There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree looking sharp in camp

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
72 catches and a few drops. He can work on that. He still can get open, thats the point. He was double teamed after morgan and ginn went down. Secondaries had to watch morgan, edwards and ginn for hos sheer speed. When they went down teams doubled crabtree.
He still made plays like in the Sea game, snatching the jump ball.

i agree withth e single covered part (for most part ) but he wasnt handcuffed by a weak passing offense

he was his own handcuff

he had 0 ability to break away from double coverage and like you said once teams realized he was our only WR and started to doublle (and maybe even triple him) he could not get open at all
A year in the system, following Moss around like a puppy, having a better rapport with Smith...just good things ahead for Crabtree...as long as the other receivers don't implode.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
A year in the system, following Moss around like a puppy, having a better rapport with Smith...just good things ahead for Crabtree...as long as the other receivers don't implode.

more importantly is second year in system and also actually playing in TC this year
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
72 catches and a few drops. He can work on that. He still can get open, thats the point. He was double teamed after morgan and ginn went down. Secondaries had to watch morgan, edwards and ginn for hos sheer speed. When they went down teams doubled crabtree.

i agree withth e single covered part (for most part ) but he wasnt handcuffed by a weak passing offense

he was his own handcuff

he had 0 ability to break away from double coverage and like you said once teams realized he was our only WR and started to doublle (and maybe even triple him) he could not get open at all

You've stated the pass protection was weak numerous times. You've stated the WRs were weak numerous times. Smith wasn't exactly Drew Brees. The play calling was also very conservative.

So yes. he was handcuffed by a sorry passing attack, IMO.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
I just love the highlight where he makes a fool out of the great Namdi.

What part of the game was this?
You've stated the pass protection was weak numerous times. You've stated the WRs were weak numerous times. Smith wasn't exactly Drew Brees. The play calling was also very conservative.

in that sense ya i agree with you

but my point is that a true #1 WR will still be able to get openin double coverage and he did not

i agree with you nad have stated his supporting cast (post morgan injury) sucked ginn KW and swain were not good targets to take away attention from crabtrr

KW has potential (still needed a lot of improvement last year) and ginn has never been great

if you state it how u did i would agree with you however

even with only ginn and KW as supporting cast he had one of the best nfl stats in past 11 games for WR ( id id my own calculations and if you expand it to 16 game season he would have over 1200 yards)

but my main problem was when ginn went down he was literally the only threat and he didnt step up when we most needed him to
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

the Eagles game...second half I'm guessing...it was a sick move...
[ Edited by Hitman49 on Jul 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Hitman49:

I think 3rd qtr. Kinda started the flow of points
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by Hitman49:

I think 3rd qtr. Kinda started the flow of points

That was actually first drive in eagles game unfortunately that drive led to a blocked fg
Looks like Crabs streak of no preseason games might remain intact.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-camp-727-Crabtree-hobbled-?blockID=747491&feedID=5936
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jul 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

He better hope not. He has three Capable WR's and the rookie breathing down his neck, furiously, looking for a starting role.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-camp-727-Crabtree-hobbled-?blockID=747491&feedID=5936

Crabtree's chronic Trainingcampitis strikes again!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he was his own handcuff

he wont get it young, but when it come to AS he'll come up with some funny s..t stats.... and when it comes to other players, its always their fault. I bet he'll blame Moss next season for a pathetic passing attack
[ Edited by fly15 on Jul 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM ]
Originally posted by fly15:
he wont get it young, but when it come to AS he'll come up with some funny s..t stats.... and when it comes to other players, its always their fault. I bet he'll blame Moss next season for a pathetic passing attack

Stop posting.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
How many were thrown to him (serious question, I don't recall and won't watch it again - I've blocked the game out of my memory)? I don't recall many. And before you even try it, most WRs are not open by NFL standards on most plays. Many QBs give the WRs a chance to make something happen with the ball in the air. I'm not trying to knock our QB, but the truth is the truth. Guys like Crabtree would function better with a QB willing to take a chance.

Which wasn't the case in 2010. Many Smith to Crabtree catchable passes ended up being intercepted.