LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

Is the 2012 schedule really as hard as people are making it seem?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You only get better by playing the best. These games will have us prepared for the tough match ups in the playoffs and beyond.

.. and I think we are a tough-minded enough team to not lose hope or energy IF somehow we do drop the first two games. Our guys are hungry and will not let up.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
@ Green Bay, @ NY Jets, NY Giants, @ New Orleans, @ New England, @ Seattle...

No cake walk here my friend.

We play the Giants at home

Anyways out of those other 5 if we can go 3-2 at the worst then we're in business

says so, if you look closely at his post..

and while we're at it why the hell is the Jets game considered tough?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
and while we're at it why the hell is the Jets game considered tough?

+ 1

Not afraid of the NYJ at all. Our defense will OWN lil Marky Sanchez.
Lose to the packers, win 12 straight, lose to New england, win 2 straight then playoffs. 14-2, good for 1st or 2nd in the NFC depending on the packers.
It's definetily going to be harder to go 13-3 and secure a bye in the playoffs.

1st place schedule means you face all the division winners in your conference. Looking at the schedule though 9-11 victories should be easy and the rest of our division sucks.

We're easily a playoff team and a contender to win it all.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
If we can start off better than 0-2, I'm confident of a good season.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You only get better by playing the best. These games will have us prepared for the tough match ups in the playoffs and beyond.

.. and I think we are a tough-minded enough team to not lose hope or energy IF somehow we do drop the first two games. Our guys are hungry and will not let up.

JH won't allow it.
13-3
I think we will be 13-3 once again this year, with our losses coming at Arizona, New Orleans and New England.
Keep in mind the Super Bowl champion Giants clinched the NFC East with a .500 record in their division and losses to us, Saints, Packers, and a near loss to New England in regular season (not to mention loss to Seattle and barely beating Miami and Jets). They then proceeded to avenge each regular season loss in the playoffs.

I certainly can't imagine us having that bad of a regular season, whether teams are gunning for us or not. And I'm positive if we dropped any of the marquee games in the playoffs, we will definitely have their ass in the rematch.

One thing I noticed in last year's team is resiliency even when things are bad. People talk about luck and a lot of stuff trying to downplay our situation, but we went 13-3 with probably one of the weakest offenses in the history of 13-3 teams....think about it!!

My biggest concern: keeping injuries in check.

We do that, and we are #1 contender in my opinion.

I personally feel losses are gonna come to division opponents in trap games, maybe 1 or 2 big name teams...11-5/12-4 is what I predict.

it seems as though optimism abounds about the 2012 49ers with some of you and with others, you are cautiously confident. I say, sit back, enjoy each individual game and watch as the work the coaches and players put in plays out and is executed on each and every play. what cannot be denied is that the Niners ARE a team to be reckoned with and that they are on EACH and EVERY opponents radar. that means that EACH and EVERY opponent will bring their A-game and the Niners will bring theirs. this means that these will be very well played games, and if (and when) the Niners are victorious, they will show that they are not a one-hit wonder and that the rest of the league ( and these so-called sports and football experts, i.e. Jamie Dicks, Coward Cowherd) MUST give the Niners the utmost respect and announce that we are an elite (ha-ha) team. I will say LaMichael James is an important piece of our offense who will definitely surprise.
[ Edited by NinerTy on Jul 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM ]
This thread is kind of irrelevant because the only way to judge SOC is win/loss therefor we have one of the toughest schedules. How good we are doesn't matter when it comes to that.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
That's a tough schedule outside of the division games, and even then, I don't think our division will be as bad this year as they were last year.
  • Timma
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerTy:
it seems as though optimism abounds about the 2013 49ers with some of you and with others, you are cautiously confident. I say, sit back, enjoy each individual game and watch as the work the coaches and players put in plays out and is executed on each and every play. what cannot be denied is that the Niners ARE a team to be reckoned with and that they are on EACH and EVERY opponents radar. that means that EACH and EVERY opponent will bring their A-game and the Niners will bring theirs. this means that these will be very well played games, and if (and when) the Niners are victorious, they will show that they are not a one-hit wonder and that the rest of the league ( and these so-called sports and football experts, i.e. Jamie Dicks, Coward Cowherd) MUST give the Niners the utmost respect and pronounce that we are an elite (ha-ha) team. I will say LaMichael James is an important piece of our offense who will definitely surprise.
This pretty much sums it up for me. The coaching staff and the players take it one game at a time and it's a smart way to approach it. Based on what happened last year and what has happened in the offseason, the 49ers are going to be very dangerous. The Packers will have their hands full.
Yeah 19-0

Sounds retarded but I actually believe this is one of the more capable teams that can actually pull it off.
Share 49ersWebzone