There are 185 users in the forums

The 49ers signed G Leonard Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Jonas Jennings part 2?
walt harris part 2
And whats wrong with Rotties....LOL My Rottie would eat your lunch and then eat you for looking at her...
Originally posted by cciowa:
Jonas Jennings part 2?
walt harris part 2

Nice
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Jonas Jennings part 2?
walt harris part 2

Nice
thankyou. oir maybe he will fall in between the two. example we got a very good year out of larry allen and we actually got a very nice serviceable year out of issac bruce. if this guy helps to solidify the line untill some of the kids grow up or in the case of our draft pick with a broken foot,,, heal up,, its all good
This is a great signing. If his health holds up then I can't imagine him getting cut, thereby at the very least providing extra depth to the OL.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
He should be healthy and ready to rock and sock em on opening day

The guy is a beast, even if he is on the downside of his career, he is still better than a lot of the other available RG free agents, plus he is freakish strong and I'm sure Anthony Davis will have more confidence playing next to Davis and become even more of a mean nasty RT with big Leonard on his team

I like this move, it allows us to use Boone as an extra TE in the big packages, along with other options at blocking FB (Soap, Cowboy, Turk) ...this has the potential to be a very versatile offense , we can go BIG, or use Multiple receivers and use our speed, it's going to be a fun season watching our team smash some fools

This. Like he said, he was running normal drills with team members already, no problem. And losing 10-20 pounds when you are 370 over a few months is nothing for these guys. And he has the extra motivation to start...he just has to beat out Boone who's a light, converted T. With a line this size and if he can hold up and gain steam, our running game could be epic esp. with essentially 6 or 7 starting OL's. And let's be honest, he's a road grader so it's just a matter of picking the right angle and walling guys off and creating space inside. And when you face a guy like Suh, who would you rather have next to A. Davis? Boone or Davis? If Boone gets the nod he's going to really have to earn it which again, is best for the team AND he learns an additional position (even if he doesn't win it).

There is a lot of jumbo packages, short yardage packages, you can bring Boone in for sweeps to the left side, etc.
With Looney not being able to practice, I think this is a sign that they are going to redshirt him (PUP / IR). I like the pick and think he will be good eventually.

As for Davis, running to the right (with Iupati pulling to that side) is going to be epic. Imagine a DB or LB seeing A. Davis, L. Davis, and Iupati coming at them with a head of steam and evil intentions.

Or, since we have three Smiths, we needed 3 Davises
if nothing else gives us some depth at OG. I still think Boone is way more valuable as a Swing Tackle than as a OG.

Staley-Boone
Iupati-Looney
Goodwin-Slowey
Kilgore-L.Davis
A. Davis-Person/Hall
Jonas Jennings part 2?
walt harris part 2

Larry Allen
Any reports on how he looked in practice today?

Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Any reports on how he looked in practice today?

Fat.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Fat.

Link or it didn't happen.
Jonas Jennings part 2?

Or Larry Allen part 2.

Or neither.

Fun game.
How us this guy a career bust? He made 3 pro bowls...akili smith and Ryan leaf never made any pro bowls....those are career busts.... That being said I hope the young guy Boone beats him out, would give us a long term solution rather than a band-aid at guard
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
With Looney not being able to practice, I think this is a sign that they are going to redshirt him (PUP / IR). I like the pick and think he will be good eventually.

As for Davis, running to the right (with Iupati pulling to that side) is going to be epic. Imagine a DB or LB seeing A. Davis, L. Davis, and Iupati coming at them with a head of steam and evil intentions.

Or, since we have three Smiths, we needed 3 Davises

Love it...line VD on that side as the blocking TE and my God, just a wall of attitude coming at you with Hunter/Gore/LMJ/Jacobs following.
Share 49ersWebzone