There are 256 users in the forums

Is the 2012 schedule really as hard as people are making it seem?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we be a better team offensively and a slightly worse defensive team. My reasoning for the defense is that we are bound to have an injury or two. All together, we probably wont be able to duplicate our record last year, but still a solid playoff team at 11-5 or 12-4.
Been so long since we won a game in Lambeau. In fact I don't remember when the last time.
People need to stop being scared of the schedule, we are an elite team now. Every game on the schedule is winnable.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
People need to stop being scared of the schedule, we are an elite team now. Every game on the schedule is winnable.

we are an elite team ?

we need more winning seasons to be an elite team
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Been so long since we won a game in Lambeau. In fact I don't remember when the last time.

Montana threw for 400 yards and three TDs. That was a time when passing yards correlated to wins.

Much before the Smithonian era where passing yards don't really matter.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199011040gnb.htm
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
4-12 this season.

We're talking the niners record not your fantasy record... !
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

we are an elite team ?

we need more winning seasons to be an elite team

Last time I checked we were a Kyle Williams fumble away from the Super Bowl.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Any given sunday anything can happen. I for one ain't going to make predictions just by looking at the schedule. Look what happened last year, experts had us losing before the season started. We had a tough schedule last year as well and without training camp we go to the NFC championship game. This year with all the players coming back, defense intact, and added weapons on offense....I'm going to take it one week at a time because no matter who we're playing or where, we'll always have that great chance going into it and winning.

Unlike past coaching regimes, I trust the preparation and play calling of THIS coaching staff.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Montana threw for 400 yards and three TDs. That was a time when passing yards correlated to wins.

How many of those 400 yds was RAC yds?

... and interestingly, in 1990... Montana's 12th season... he had a 89 QBR.

Just so long we dont lose MNF against the Bears......I coming all the way from Maui to see Cutler get put on his a$$.....

If that were true Montana ( carrer average 230 yard per game ) would've not won 4 sb and Marino would've won a lot
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

If that were true Montana ( carrer average 230 yard per game ) would've not won 4 sb and Marino would've won a lot

That stats line can swing either way. Looks like a blowout of the Packers or Montana trying to come from behind to get a win. Remembering the Packers were total sh*t into the late 90's, I would say it was a blow out win by the offense with a good Niner defense at their back. No one like to see the anemic type of offense that was there last year. It was a Niners team offense that was trying to get a win each and every week however they can, because they have been bad for so long. They were just worrying about putting together a string of wins. They couldn't afford to worry about how they are going to win it or by how much. There was no way they were going to to average 300 yards a game with the personnel, injuries, and circumstances that they had last year.

Hopefully it will be better this year. I think it will. Very promising.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Marino had 255 per game and Montana had 247 yards per game. Montana was just a better QB.

Not sure where you got your Montana's numbers from.

By the way, 7/10 of the top passing yardage teams made the playoffs, including the top 5 passing teams. The exceptions were Shaub (injury), Tebow (sucks), Smith (ya know), Dalton (rookie), Flacco (#12).
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:

How many of those 400 yds was RAC yds?

... and interestingly, in 1990... Montana's 12th season... he had a 89 QBR.

RAC yards are achieved by great ball placement as well as a WRs ability.

A 89 QBR is good. Montana also had 26 TDs and 4,000 yards with 16 ints. If we get those numbers this year we waltz into the playoffs.
this may be wishful thinking on my part but i honestly see them going 13-3 again this year. there is only 6 tuff games imo and they can go either way. gb, det, chi, ny, no and ne. i think we lose at gb but its gonna be a fight. in the last couple years even when the team wasnt winning they always win primetime games at home( det and chi) those are wins. the giants will not come into the stick and get lucky again. at ne i have them losing that game also. i think the saints are done this yr so not a real worry. i have them losing a game somehwere along the season that is not expected(as long as its not buffalo cuz i already have a lot of money on that game with a delusional bills fan). so i am seeing 13-3 again. i do think it is a brutal schedule but doable again this is just my opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone