LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

2012 NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ok, im sure we all foresee the niners winning the nfc west, but how will the 2-4 spots fill out? i wouldnt be surprised by any order, i think the rams, cards, and seahawks will all be picking in the top 10 in the 2013 draft
I am expecting it to closely resemble this...

49ers - 11-5
Hawks - 9-7
Cards - 7-9
Rams - 6-10

.. but yeah, pretty hard to predict how the other 3 teams will do. All have potentially strong defenses, but all have some real question marks at QB, WR, +/or OL.

We clearly have the #1 defense and special teams but the other three teams have very good and improving defenses. So the key question IMO is how will the offenses do?

Arizona has system continuity, the best perimeter weapon in the league, hurting RB's, a suspect o-line, and who knows at QB.

Seattle has system continuity, inexperienced WR's, the Skittle muncher, an average o-line and another who knows at QB.

St. Louis has a new system, inexperienced WR's, Stephen Jackson, a HORRID o-line and Sam Bradford at QB.

It's really hard to figure who will emerge from that pack but I suspect it will be Seattle but I doubt there will be a lot of separation between the three.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jul 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM ]
The seahawks are slowly trying to mimic our offense. They have two solid TE's, a solid runningback and a young OL. They have a big question mark at QB and a "potential" playmaker in sidney rice. On defense they have stout defensive backs, a decent d-line and young players at LB. They are a run-first team, with the only threats in the vertical game being rice and two TE's. They will win 7 games. 8 at the most.

Arizona has fitzgerald...aaand thats it. Defensively they have some decent guys in every position. They are a passing team, although they DO have some talent at the RB position. But they're always injured. They have a terrible oline, which spells disaster for any offense. They will depend on their D to keep them in games, and if all fails, just throw it to fitz. I see 6 wins possibly 7.

St. Louis is revitalized and I think we'll see a more potent offense. Steven Jackson is slowly wearing down, but still a top RB in this league. New WR's and Sam Bradford should be interesting, otherwise he's on the hot seat. Coach Fisher brought in Courtland Finnegan (great move) at CB. They also have a SUPER underrated DE in Chris Long (easily the #2 DE in the division). With their young linebackers, they will slowly build talent over the next couple years. They will put up some fights this year, but not enough to fight for the division title. I also see anywhere from 5-7 wins.

San Francisco had the best defense in the NFL last year. And we have everyone back again, which should only enhance it further. This defense can win 5 games on its OWN. Alex Smith is back from last year with the best season of his NFL career, and threw a league low 5 INTS. Gore also had his 2nd best season, and crabtree had one if his best seasons as well. We have the 2nd best TE duo in the league (behind the pats) and talent at WR with our #1 crabtree, moss (HOF WR), superbowl winning WR in manningham, a 1st round pick in AJ Jenkins, and so on. Add in some fantastic depth at RB with Gore, Hunter, and LMJ (one of the most explosive RBs to ever come out of college) along with the superbowl winning bulldozer in brandon jacobs behind some probowler and YOUNG offensive line, the sky is litteraly the limit for this team. Anything less than 11 wins would be a fluke. And 11 wins is VERY generous. 14 wins might be legit.
Imo Seattle will be a big threat this year. I see both the 49ers and Seahawks making the playoffs.
Seattle
Cards
Rams

All getting better w/good defenses.

Not sure about their special teams.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Imo Seattle will be a big threat this year. I see both the 49ers and Seahawks making the playoffs.

I don't. I think Carroll will get fired.

who is starting at QB?

Hahahaha only 1 of these teams is making the playoffs this year.....need I say who
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I don't. I think Carroll will get fired.

Harbaugh will be mad if Carroll gets canned.

Originally posted by denali22:
The seahawks are slowly trying to mimic our offense. They have two solid TE's, a solid runningback and a young OL. They have a big question mark at QB and a "potential" playmaker in sidney rice. On defense they have stout defensive backs, a decent d-line and young players at LB. They are a run-first team, with the only threats in the vertical game being rice and two TE's. They will win 7 games. 8 at the most.

Arizona has fitzgerald...aaand thats it. Defensively they have some decent guys in every position. They are a passing team, although they DO have some talent at the RB position. But they're always injured. They have a terrible oline, which spells disaster for any offense. They will depend on their D to keep them in games, and if all fails, just throw it to fitz. I see 6 wins possibly 7.

St. Louis is revitalized and I think we'll see a more potent offense. Steven Jackson is slowly wearing down, but still a top RB in this league. New WR's and Sam Bradford should be interesting, otherwise he's on the hot seat. Coach Fisher brought in Courtland Finnegan (great move) at CB. They also have a SUPER underrated DE in Chris Long (easily the #2 DE in the division). With their young linebackers, they will slowly build talent over the next couple years. They will put up some fights this year, but not enough to fight for the division title. I also see anywhere from 5-7 wins.

San Francisco had the best defense in the NFL last year. And we have everyone back again, which should only enhance it further. This defense can win 5 games on its OWN. Alex Smith is back from last year with the best season of his NFL career, and threw a league low 5 INTS. Gore also had his 2nd best season, and crabtree had one if his best seasons as well. We have the 2nd best TE duo in the league (behind the pats) and talent at WR with our #1 crabtree, moss (HOF WR), superbowl winning WR in manningham, a 1st round pick in AJ Jenkins, and so on. Add in some fantastic depth at RB with Gore, Hunter, and LMJ (one of the most explosive RBs to ever come out of college) along with the superbowl winning bulldozer in brandon jacobs behind some probowler and YOUNG offensive line, the sky is litteraly the limit for this team. Anything less than 11 wins would be a fluke. And 11 wins is VERY generous. 14 wins might be legit.

I don't know that i'd say Long is better than mcdonald or calais campbell, but if he is, it's certainly not "easily"

There are easily 25 teams with more talent than Seattle. They got an atrocious OL, Lynch REALLY seems like the type of guy that just showed up in his contract year and then will regress to how he looked his first 4 years, no other scary skill position guys, huge question mark at QB, and their defense is mediocre at best and they just lost one of the best players on their front 7 (Hawthorne). On their entire team, they only have 1-2 players, at most, that would start on the Niners. Plus Harbaugh owns the s**t out of Carroll, can't see how they'd be any threat to us
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

who is starting at QB?

Matt Flynn, thats why they'll b a threat
Originally posted by fly15:

Yeah because Flynn totally proved himself by playing one single game in a loaded Packers offense. He wont have 1 10th the weapons in Seattle. He is hyped up and don't be surprised if he isn't the Aaron Rodgers everything thinks he is.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by fly15:

Yeah because Flynn totally proved himself by playing one single game in a loaded Packers offense. He wont have 1 10th the weapons in Seattle. He is hyped up and don't be surprised if he isn't the Aaron Rodgers everything thinks he is.

Matt Flynn = Matt Cassel 2.0.

They've even got the same first name.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jul 14, 2012 at 4:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone