There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NFC West

  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,206
i see a very competitive division. we're talking about the weak NFC West where the sea chickens went on the road to beat the SB champion giants and the cardinals beat the eagles. the lambs with new HC fisher who made the titans a very nasty, feisty sb contender. AZ beat the 49ers last year and seachickens put up a great fight in their home turf, even though the crowd noise is "piped"! We should still win on strength alone because harbaugh will punch them in the mouth but it's going to be a dog fight all year long....

49ers 10-6
seachickens 9-7
tard-inals - 9-7
Lambs 6-10
Remaining NFC West teams are just the 2nd 3rd and 4th place teams in our division. no one has the defense or special teams we have and i really doubt any of them has a better year offensively than were gonna have. we have weapons everywhere, weapons behind those weapons and a qb who looks like the stars have finally aligned for him and a coach whos crazy as hell on offense. this is gonna be a fun year, were gonna torch all of these clowns twice
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Remaining NFC West teams are just the 2nd 3rd and 4th place teams in our division. no one has the defense or special teams we have and i really doubt any of them has a better year offensively than were gonna have. we have weapons everywhere, weapons behind those weapons and a qb who looks like the stars have finally aligned for him and a coach whos crazy as hell on offense. this is gonna be a fun year, were gonna torch all of these clowns twice

how could we not have the best offense in the division? other than larry fitzgerald, do the rams, cards, or hawks have a single
player on offense that would start for us?
marshawn would start for us i think or atleast be a split back with gore. other than that, nobody.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
marshawn would start for us i think or atleast be a split back with gore. other than that, nobody.

Gore > Lynch.
Originally posted by niners420:
I don't know that i'd say Long is better than mcdonald or calais campbell, but if he is, it's certainly not "easily"

Any offense that plays the rams has a KEY assignment and thats to double team Long. Long is ALL they have, and yet he still produces. If they can surround him with talented pass rushers, the dude will become one of the leagues best. I'd take Long over McDonald or Campbell.

Campbell and Long have both been drafted in the 2008 draft.

Long has almost 10 more sacks.

Long is easily better.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
marshawn would start for us i think or atleast be a split back with gore. other than that, nobody.

Gore > Lynch.
if he is its not by much based on last year. lynch was a monster last year. gore still gets the edge but its very slight i think.
Originally posted by niners420:
how could we not have the best offense in the division? other than larry fitzgerald, do the rams, cards, or hawks have a single
player on offense that would start for us?


Russell Okung is a good player, he would probably bump one of our tackles. And our RG situation is wide open.

You make a good point though. The rest of our division seems to mirror us, but they're weaker at 90% of the positions on both offense and defense.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if he is its not by much based on last year. lynch was a monster last year. gore still gets the edge but its very slight i think.

Well would you want Lynch starting on our team over Gore? You would have to be a water headed retard to say that you would.
Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by niners420:
I don't know that i'd say Long is better than mcdonald or calais campbell, but if he is, it's certainly not "easily"

Any offense that plays the rams has a KEY assignment and thats to double team Long. Long is ALL they have, and yet he still produces. If they can surround him with talented pass rushers, the dude will become one of the leagues best. I'd take Long over McDonald or Campbell.

Campbell and Long have both been drafted in the 2008 draft.

Long has almost 10 more sacks.

Long is easily better.


Long is a 4-3 DE. His primary job is to get sacks.
I think Seattle's defense has potential to be a top 5 unit. Qb is obviously the biggest question mark. I think its a lazy evaluation to just write off Flynn as Cassel or Kolb 2.0. I think they can manage him similarly to how we used Alex and the Bengals used Dalton. He will at least be a moderate upgrade from TJackson which combined with their defense and running game will be enough to make them a very tough team. Probably unrelated to next year but Russel Wilson is also a future stud imo.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if he is its not by much based on last year. lynch was a monster last year. gore still gets the edge but its very slight i think.

Well would you want Lynch starting on our team over Gore? You would have to be a water headed retard to say that you would.

theyre both good backs but harbaugh obviously thinks gore is slowing down since he put so much emphasis on RBs this year with LMJ and Jacobs. Gore is awesome but hes aging, lynch is in his prime and would be just as good as gore with our Oline as a runner. as a receiver gore is better so gore gets the advantage but for how long? we'll see. theres no water in my head, retard
Originally posted by natrone06:
I think Seattle's defense has potential to be a top 5 unit. Qb is obviously the biggest question mark. I think its a lazy evaluation to just write off Flynn as Cassel or Kolb 2.0. I think they can manage him similarly to how we used Alex and the Bengals used Dalton. He will at least be a moderate upgrade from TJackson which combined with their defense and running game will be enough to make them a very tough team. Probably unrelated to next year but Russel Wilson is also a future stud imo.

A top five unit? While they have an above average secondary with an outstanding free safety, outside of Leroy Hill can you name any of their linebackers? Their run defense is very soft at times. They are tough to beat when they play at home because it's hard to get plays in on offense, but I think you're overrating them as a whole.
Niners are still at least 3 games better than any NFC west team so.......
Niners 13-3
Seahawks 8-8
Cardinals 7-9
Rams 5-11