LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Crabtree looking sharp in camp

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
How many were thrown to him (serious question, I don't recall and won't watch it again - I've blocked the game out of my memory)? I don't recall many. And before you even try it, most WRs are not open by NFL standards on most plays. Many QBs give the WRs a chance to make something happen with the ball in the air. I'm not trying to knock our QB, but the truth is the truth. Guys like Crabtree would function better with a QB willing to take a chance.

Which wasn't the case in 2010. Many Smith to Crabtree catchable passes ended up being intercepted.

@49errider

matt millen sam lam tim k matt barrows ray rotto , greg

they all said smith had no options at all because no one was getting open

not getting wide open not even nfl open they were not open open at all
  • Jiks
Great another AS thread awesome!!!

Anyways, seriously?! Get home from work and read Crabs hurt his ankle again?! Already!? SOB!!! WTF!?
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
72 catches and a few drops. He can work on that. He still can get open, thats the point. He was double teamed after morgan and ginn went down. Secondaries had to watch morgan, edwards and ginn for hos sheer speed. When they went down teams doubled crabtree.
He still made plays like in the Sea game, snatching the jump ball.

i agree withth e single covered part (for most part ) but he wasnt handcuffed by a weak passing offense

he was his own handcuff

he had 0 ability to break away from double coverage and like you said once teams realized he was our only WR and started to doublle (and maybe even triple him) he could not get open at all

You've stated the pass protection was weak numerous times. You've stated the WRs were weak numerous times. Smith wasn't exactly Drew Brees. The play calling was also very conservative.

So yes. he was handcuffed by a sorry passing attack, IMO.

he wont get it young, but when it come to AS he'll come up with some funny s..t stats.... and when it comes to other players, its always their fault. I bet he'll blame Moss next season for a pathetic passing attack

here's a funny stat: in the saints game smith threw two consecutive passes for a first down to crabtree and he dropped them both. i guess crabtree was being handcuffed by a sorry passing attack right?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, what's up with Crab and these TC injuries? Makes me want to throw something.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, what's up with Crab and these TC injuries? Makes me want to throw something.

First practice of the year as well, it makes absolutely no sense at all. Is he unconditioned? Is he a just a p***y? Or does he just get freakishly injured somehow at the beginning of camp/practice/offseason? It's mind boggling, especially after claiming all season is that "All Crabtree needs is an offseason to become a legit WR" and first practice of the year he's "hobbled" again. I just want the guy to succeed cause I feel he has ample talent, it's just frustrating to hear this already so soon. Who knows though, hopefully he'll be back soon, don't know if it's really serious or not guess we'll have to wait and see.
was it a major injury? i doubt hes doin this on purpose, probably just rolled an ankle
f**kin p***y ass b***h
  • cools
  • Veteran
Cant get pissed at a guy for getting dinged up, I guess you can, but it doesnt make much sence

I trust what the coaches and his teamates say about Crabs, even if most of the fan base dislikes him
You guys do realize that the only writer who is acting like this is a significant injury is little penis wayyy to ugly to be on TV Maiocco? He's just over dramatizing it to get a story for CSN. The other writers said he walked off the field fine afterward. He probs just came down awkwardly and then was told to sit the final 20 min as a precaution cause of his foot injury history and it being the first day of TC. Stop reading into the media BS.
[ Edited by supbaby on Jul 28, 2012 at 12:39 AM ]
Originally posted by supbaby:
You guys do realize that the only writer who is acting like this is a significant injury is little penis wayyy to ugly to be on TV Maiocco? He's just over dramatizing it to get a story for CSN. The other writers said he walked off the field fine afterward. He probs just came down awkwardly and then was told to sit the final 20 min as a precaution cause of his foot injury history and it being the first day of TC. Stop reading into the media BS.

Originally posted by supbaby:

didn't know you like handsome men to deliver 49er news to you...but that's cool, not judging
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
was it a major injury? i doubt hes doin this on purpose, probably just rolled an ankle

He walked off the field with no visible pain. If you can walk on the ankle, it's not really an injury, just precautionary.
I have been extremely disappointed with Crabtree's career so far. I wouldn't mind if the 9ers traded him. Another training camp injury.....Is he on his way to miss his 4th training camp in 4 years?
One guy tweeted that he hurt his ankle but was walking fine after practice.

Omg!
Hey the guy hurt his ankle...must be the conditioning and he's a p***y

It's an ankle...Are any of you athletes in the slightest sense? The best athletes in the world are susceptible to ankle injuries.

He walked off, no MRI. He's not sitting out the rest of camp because he tweeked an ankle
Share 49ersWebzone