There are 140 users in the forums

Thoughts on injuries for 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A lot of concern about this....."we were lucky last year, we will not be lucky again this year."

I'll tell you what....we weren't lucky last year!!

People are judging injuries by lack of a big # of injured players, but FFS the injuries to Morgan, Delanie, and Ginn at the end really killed us when it mattered.

Granted it would not have been great playing in the playoffs without all of our defensive players healthy but a part of me thinks you don't want to have an unfortunate situation of an already meager unit hurt even more. As a reminder to everyone, save for Morgan, our receiving corps was probably at it's peak in the first Giants game and what a difference that was (with Gore injured to boot).

I just can't see a repeat of what happened last year to our receiving corps. Let's just pray the OL stays in tact along with our WRs....defense and ST will always find a way to pick up the slack in a worst case scenario.

The only time I want to see Brett Swain is in the preseason or garbage time in a blow out!
/thread nao !

really man on the eve of Camp
strength and conditioning coaches and the training staff got our guys ready. Uyamama??, been hearing great things about that guy. all that strength and conditioning work prevents injuries. I couldnt believe it when i heard that Jacobs never did squats. A professional football player...not doing one of the best lifts...
I agree w/Sinsation, the strength & conditioning had a lot to do with it. Also, throw in some luck.
this thread wreaks of bad juju
Im sick and tired of all these so called "analyst" saying we won't be as good as last year because we won't be so lucky with injuries this year. Dumbest statement of the year.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
A lot of concern about this....."we were lucky last year, we will not be lucky again this year."

People are judging injuries by lack of a big # of injured players, but FFS the injuries to Morgan, Delanie, and Ginn at the end really killed us when it mattered.

Granted it would not have been great playing in the playoffs without all of our defensive players healthy but a part of me thinks you don't want to have an unfortunate situation of an already meager unit hurt even more. As a reminder to everyone, save for Morgan, our receiving corps was probably at it's peak in the first Giants game and what a difference that was (with Gore injured to boot).

I just can't see a repeat of what happened last year to our receiving corps. Let's just pray the OL stays in tact along with our WRs....defense and ST will always find a way to pick up the slack in a worst case scenario.

The only time I want to see Brett Swain is in the preseason or garbage time in a blow out!

+1, and Brett Swain better not come close to being on this team w/ the talent we now have at WR (including Practice Squad candidates). Couldn't agree more with what you said about how key those three injuries were for us (Morgan, Walker, and Ginn), especially at the end. These so-called "analysts" are not mentioning that very important point in saying we were lucky with injuries last year. Not to make excuses for the lack of production on offense during that last Giants game, but can you believe we really only rolled out Crabtree and Williams at the WR position? I know Swain was in there, but he was just taking up space.
Aaron Sh*tz Outsider lol
all our injuries were at one position last year- WR

just unfortunate it all had to be at one position but we got pretty lucky with injury bug last year

but then again we usually dont get a lot of injuries on our tean

short of rocky bernard jumping on alexs shoulder he is extremely durable

and other than that jow staley is the only one who has missed multiple games in past

also crabtree had a chronic part that stopped him from practicing but it looks like thats fully ealed now

Originally posted by 99problems:

Is very bad steal Jobu's rum.
... Is very bad.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Haha, Swain doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making the 53 man roster
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

now we're screwed. Thanks a lot bud.

4-12 fo sho
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Im sick and tired of all these so called "analyst" saying we won't be as good as last year because we won't be so lucky with injuries this year. Dumbest statement of the year.

dont know how to word this but if we get injuries in the right positions: RB, WRs . . . we should have good cover.

No injuries is best doe.
Share 49ersWebzone