There are 261 users in the forums

2012 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
You have yet to respond to the statements made by Jim Harbaugh the head coach of the SF 49ers. Sounds a lot like the fans who said Alex wont be back when Harbaugh first came and said he likes Alex.

How's he supposed to respond to that question when KW is still on the team? You honestly think Harbaugh is going to respond a question about KW, with "Well since he blew the NFCC he won't be returning punts anymore."

Easy. He would say we have a good group of tough young men ready to battle for that position and that's what training camp is for finding out who is the best at any given position.
Not sure how the question was asked, the response would vary in wording but basically it's not that hard to answer. The fact that he went out of his way to make a statement that he likes KW as the back up returner speaks volumes but you would have to take out your I hate KW ear plugs to hear it.
The fact that Jeddy said KW is his breakout player of the year also speaks volumes. He is in contact with both Harbaugh and Trent he knows how both feel about KW, I'm sure they all sat down and discussed what to do about him, I do not think he would tweet that if he thought or knew(like you do) that KW wouldn't make the team.
[ Edited by AlohaBruh on Jul 24, 2012 at 1:39 AM ]
Life is all about redemtion. I hope kw has a good year if he's able to make the team.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Still upset that Kyle Williams is still on the team at this point. If he stays he stays but I don't want to go through all of preseason with it up in the air whether not he's gone.

We need camp bodies, no need to cut him at this point. His day of reckoning will come...

You dont cut a quality talent just because they had a horrible game. Even if that game is the NFC championship. Thank god none of you are not the GM for this team.

If you get up one morning and your car doesnt start do you throw it away? No you send it to a damn mechanic because a car has a lot invested in it.

You invest in players the same way.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
You dont cut a quality talent just because they had a horrible game. Even if that game is the NFC championship. Thank god none of you are not the GM for this team.

If you get up one morning and your car doesnt start do you throw it away? No you send it to a damn mechanic because a car has a lot invested in it.

Philly....
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Philly....

All of us are GMs all of the time! ...and we thought the dingleberry years were bad
You have yet to respond to the statements made by Jim Harbaugh the head coach of the SF 49ers. Sounds a lot like the fans who said Alex wont be back when Harbaugh first came and said he likes Alex.

How's he supposed to respond to that question when KW is still on the team? You honestly think Harbaugh is going to respond a question about KW, with "Well since he blew the NFCC he won't be returning punts anymore."

Easy. He would say we have a good group of tough young men ready to battle for that position and that's what training camp is for finding out who is the best at any given position.
Not sure how the question was asked, the response would vary in wording but basically it's not that hard to answer. The fact that he went out of his way to make a statement that he likes KW as the back up returner speaks volumes but you would have to take out your I hate KW ear plugs to hear it.
The fact that Jeddy said KW is his breakout player of the year also speaks volumes. He is in contact with both Harbaugh and Trent he knows how both feel about KW, I'm sure they all sat down and discussed what to do about him, I do not think he would tweet that if he thought or knew(like you do) that KW wouldn't make the team.

Whether or not I like KW or not doesn't change the fact that he's a below average WR. I haven't seen anyone make an argument that he's anything better. Harbaugh was asked specifically as KW and you know as well as I do that anything less would have been seen as throwing KW under the bus. That statement doesn't speak volumes because he didn't go out of his way to make it, he was asked a specific question. And Jed also guaranteed a NFC West championship in a season where we started 0-5. Part of Jed's job is to be a PR guy for the 49ers. Anything Jed says has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Philly....

As a GM for this team I would say the 49ers don't have a lot invested in KW and even before the car didn't start one morning, it was already a crappy car.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
As a GM for this team I would say the 49ers don't have a lot invested in KW and even before the car didn't start one morning, it was already a crappy car.

Hop off the wagon dude. If it wasnt for the KYLE WILLIAMS block on the DE when Alex ran for that touchdown vs the saints, we would have never even made it to the NFCCG. He is a GOOD player and he will be on the team this year and probably many more years.

how do you explain the 18 cars on my neighbors lawn then?

Originally posted by 99problems:

You live next door to some rednecks or Mexicans?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Who ever they are ..looks like their investments weren't that great
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Maybe they have a shadetree mechanic in the house?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Still upset that Kyle Williams is still on the team at this point. If he stays he stays but I don't want to go through all of preseason with it up in the air whether not he's gone.
there is no reason to cut him. he has worked hard and if the season started today would be fourth maybe third wide out on the team. other than something that happened in a football game played months ago which is meaningless now what is the reason to cut him? he will lose his job if someone else outplays him in practice and pre season and that is the way it should be . I am sorry this does not fit the agenda of some posters but you will have to take that up with the head coach
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Maybe they have a shadetree mechanic in the house?

business must be good
Share 49ersWebzone