There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree looking sharp in camp

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He analizes the coaches tape. You don't have to agree that Smithy cost us the game or that he didn't help us win.

But you got to admit he missed on three TD opportunities. THe one to KW was obvious. The one to Crabs i didn't see. But the one to walker was obvious as well.

No pressure, no throw - ust checkdowns

Why value one guy's (who never played football) opinion over others'? For all of his (perceived or actual) faults, Smith threw for two TDs in the game. Without the costly fumbles of you-know-who, the 49ers would have won that game. Smith's plays definitely didn't cost the 49ers the game. He might not have done enough, but to say he cost the team the win is biased.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Why value one guy's (who never played football) opinion over others'? For all of his (perceived or actual) faults, Smith threw for two TDs in the game. Without the costly fumbles of you-know-who, the 49ers would have won that game. Smith's plays definitely didn't cost the 49ers the game. He might not have done enough, but to say he cost the team the win is biased.

all the other guys i posted also has access to coaches film as well

im not denying smith left some plays on the field

but multiple guys said smith really didnt have any guys running open at all vs one guy who said the oopposite

and a lot of guys who said he didnt i respect a lot more than cossel (greg papa - for example) and ray ratto (i dont respect) who i remember right constantly hated on alex said something similar
He analizes the coaches tape. You don't have to agree that Smithy cost us the game or that he didn't help us win.

But you got to admit he missed on three TD opportunities. THe one to KW was obvious. The one to Crabs i didn't see. But the one to walker was obvious as well.

Well his opinion is one i partially agreed with and is what i saw during games. I'm pessimistic, so my brain focuses on the s**t we f**ked up on when we lose. So in the NFCC, i blamed KW.

Alex didn't contribute to the loss, IMO, but he did leave plays on the field.

Some agree with the other guys. Whatever.

your right on here. Smith didnt cost us the game. we had many opportunities all over the field. to blame 1 guy or 2 guys is stupid
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Greg Cosell thought differently: Link

Let's start with the first 3rd down of the game. It was 3rd and 4; the 49ers had already gotten 1 first down. Michael Crabtree ran a sail route (kind of a flattened corner route). He was wide open. Smith, with no pressure in the pocket, did not pull the trigger. It was a throw that had to be made. The result of the play was an incompletion on a late check down to Frank Gore.

The first play of the 49ers fourth offensive possession was also telling. It was a shot play, a called big play off Smith boot action. Williams ran a deep post off a stutter move. The double move froze Corey Webster, and Williams raced by him. The design of the play worked. Smith overthrew Williams by 5 yards. A good throw, and it was a touchdown. An adequate throw, and it was still a 50 yard gain. This was another missed opportunity.

But the first play of the second half was perhaps the most indicative of Smith's performance. You come out of halftime with a specific plan. The 49ers went to one of their staples, the wheel route. A shot play right out of the gate. Delanie Walker, from his line of scrimmage tight end position, ran by a slipping Webster. The concept worked to perfection. Walker screamed down the sideline. Smith again did not pull the trigger from a clean pocket. He ended up getting sacked for a 7 yard loss.

More details needed. Otherwise it's just his opinion like any one else. Where was the safety in relation to Crabtree. Where was the underneath LB if there's any. Where is Smith's initial look at snap of the ball. That could sometimes tell us if Crabtree is the first option or not. How deep is the Crabtree route in relation to the pocket condition. Because they only needed 4 yards to get a first down. Is it better to wait a little longer to get it to Crabtree and risk a sack or get to Frank for 4 yards.

The biggest evident that it's more of the receivers not being open is that Baalke after seeing the NFCCG went out and got Randy Moss, Manningham, and drafted Jenkins. Maybe Smith missed a few in that game, but he's not the only and major problem in the 1 of 12 --3rd down conversion.

Yep, definitely remember that overthrow on Williams.
Crabtree had the cleanest jersey in the NFCCCG, there wasn't a spot of dirt on it for most of the game..
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
all the other guys i posted also has access to coaches film as well

im not denying smith left some plays on the field

but multiple guys said smith really didnt have any guys running open at all vs one guy who said the oopposite

and a lot of guys who said he didnt i respect a lot more than cossel (greg papa - for example) and ray ratto (i dont respect) who i remember right constantly hated on alex said something similar
You value a bay area sport broadcaster's opinion over somebody who's only job is to review NFL film??? Im not say that Cossel is the preeminate authority here, but he certainly has more credibility than Gregg Papa.
You value a bay area sport broadcaster's opinion over somebody who's only job is to review NFL film??? Im not say that Cossel is the preeminate authority here, but he certainly has more credibility than Gregg Papa.

i agree cossel is better if it was 1 person to 1 person ratio i would agree

but literally cossel is the only one who said alex played more poorly than WR out of multiple people
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Crabtree had the cleanest jersey in the NFCCCG, there wasn't a spot of dirt on it for most of the game..

What's the significance of that statement? That he wasn't trying, or that he wasnt given the chance to make a play?
What's the significance of that statement? That he wasn't trying, or that he wasnt given the chance to make a play?

you do know in an interview crabtree said that he wasnt able to split the double team in the NFCCG right? he said this offseason that will be his number 1 goal
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

you do know in an interview crabtree said that he wasnt able to split the double team in the NFCCG right? he said this offseason that will be his number 1 goal

When he can actually practice it.

I'm just pointing out that it was rainy that day and the jerseys on the rest of the players were all filthy, but not his, I always wondered why.
Originally posted by FL9er:

This! Lol
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by FL9er:

This! Lol

Yung,

I was actually living in Philly when this happened. LOL! It was like on loop on every radio station for weeks. Never gets old!

can u prove it?