There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree looking sharp in camp

Originally posted by Youngb:
Why the hate on oldman9er posts. He's one of the few whose posts don't consist solely of:

1. Didnt read lol
2. THIS!!!!
3. or any of the other smilies
4. A bad joke that people will quote over and over with (refer to #3)
5. Gire
6. Doe

Keep up the quality oldman9er

Content quality isn't the issue.

Its the potshots, insults, condescending tone and attidue that is annoying. Remove those and he's an A+ poster. Although he does't do the things you listed, he's famous for saying things like, "Alex smith is the suxors!" phrase in a lot of posts, which mocks people who don't like Smith.

But as long as he doesn't violate the rules he has the right to do so.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
QB also threw some passes at his feet. Both stunk it up imo.

Those passes at the feet were actually throwing the ball away because no1 was open

LMAO. Wtf are you talking about?

You don't throw the ball away 10-15 yards down the field at a receiver's feet. You throw the ball away way past the defense, or ideally, out of bounds. That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've heard in Niner Talk in a while, and trust me, the offseason gets pretty stupid.

Actually, throwing the ball near the feet of the receiver is done by many Quarterbacks, including Tom Brady. Even on the Top 100 when a player was describing Brady's pin point accuracy, the defender said something like "He threw it only where Wes could catch it, 1 inch off the ground. There's nothing a defender can do about a throw like that." When Brady throws it an inch away from the ground at a receiver's feet and it's caught, he's the most accurate QB in the history of the league. When Alex does it and our receivers don't try to catch it an inch off the ground, he has no idea how to play QB.
Originally posted by Youngb:
Why the hate on oldman9er posts. He's one of the few whose posts don't consist solely of:

1. Didnt read lol
2. THIS!!!!
3. or any of the other smilies
4. A bad joke that people will quote over and over with (refer to #3)
5. Gire
6. Doe

Keep up the quality oldman9er

Didn't read THIS!!! even if Gire doe..

Hahaha touche
I want to see more wiggle from Crabtree this year.. Besides his rookie year, ive seen him get tackled to many times by the first defender. Crabs will never out run a db but ive seen him juke, he has some moves..
Originally posted by oldman9er:
All good, guys.

I look at comments like theirs as I'm sure Alex would look at Jamie Dukes'. Expect and smile at the insults... if and when they compliment you? that's when you worry. Getting poor grades from the Dukes clan just lets me know I am on the right track.

Looks like you hit a nerve. LOL! The Ether's post on page five, describing a Brady throw an inch off the ground as a great pass and Alex doing the same thing as "he can't play," says it all. The anti-Alex folks have a double standard that is just amazing.

By the way, if the ball is thrown away from the receiver I believe that is sometimes called intentional grounding, no? Really good QBs do not put it in the refs hands to make that call, they put the ball where no one will catch it except their guy--close to the feet. This has been an NFL reality for as long as I can recall.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 9, 2012 at 7:16 AM ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
QB also threw some passes at his feet. Both stunk it up imo.

Those passes at the feet were actually throwing the ball away because no1 was open

LMAO. Wtf are you talking about?

You don't throw the ball away 10-15 yards down the field at a receiver's feet. You throw the ball away way past the defense, or ideally, out of bounds. That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've heard in Niner Talk in a while, and trust me, the offseason gets pretty stupid.

Intentional grounding.

Now can you all stop the b***hing and the personal comments. This thread is about Crabtree not your fellow posters.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
I want to see more wiggle from Crabtree this year.. Besides his rookie year, ive seen him get tackled to many times by the first defender. Crabs will never out run a db but ive seen him juke, he has some moves..

he is much better in space

like the underneath routes especially i hated when we used him as a deep threat

also its a plus we finally have someone to stretch the field that will open up a lot of passes his way and make some room for more YAC
Originally posted by English:
Intentional grounding.

Now can you all stop the b***hing and the personal comments. This thread is about Crabtree not your fellow posters.

That's what I said two pages ago...
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

he is much better in space

like the underneath routes especially i hated when we used him as a deep threat

also its a plus we finally have someone to stretch the field that will open up a lot of passes his way and make some room for more YAC

Agree! With other legitimate targets, beside VD, Crabtree should see more open spaces where he excels. He has more juke than burst so is often tackled before he can build up speed...sort of an anti-Cruz. But I love the way he catches the ball away from his body and he does have good hands, despite not showing them in the NFL so far. With Moss and others stretching the field I hope to see Crabtree live in the middle, catching slants, hooks, etc.

One thing I would like to see Crabtree do as well as Williams is adjust his route when he sees Smith scrambling, coming back for the ball.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Intentional grounding.

It was quickly ignored. Why let an intentional grounding penalty gets in the way of an ignorant criticism of Smith's inaccuracy.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 9, 2012 at 9:06 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
All good, guys.

I look at comments like theirs as I'm sure Alex would look at Jamie Dukes'. Expect and smile at the insults... if and when they compliment you? that's when you worry. Getting poor grades from the Dukes clan just lets me know I am on the right track.

Looks like you hit a nerve. LOL! The Ether's post on page five, describing a Brady throw an inch off the ground as a great pass and Alex doing the same thing as "he can't play," says it all. The anti-Alex folks have a double standard that is just amazing.

By the way, if the ball is thrown away from the receiver I believe that is sometimes called intentional grounding, no? Really good QBs do not put it in the refs hands to make that call, they put the ball where no one will catch it except their guy--close to the feet. This has been an NFL reality for as long as I can recall.

These two guys right here are two of the best posters on this website. No sarcasm here, sincere truth. Always get great feedback and dialogue from both of you when I post. I don't see why people hate. Your posts always have well-thought insight, criticism etc. which is all you can ask for on this board.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Intentional grounding.

I was quickly ignored. Why let an intentional grounding penalty gets in the way of an ignorant criticism of Smith's inaccuracy.

My second paragraph was aimed at everyone. Happy to distribute 25% street cred to anyone who continues with the personal comments.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
These two guys right here are two of the best posters on this website. No sarcasm here, sincere truth. Always get great feedback and dialogue from both of you when I post. I don't see why people hate. Your posts always have well-thought insight, criticism etc. which is all you can ask for on this board.

Thanks NinerPride, there are times when negativity calls, but I do try to avoid unnecessary back and forth one-ups-man-ship. Learned my lesson on that some years ago when folks were being banned every day due to the Smith battles.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Thanks NinerPride, there are times when negativity calls, but I do try to avoid unnecessary back and forth one-ups-man-ship. Learned my lesson on that some years ago when folks were being banned every day due to the Smith battles.

Absolutely. Lord knows I was heavy on the negativity when circumstances called for it in years past. But negativity around the team these days is largely irrational and personally-based more than anything else. Between the front office, coaching and talent, I don't really see where people have a bone to pick.

cant wait to see more of these deep bombs, out of Alex & Crabs, next year!