LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

2012 NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Imo Seattle will be a big threat this year. I see both the 49ers and Seahawks making the playoffs.

who is starting at QB?

Matt Flynn, thats why they'll b a threat

Originally posted by Psinex:
I think Seattle's defense has potential to be a top 5 unit. Qb is obviously the biggest question mark. I think its a lazy evaluation to just write off Flynn as Cassel or Kolb 2.0. I think they can manage him similarly to how we used Alex and the Bengals used Dalton. He will at least be a moderate upgrade from TJackson which combined with their defense and running game will be enough to make them a very tough team. Probably unrelated to next year but Russel Wilson is also a future stud imo.

A top five unit? While they have an above average secondary with an outstanding free safety, outside of Leroy Hill can you name any of their linebackers? Their run defense is very soft at times. They are tough to beat when they play at home because it's hard to get plays in on offense, but I think you're overrating them as a whole.

Yeah.. just having a good secondary doesnt mean they're top 5. Especially if the NFC West offenses are getting better at throwing the ball too.They do have some solid people on their D-Line but LB is something they are building with their rookie from last year KJ Wright. They also drafted a pass rusher with super potential. But they are still 2-3 years away from a top 5 D. They wont even hit top 10 this year. BOOK IT. Playing against the AFC East and NFC North along with a revitalized NFC West, their defense will look stupid at times, especially being coached from PC.

I think T-Jack is still the best QB in that team. He has tremendous arm strength and heart for the game. He can also make plays with his feet too. He just needs to learn how to be conservative at times.
Imo Seattle will be a big threat this year. I see both the 49ers and Seahawks making the playoffs.

who is starting at QB?

49ers:16-0
Seahawks: 0-16
Cards: 0-16
Rams: 0-16

All the other teams are so bad, that they are gonna lose to eachother in all of their meetings. No ties, just a big fat giant lose fest. Niners beat the Ravens in the superbowl 49-0.

Book it.
49ers: 11-5
Seahawks: 8-8 (tie-breaker over Cardinals)
Cardinals: 8-8
Rams: 6-10
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
49ers:16-0
Seahawks: 0-16
Cards: 0-16
Rams: 0-16

All the other teams are so bad, that they are gonna lose to eachother in all of their meetings. No ties, just a big fat giant lose fest. Niners beat the Ravens in the superbowl 49-0.

Book it.

49-3 he will at least let the brother get a garbage time FG
a lot of people are fooling themselves. there is a reason no team has been able to stay on top of this division for very long, the NFC West has proven to be a very volatile division.

The Cards have many of the same pieces from their Super Bowl team, including the head coach and their best player(s) on offense and defense, sans Warner. If Kolb can play they have the pieces surrounding him to contend. Perimeter weapons, players in their backfield, a good improving Defense, and the best return man in the Division.

The Seahawks are on the come-up. Their Secondary is filthy and in a division devoid of top QBs they could be the 2nd most dominant unit in the NFC West, other than our front 7 of course. Jackson can at the very least function at the QB spot as was proven last year. If one of their 3 signal callers prove capable of improving that spot (a theme in this division) they too will be very dangerous.

The Rams by all accounts are a year away, but with Fisher and Bradford, they project a very stable foundation, and are seemingly building their team from the ground up.

It is certainly not a foregone conclusion that we are repeating this season, it won't be won just by showing up. With a first play schedule to deal with, winning inside our division will be more important than ever.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

who is starting at QB?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/24/tarvaris-jackson-seahawks-starter/

According to a report from ESPN's John Clayton, Flynn has shown "nothing special" so far in the Seahawks' minicamp, meaning that Jackson will enter the team's full training camp as the team's starter

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
a lot of people are fooling themselves. there is a reason no team has been able to stay on top of this division for very long, the NFC West has proven to be a very volatile division.

The Cards have many of the same pieces from their Super Bowl team, including the head coach and their best player(s) on offense and defense, sans Warner. If Kolb can play they have the pieces surrounding him to contend. Perimeter weapons, players in their backfield, a good improving Defense, and the best return man in the Division.

The Seahawks are on the come-up. Their Secondary is filthy and in a division devoid of top QBs they could be the 2nd most dominant unit in the NFC West, other than our front 7 of course. Jackson can at the very least function at the QB spot as was proven last year. If one of their 3 signal callers prove capable of improving that spot (a theme in this division) they too will be very dangerous.

The Rams by all accounts are a year away, but with Fisher and Bradford, they project a very stable foundation, and are seemingly building their team from the ground up.

It is certainly not a foregone conclusion that we are repeating this season, it won't be won just by showing up. With a first play schedule to deal with, winning inside our division will be more important than ever.

this is definitely a talented division for the next few years. not gonna deny that.

we SHOULD still win it next season (and i wouldn't be surprised if it went down to the last few games)...... but 2013 is gonna be crazy i think
According to a report from ESPN's John Clayton, Flynn has shown "nothing special" so far in the Seahawks' minicamp, meaning that Jackson will enter the team's full training camp as the team's starter

That's what I like to hear! IMO, Russell Wilson is the biggest threat to the 49ers because he has the highest potential of their QBs.

The best QB in the rest of our division is Sam Bradford and his line can't protect him for s**t, probably be hurt by week 3.
Marshawn Lynch arrested in Oakland for DUI over the weekend . . .

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_21089867/nfl-star-oakland-tech-grad-marshawn-lynch-arrested?refresh=no
Originally posted by denali22:
But they are still 2-3 years away from a top 5 D. They wont even hit top 10 this year. BOOK IT.

They were top 10 last year? Are you BOOKING that they regress?
Originally posted by 99problems:
49-3 he will at least let the brother get a garbage time FG

Harbaugh won't end a season long pointless streak just because it's his brother.

Undefeated? That's nothing.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

You wanna know why you can bet your mortgage that the Niners win the West? The following is the entire list of guys of the 270 players currently on the Rams', Cards', and Seahawks' roster that would be starters on the Niners:

Larry Fitzgerald

That's it.

Not too mention we have a way superior coaching staff than the other 3 teams. I'd bet anyone that each of the other 3 teams will have losing records in 2012, would probably even give odds too lol.
Share 49ersWebzone