There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is the 2012 schedule really as hard as people are making it seem?

Damn this year is going to be some EPIC matchups..

We already have some bad blood with seattle and arizona..

But now the packers are back into our sights

The whole Lions handshake fight

Saints want revenge

Giants want to prove their NFCC win wasnt a 'fluke'

And the Pats probably are curious to what the fuss is all about over our defense..

And I thought last year had some good games..

I'm going to say 11-5, with a division win of course. (seattle and arizona wont go above .500)

..I would say 14-2 but im not trying to get my hopes up.
[ Edited by denali22 on Jul 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by denali22:
Damn this year is going to be some EPIC matchups..

We already have some bad blood with seattle and arizona..

But now the packers are back into our sights

The whole Lions handshake fight

Saints want revenge

Giants want to prove their NFCC win wasnt a 'fluke'

And the Pats probably are curious to what the fuss is all about over our defense..

And I thought last year had some good games..

I'm going to say 11-5, with a division win of course. (seattle and arizona wont go above .500)

..I would say 14-2 but im not trying to get my hopes up.

I agree with 11-5 but I think Seattle will be slightly better than .500 at 9-7. They have a great secondary but their lbs are weak and the offense is an unknown with Flynn or Jackson there.
I think Seattle is going for a 7-9 three-PETE. Niners might not be able to match or surpass the 13-3 record, maybe they can, but I see another winning season that may lead to the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by slidingswhiz:
I think Seattle is going for a 7-9 three-PETE. Niners might not be able to match or surpass the 13-3 record, maybe they can, but I see another winning season that may lead to the Super Bowl.

we may be a better team than last year but i doubt we get 13 + wins

i think 11 or 12 is very reasonable
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we may be a better team than last year but i doubt we get 13 + wins

i think 11 or 12 is very reasonable

good point.. i think we will and should be a better team this next year.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol why would you use his games played over games started? Oh wait...

Of course the number goes down if you use games. You add in games where he doesn't complete a game. He misses out on chances to get many yards if he doesn't finish...That's why the difference is so great. Games started is more accurate.

Am i missing something?


no i jjust instinctively did total yards over games

but then again it isnt reallly fair to use total yards over games started because thats giving him extra yards (almost 30 games worth of maybe 100 yards each game)

so i think my initial 230 yards a game may actually be spot on


anyway the point is the more importnt passing statistic is YPA not total passing yards thats what alex tried to say

That makes absolutely no sense.
Originally posted by slidingswhiz:
I think Seattle is going for a 7-9 three-PETE. Niners might not be able to match or surpass the 13-3 record, maybe they can, but I see another winning season that may lead to the Super Bowl.

+1
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That makes absolutely no sense.

i didt word it clearly anyway i would like to drop the issue as it really isnt important but what i was saying is that they were games in which he didnt start in which he complied yards and you counted them as average per game started
everyone i have seen has said the 9ers are gonna start off 0-2 and some people have us starting 0-3..i dont get this at all..sure the packers will be tough but to say the lions will beat us is crazy..sure they CAN but why is it a lock for these guys..and then for some to say the vikings WILL beat us is nuts!!..just a bunch of alex haters i think..they think his year was a fluke for some reason..alex will be a top 10 qb this year..thats fine with me.
Originally posted by Pfield9er:
everyone i have seen has said the 9ers are gonna start off 0-2 and some people have us starting 0-3..i dont get this at all..sure the packers will be tough but to say the lions will beat us is crazy..sure they CAN but why is it a lock for these guys..and then for some to say the vikings WILL beat us is nuts!!..just a bunch of alex haters i think..they think his year was a fluke for some reason..alex will be a top 10 qb this year..thats fine with me.

Because there is a bias for QBs and offenses in the NFL. At the rate the NFL is going, I wouldn't be suprised if they do away with defense in the next 10 years. It will be Luck passing a deep ball to an unimpeded Fleener against RGIII chucking it to some WR stud who isn't allowed to be covered. CBs will only be allowed to line up against the Endzone, but they cant move thier feet (like they played the "blob" or "freeze tag.")
Originally posted by Pfield9er:
everyone i have seen has said the 9ers are gonna start off 0-2 and some people have us starting 0-3..i dont get this at all..sure the packers will be tough but to say the lions will beat us is crazy..sure they CAN but why is it a lock for these guys..and then for some to say the vikings WILL beat us is nuts!!..just a bunch of alex haters i think..they think his year was a fluke for some reason..alex will be a top 10 qb this year..thats fine with me.

0-3 is impossible
sorry but we dont lose to vikings


0-2 ya thats possible as detriot and packers are both great teams but imo its unlikely especially the lions they are just too one dimensional and we have better CB than last year when we beat them not to mention we have better WR and 1 more year (and our first offseason TC etc.) in the system

that will bode well for the packers game as well
i think we will still make the playoffs but we are going to have to bring our A game...this is a tuff schedule. c'mon we are going up against the top 5 QBs in the league
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i think we will still make the playoffs but we are going to have to bring our A game...this is a tuff schedule. c'mon we are going up against the top 5 QBs in the league

You mean the top 5 QBs in the league are going up against the best D in the league.
Just want the season to start already...
Originally posted by A9R4Life:
Just want the season to start already...

Amen brotha.