LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

2012 NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners420:
You wanna know why you can bet your mortgage that the Niners win the West? The following is the entire list of guys of the 270 players currently on the Rams', Cards', and Seahawks' roster that would be starters on the Niners:

Larry Fitzgerald

That's it.

Not too mention we have a way superior coaching staff than the other 3 teams. I'd bet anyone that each of the other 3 teams will have losing records in 2012, would probably even give odds too lol.

Disagree with just Fitzgerald...

Earl Thomas (Dashon Goldson), Chris Clemons / Calais Cambell (Ray MacDonald), Patrick Peterson / Brandon Browner (Tarell Brown)
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Earl Thomas (Dashon Goldson), Chris Clemons / Calais Cambell (Ray MacDonald), Patrick Peterson / Brandon Browner (Tarell Brown)

I'll take Goldson over that shrimp Thomas, especially behind our front 7 where he can just use his 6'2" frame and long arms and viciousness to play centerfield. A lot of people read too much into Thomas' tackle total - that's just because their front 7 is terrible. But I guess with Thomas we'd just play Goldson at SS. Chris Clemons as a 240 lb 3-4 DE? No chance. He also doesn't play the run well and McDonald had nearly as many sacks (if you count playoffs) despite that not even being his main job compared to Clemons who that's all he's supposed to do. MAYBE Campbell over McDonald. Peterson ain't that great of a corner yet, his impact was mostly made as a returner. I'll take Brown over Browner. Dude was absolutely elite in the 2nd half of the season and playoffs.

Bottom line is Fitzgerald would be the only slam dunk, and there are only a couple others that are even debatable, that's pretty damn good!
[ Edited by niners420 on Jul 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM ]

I'll take Goldson over that shrimp Thomas, especially behind our front 7 where he can just use his 6'2" frame and long arms and viciousness to play centerfield. A lot of people read too much into Thomas' tackle total - that's just because their front 7 is terrible. But I guess with Thomas we'd just play Goldson at SS. Chris Clemons as a 240 lb 3-4 DE? No chance. Peterson ain't that great of a corner yet, his impact was mostly made as a returner. I'll take Brown over Browner. Dude was absolutely elite in the 2nd half of the season and playoffs.

Bottom line is Fitzgerald would be the only slam dunk, and there are only a couple others that are even debatable, that's pretty damn good!

I'll take Goldson over that shrimp Thomas, especially behind our front 7 where he can just use his 6'2" frame and long arms and viciousness to play centerfield. A lot of people read too much into Thomas' tackle total - that's just because their front 7 is terrible. But I guess with Thomas we'd just play Goldson at SS. Chris Clemons as a 240 lb 3-4 DE? No chance. He also doesn't play the run well and McDonald had nearly as many sacks (if you count playoffs) despite that not even being his main job compared to Clemons who that's all he's supposed to do. MAYBE Campbell over McDonald. Peterson ain't that great of a corner yet, his impact was mostly made as a returner. I'll take Brown over Browner. Dude was absolutely elite in the 2nd half of the season and playoffs.

id take earl thomas over goldson

he is a star in the making
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Earl at FS move Goldson to SS
  • fly15
  • Veteran

not to mention S. Bradford
Originally posted by fly15:

no

I'll take Goldson over that shrimp Thomas, especially behind our front 7 where he can just use his 6'2" frame and long arms and viciousness to play centerfield. A lot of people read too much into Thomas' tackle total - that's just because their front 7 is terrible. But I guess with Thomas we'd just play Goldson at SS. Chris Clemons as a 240 lb 3-4 DE? No chance. Peterson ain't that great of a corner yet, his impact was mostly made as a returner. I'll take Brown over Browner. Dude was absolutely elite in the 2nd half of the season and playoffs.

Chris Long from STL is pretty beastly too. I'd definately take patrick peterson over ginn as a PR/KR. Damn, its crazy how stacked our team is! Even our damn kicker/punters are no match..for the entire NFL! not just our division!
Originally posted by fly15:

seriously hope you are trying to be funny cause that boy flat out sucks
Bump!

Now that the Cardinals are one big train wreck, how does the division look.

This is how I think it will go:

49ers: 11-5 (I think we will be a better team this year, but a more difficult schedule, injuries, and less luck will equate to 11-5)
Seahakws: 9-7 (The Seahawks have been very impressive so far this preseason. With the exception of TO, their QBs are finding targets and moving the chains. The Seahawks are definitely the biggest threat at this point.)
Rams: 6-10 (Slight improvement from last year, still lack of weapons and lack-luster defense means losing season)
Cardinals: 4-12 (It looks really bad there. Bad QB play, bad O-line play, bad secondary play, bad coaching. And to think, Pete Prisco picked them to win the division )

What say you?

Bump!

49ers: 11-5 (I think we will be a better team this year, but a more difficult schedule, injuries, and less luck will equate to 11-5)
Seahakws: 9-7 (The Seahawks have been very impressive so far this preseason. With the exception of TO, their QBs are finding targets and moving the chains. The Seahawks are definitely the biggest threat at this point.)
Rams: 6-10 (Slight improvement from last year, still lack of weapons and lack-luster defense means losing season)
Cardinals: 4-12 (It looks really bad there. Bad QB play, bad O-line play, bad secondary play, bad coaching. And to think, Pete Prisco picked them to win the division )

What say you?

I say the whole NFCW looks turrible right now
49ers - 10-6
Rams - 8-8
Hawks - 7-9
Cards - 5-11
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Bump!

What say you?

I say the whole NFCW looks turrible right now

Looks like Flynn won't even be starting according to ESPN a bit again (Adam). Most likely the rookie...
Serious question, though...how many guys from the 3 other nfc west teams would start on the niners (other than fitzgerald)?
Serious question, though...how many guys from the 3 other nfc west teams would start on the niners (other than fitzgerald)?

Maybe a couple of guys in Seattle's secondary and Fitz
Share 49ersWebzone