LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr. could be in danger of being cut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
thank you! i know people like susweet and his cat hate kyle but i really do not think anyone is emotionally scarred from that game.

Not even convinced that susweet cares one way or another. I think he just likes to take an extreme angle on something every now and then just to and sit back as people get riled up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Not even convinced that susweet cares one way or another. I think he just likes to take an extreme angle on something every now and then just to and sit back as people get riled up.
i think you are right. he says he wants ck to be the quarterback this year throwing to swain and hastings can not tell if he is joking which is probably the way he wants it to be. i am sorry if i got bent out of shape with the kid who posted about being emotionally damaged from the giants game. you just get over that stuff. when i was younger in 1990 and craig fumbled, yes i kicked the tv and yelled at my girlfriends son but even back then i got over it in a few days and looked forward to the next year. i just never dwell in the past. i figure i do not have the time to dwell cuz there is so much stuff that needs to be done moving forward
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
I don't think we will see KW handling any of the ST duties. I believe he has the ability but as many have said, KW and all of us have been mentally scarred by that sequence of events. In any case Ginn makes the team for his return abilities alone, plus that cool fly sweep.

As for KW, I honestly believe he will be one of the better WRs on this team. He runs good routes, his hands can be a little inconsistent but that seems to be a common occurrence with the Niners nowadays. He is a fluid player, very quick off the line and has very good top end speed as well. Kid seems to put in the work and if we are picking based on who our best players are, I am confident he will make the team. KW can play, we need to get over his mistakes. Our whole O other than Vernon sucked that day, as did several coaching decisions. Biggest game of his life, difficult conditions, difficult circumstances. He may or may never be a "clutch" player, who knows? However, if he earns it out there he has the right to put on the jersey.
please. if i had a picture of susweets cat jumping off the ledge i would use it. No one is emotionally scarred by that game and if you are,, you need to seek help. kyle is not emotionally scarred by this unless you have some relationship with his therapist. if he was, he would have went fishing with woods this off season. Instead he has put on some muscle and worked his ass off to make this team. he also was allowed to practice kick and punt returns in otas so that tells me no one is slashing thier wrists because of what occured in a game five months ago that means nothing now. I agree with alot of your post but i sort of wish you would have left off the mentally scarred thing. it is not that tragic for most including the players and coaches. They will all use that as motivation to go a little further this coming year.emotionally scarred is when you turn on your faucets in the morning and blood comes rushing out of them. that is usually a sign that an ex girlfriend who i hate will be calling me

Just a little hyperbole buddy. I don't actually believe anyone is emotionally scarred, although some of the fan base leaves room to wonder. Merely trying to demonstrate that I understand why many are still angry and bitter. Like I said, if I was emotionally scarred I doubt I'd be pushing for Kyle to make the team, I'd join some of these guys with the pitchforks trying to run him out of town lol.
[ Edited by GoldenJoe on Jun 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM ]
i think you are right. he says he wants ck to be the quarterback this year throwing to swain and hastings can not tell if he is joking which is probably the way he wants it to be. i am sorry if i got bent out of shape with the kid who posted about being emotionally damaged from the giants game. you just get over that stuff. when i was younger in 1990 and craig fumbled, yes i kicked the tv and yelled at my girlfriends son but even back then i got over it in a few days and looked forward to the next year. i just never dwell in the past. i figure i do not have the time to dwell cuz there is so much stuff that needs to be done moving forward

Still vividly remember where I was standing and who was around me on that cursed day. The fumble (Craig) was so heart-breaking, I just stood there frozen as the beer bottle fell from my hand to the floor.

Like you say, we get over things. I'm pretty much over the KW screw-ups.... proud to hear he is battling back as best he can.

Life is too short, people.
Ideally I'd like to either be Ginn or Cartwright. If it's one of the two, I'm guessing Cartwright.

Still vividly remember where I was standing and who was around me on that cursed day. The fumble (Craig) was so heart-breaking, I just stood there frozen as the beer bottle fell from my hand to the floor.

Like you say, we get over things. I'm pretty much over the KW screw-ups.... proud to hear he is battling back as best he can.

This. I was supremely bummed for a couple days but after that, I was just so thankful that the team got that close and finally emerged out of the darkness of the past 9 years.

The heartbreak and misery that I had with this team was that there was no light at the end of the tunnel. So although they were a play away from the big dance, I took solace in knowing that this was just the beginning and that 49ers football is back to the standard that Walsh built.

Never have I EVER been this excited for a season to get underway. Last year's debacle gives 'em that much more fuel for this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

agree. now on that fatefull day i came close to kicking the kid and yelling at the tv instead of the other way around,. that would not have been good. i had just gotten over the bad call at first base in game 7 of the cardinals and royals world series that cost the redbirds in 1985 and then five years later, the fumble. now that is trauma!
Half a million is a lot to pay someone for a summer job.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

agree. now on that fatefull day i came close to kicking the kid and yelling at the tv instead of the other way around,. that would not have been good. i had just gotten over the bad call at first base in game 7 of the cardinals and royals world series that cost the redbirds in 1985 and then five years later, the fumble. now that is trauma!

NOTHING IS OVER, YOU JUST DONT TURN IT OFF !!!

I'm glad i was a kid at the time. I called it a good effort and a good game and was proud of the team.

Kids are more resilient then adults.

Originally posted by susweel:

NOTHING IS OVER, YOU JUST DONT TURN IT OFF !!!

Best scene from any movie ever.
It is amazing that people riled on KW (I was mad at him at the time) that they can't let go and want him cut and push for Ginn without realizing that before he came to the niners, Ginn had problems fielding punts to. In fact if you look at the game where he got two TDs he bobbled the punt, but luckily the team kept the gunners off him long enough for him to secure it in time.
Originally posted by WildBill:
It is amazing that people riled on KW (I was mad at him at the time) that they can't let go and want him cut and push for Ginn without realizing that before he came to the niners, Ginn had problems fielding punts to. In fact if you look at the game where he got two TDs he bobbled the punt, but luckily the team kept the gunners off him long enough for him to secure it in time.

Save your breath. Ive been trying for the lat several pages. Every one that hates KW just wants to stick their head in the sand and beleive Ginn has always been an amazing PR.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by WildBill:

Save your breath. Ive been trying for the lat several pages. Every one that hates KW just wants to stick their head in the sand and beleive Ginn has always been an amazing PR.

Hi Ken Williams,

He's amazing now, and that's all that matters if we're trying to get to the Superbowl and win it all. To cut amazing for tenuous potential would be utter stupidity. Don't worry, we'll probably end up keeping your son anyhow based on his pass catching abilities, certainly not for his return "skills".

LaMichael James may return punt. if Perrish Cox make the team he can return punt, and yes if they use Kyle Williams all year to return punt he will get better at it. Are any of these guy as good as Ginn is right now. Probably not, but they all can get better just as Ginn has Gotten better. there are other on the team that can return Kickoff so if it comes down to Keeping Ginn for Punt Return Only. He will not play anything ells NO WR not Kickoffs, No punt Coverage. No Kickoff coverage. then Yes there is a chance he could be cut.
Share 49ersWebzone