looney not being able to practice, I think this is a sign that they are going to redshirt him (PUP / IR). I like the pick and think he will be good eventually.

As for Davis, running to the right (with Iupati pulling to that side) is going to be epic. Imagine a DB or LB seeing A. Davis, L. Davis, and Iupati coming at them with a head of steam and evil intentions.

Or, since we have three Smiths, we needed 3 Davises

Love it...line VD on that side as the blocking TE and my God, just a wall of attitude coming at you with Hunter/Gore/LMJ/Jacobs following.
If your going to move a gigantic takle to guard (boone) why not bring in a gigantic guard to push him/ mentor him a little bit...if boones not ready we can start Leonard....win win situation
we use boone as starting G

use this guy on goaline situations
Maybe they brought in Davis to prove to the Zoners that -- yes-- 6'6-6'7 guys can play guard and played well.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Jonas Jennings part 2?

Or Larry Allen part 2.

Or neither.

Fun game.

I watched him played and gave up when someone sacks to Romo's QB "cowboys".. Leonard Davis is played well.. But i am not sure...
We don't want to get away from all of the clever pull blocks we run. Boone, if he's as quick now as I expect, would be excellent in this regard. I don't suspect that big Leonard will be able to pull block effectively. However it goes, can't hurt having LD in camp to compete.
Wait ...

This changes things a bit. If this is true, I have agree with doubters out there.

Jim Harbaugh said the plan was to give Davis practice repetitions at both right and left tackle.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/07/day-1-recap-cox-continues-to-impress-at-cornerback.html#storylink=cpy

Davis as a OG? Yes. As a back-up OT? Uh, well, I'm not so sure.
imagine jacobs running behind davis lol.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wait ...

This changes things a bit. If this is true, I have agree with doubters out there.

Jim Harbaugh said the plan was to give Davis practice repetitions at both right and left tackle.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/07/day-1-recap-cox-continues-to-impress-at-cornerback.html#storylink=cpy

I can't figure out anything we're trying to do at RG. I guess Harbaalke is trying everybody everywhere just to see who can do what.
But you're right, I can't imagine a 375lb Davis moving his behind fast enough to deal with DE's off the edge.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
imagine jacobs running behind davis lol.

which one?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wait ...

I can't figure out anything we're trying to do at RG. I guess Harbaalke is trying everybody everywhere just to see who can do what.
But you're right, I can't imagine a 375lb Davis moving his behind fast enough to deal with DE's off the edge.

Either that or he's flat out lying to the media.
Share 49erswebzone