There are 211 users in the forums

2012 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
now the block made by staley on the smith run vs the saints.. that was a block!(i think it was staley?)

actually, Staley missed the block and tripped the guy with his feet. it was actually illegal and he luckily didnt get caught
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Why do people think KW is untouchable? What has he done in two years to make people think he is the next big thing? He had 1 more catch and 20 more yards than Ginn last year who people on this board say he's the worst WR on the team. He's a 5th string WR who can't handle return duties and has a history of injuries. The only reason he beat out RoJo was because RoJo had a major case of the dropsies last year in TC. If we were looking at options at QB even after Alex's "breakout" year then certainly a WR who only sniffed the field because of injuries wouldn't be safe. His name is Kyle Williams not victor Cruz.

Please see Post #157. Your comparison of KW andGinn should also include that Ginn played in 351 offensive snaps during the season while KW played in only 278 (Link to a Matt Barrows Sacramento Bee blog).
Originally posted by THEB:
actually, Staley missed the block and tripped the guy with his feet. it was actually illegal and he luckily didnt get caught

That's definitely NOT what I see when I watch this play. I see a great downfield cut-block.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

That's definitely NOT what I see when I watch this play. I see a great downfield cut-block.

i wouldn't call it great or text book, but it got the job done..nothing illegal about it
To see Staley charging so well down field was great for me.. definitely nothing illegal, as he threw himself out there and 42 stumbled over big Joe.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

i wouldn't call it great or text book, but it got the job done..nothing illegal about it

Yeah, Staley managed to laid himself out in front of the guy's feet then the dude tripped over his thigh. Not sure if that's even a block. Kinda weak for someone who block for a living. But it was effective nonetheless.
Niner3030, we can argue about this all day in the end our opinions won't change. You think he's not very good and won't make the team, I think he has a lot of potential and will make the team. Agree to disagree.

I would argue some more but I'm posting on a iPhone, typing long arguments is annoying.

Go 49ers!
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/07/faster-feet-kaepernick-focusing-on-footwork-as-camp-approaches.html#storylink=cpy

Kaepernick today said that footwork is his biggest focus as the 49ers prepare to open TC later this week. Kaepernick is at the center of one of the more intriguing camp battles on the largely settled 49ers roster as he tries to fend off Josh Johnson and Scott Tolzien to be the chief backup to Alex Smith. "I just want to keep working on my feet, getting my feet (together) quicker, getting through reads quicker," Kaepernick said. "Just taking pressure off the OL and getting the ball out of my hands." While most veterans don't report until Thursday, the 49ers QBs, rookies and a few other selected veterans are permitted to get a head start this week. All four of the QBs have reported, and they've been throwing to rookie wideouts A.J. Jenkins, Chris Owusu, Nathan Palmer and Brian Tyms. Delanie Walker, Konrad Reuland, Brent Celek and Kyle Nelson also are getting a head start this week.

Good to hear CK7 is showing that high effort we heard about. Also glad to hear that Alex is there.. thought I read earlier that he wouldn't be in for another week, but better that he can get in some early work too.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/07/faster-feet-kaepernick-focusing-on-footwork-as-camp-approaches.html#storylink=cpy

Kaepernick today said that footwork is his biggest focus as the 49ers prepare to open TC later this week. Kaepernick is at the center of one of the more intriguing camp battles on the largely settled 49ers roster as he tries to fend off Josh Johnson and Scott Tolzien to be the chief backup to Alex Smith. "I just want to keep working on my feet, getting my feet (together) quicker, getting through reads quicker," Kaepernick said. "Just taking pressure off the OL and getting the ball out of my hands." While most veterans don't report until Thursday, the 49ers QBs, rookies and a few other selected veterans are permitted to get a head start this week. All four of the QBs have reported, and they've been throwing to rookie wideouts A.J. Jenkins, Chris Owusu, Nathan Palmer and Brian Tyms. Delanie Walker, Konrad Reuland, Brent Celek and Kyle Nelson also are getting a head start this week.

Good to hear CK7 is showing that high effort we heard about. Also glad to hear that Alex is there.. thought I read earlier that he wouldn't be in for another week, but better that he can get in some early work too.

good stuff to hear..man the season is almost here
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yeah, Staley managed to laid himself out in front of the guy's feet then the dude tripped over his thigh. Not sure if that's even a block. Kinda weak for someone who block for a living. But it was effective nonetheless.

Really guys? Not a good block?

Effective is as effective does. That's was a classic down-the-field cut-block. The speed, the concentration and technique receive high marks especially since it paved the way for Alex Smith's TD.

One of the best blocks I've seen down field by any lineman in any era.

But, I'm a Staley groupie so I'm biased.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
ok, right
Kaepernick said that new offseason rules prevented him from throwing passes to his teammates during workouts at team headquarters in Santa Clara. So they would merely retire to a park a mile or so from the practice facility.

Kaepernick declined to identify his targets during those park outings, but second-round pick LaMichael James likely took part. James dropped by Kaepernick's place regularly during the offseason where the two would go over the playbook. James missed most of the offseason practices because classes at theUniversity of Oregon were still in session.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/07/faster-feet-kaepernick-focusing-on-footwork-as-camp-approaches.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cp.

Thank you Matt for putting it out there in the media. Maybe now the NFL will have to pay attention to what the Niners are circumventing

Originally posted by oldman9er:

good stuff to hear..man the season is almost here

Can't wait
Originally posted by mustangmele:
For those of you who are into aesthetics and design the new nike uniforms are now being used in camp.I like how the pants pay homage to the originals and the hue is similar to the tan look as opposed to the yellowish look.

http://prod.images.49ers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/49ERS/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2012/07-July/tempIMG_2784--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.49ers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/49ERS/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2012/07-July/tempIMG_2789--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.49ers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/49ERS/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2012/07-July/tempIMG_2790--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.49ers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/49ERS/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2012/07-July/tempIMG_2792--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Originally posted by cciowa:
now the block made by staley on the smith run vs the saints.. that was a block!(i think it was staley?)

LMFAO he didnt miss it you serious?
Share 49ersWebzone