LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

2012 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Redeemer:
Vernon needed Sing. Perhaps Moss will play that role for Crabs and open his eyes.

That makes a lot of sense. But it may come down to being completely healthy and having other targets along side him so the opposing defenses don't double him. I'm hoping for our first 1000+ yd season in a long while.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN #49ers OC Greg Roman: "Alex Boone, as of right now Is winning the right guard job." Roman pleased with Boone's first preseason game

Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN Unsolicited, Roman pointed out that @VernonDavis85 is having a "great" camp. "Can't say enough about Vernon Davis.". #49ers

Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN Roman; "He is a unique player who is really dialing in on the details of things...Vernon is really coming into his own as a player." #49ers

Gotta love VD dude has really become a true super star.

That's my dude. Really happy with how he has developed and matured. I think that he and Smith will be running things this season.

Its that inner desire to be great Jerry had it, Pat has it, VD has it. Sadly to Crabs does not have it.
I dont want to turn this into a Crabs thread, but this is what I mean when I say dude doesn't have the heart of a champion. Its not that he doesn't work hard, but truly elite players do that extra that others dont. They have a unquenchable drive to get better. Justin Smith is another example of this. I just dont see it in Crabtree, so I dont think he'll ever be great and thats not what you want from a top ten pick.

Vernon needed Sing. Perhaps Moss will play that role for Crabs and open his eyes.

It also takes time to come out. People were not posting like this about Vernon until fairly recently. Bust was a more frequently used description for several years. Not unlike Crabtree.

Not all players develop immediately.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Demarcus Dobbs in coverage, not impressed.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

That's CB Purvis. I think Dobbs is also #40 but his jersey is black.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

Originally posted by FL9er:

i bet you playboy has her 18th birthday circled.
i sure as hell do
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by FL9er:

i bet you playboy has her 18th birthday circled.
i sure as hell do

What make you think she's not circling Playboy on her 18th birthday...

Could be conditioning for his new role, getting his hips and balance to switch directions fluently ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM ]

I want to see these throws come game time
Originally posted by English:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN #49ers OC Greg Roman: "Alex Boone, as of right now Is winning the right guard job." Roman pleased with Boone's first preseason game

Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN Unsolicited, Roman pointed out that @VernonDavis85 is having a "great" camp. "Can't say enough about Vernon Davis.". #49ers

Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN Roman; "He is a unique player who is really dialing in on the details of things...Vernon is really coming into his own as a player." #49ers

That's my dude. Really happy with how he has developed and matured. I think that he and Smith will be running things this season.

Its that inner desire to be great Jerry had it, Pat has it, VD has it. Sadly to Crabs does not have it.
I dont want to turn this into a Crabs thread, but this is what I mean when I say dude doesn't have the heart of a champion. Its not that he doesn't work hard, but truly elite players do that extra that others dont. They have a unquenchable drive to get better. Justin Smith is another example of this. I just dont see it in Crabtree, so I dont think he'll ever be great and thats not what you want from a top ten pick.

It also takes time to come out. People were not posting like this about Vernon until fairly recently. Bust was a more frequently used description for several years. Not unlike Crabtree.

Incredible how VD has evolved over the first half of his career. I guess that does give me hope with Crabs. Crabs is just so.... prissy. Like, can't see the dude enjoying a fishing trip with Willis and Moss(Oh geez, I could totally go off an a hole fishing tangent, but I'll just say I like Moss a lot more since hearing he's a fisherman).

I completely agree, VC has turned into a complete superstar. Playoff performance cemented that.Honestly, with all the focus on our new receivers/running backs, he'll be a little more free to roam this season, I expect him to have a better year statistically than last year.

I'll even say this, most complete offensive superstar to ware a 49er jersey since Rice.

Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

Incredible how VD has evolved over the first half of his career. I guess that does give me hope with Crabs. Crabs is just so.... prissy. Like, can't see the dude enjoying a fishing trip with Willis and Moss(Oh geez, I could totally go off an a hole fishing tangent, but I'll just say I like Moss a lot more since hearing he's a fisherman).

I completely agree, VC has turned into a complete superstar. Playoff performance cemented that.Honestly, with all the focus on our new receivers/running backs, he'll be a little more free to roam this season, I expect him to have a better year statistically than last year.

I'll even say this, most complete offensive superstar to ware a 49er jersey since Rice.

Even if Gore?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

Even if Gore?

I thought about that. I guess my definition of complete superstar would include two things VD has over Gore: Clutch playoff performance and Media Savvy. VD, especially last year, had some great post game interviews and quotes.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This gets me very EXCITE !!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/71690/camp-confidential-49ers-2

This gets me very EXCITE !!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/71690/camp-confidential-49ers-2

Yep!!!

With all the hype surrounding the "new toys" on offense, Smith did his (very limited) part even without them during the first drive of our first preseason game. Smith is in the drivers seat now.... Extremely excite to see how week look week 1. 24 days... F' preseason. Last year we needed 2 months worth, this year it looks like we're ready to roll after 1 week.

NINERS!
I just watched the game put together by Whomeam, awesome job BTW.

Chris Owusu is a legit NFL player. Mark my words. If he doesn't make this team, he will not make our practice squad. And, he will be starting for someone...granted hopefully he doesn't get another concussion...geez that dude is a baller
Share 49ersWebzone